Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blood Brothers! Chapter 16
Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 15 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 17

Blood Brothers! Chapter 16

Over at the Indian Village . . .

Chandar was coming back from Patience's house.

"Where have you been?", asked Samir.
"I couldn't get to sleep, so I took a walk", he answered.

"Follow me", she said.

"Why are you out so late?", asked Chandar.
"I woke up and wanted to see you before any of the others got up", said Samir.

At daybreak, Chandar kissed Samir goodbye.

Since it was Saturday, she could go back to bed and dream about Chandar.

Sohan was up early, enjoying "father and son" time with Sundar.

Now that the toddler was fed and changed, Sohan put him in the bouncy seat.

When Hita woke up, she came into the livingroom. "Sundar is growing up too fast", she said.
"Hita, he's a healthy little boy, that's what he's suppose to do", said Sohan.

"It wouldn't be so bad, if I knew I could have another baby", she said.

"Hita, I asked Quanah and he said NO! You got to get over this obsession, about wanting another baby", said Sohan.
"I'll try. I promise", she said.

Later that morning, a beautiful teenage Indian girl . . .

Her little sister . . .

And their cousin arrived at the village.

Quanah was the first to see them and went to ask what they wanted.

"My name is Pale Moon and these two little ones are my sister Gentle Fawn and my cousin Little Blue Bird", the girl said, "We are from the Cheyenne Indian Village."

"Where are your parents?", asked Quanah. "All our parents were killed, along with all the others", she said. "You must be hungry and tired. We will feed you and give you a place to rest", said Quanah.

Quanah took the Cheyenne orphans to the gathering place, where they were fed. Gentle Fawn ate, as if she were starving.

Little Blue Bird, usually a picky eater, cleaned her plate.

"After you finish your meal, I want to hear about what happened to your people", said Quanah.

Pale Moon ate in silence, with a far-away look on her face

After they had finished eating, Marala took the two younger girls to her and Quanah's hut. Gentle Fawn slept in Shardul's bed and Little Bluebird slept in Chandar's.

"Thank you, the food was delicious", said Pale Moon, "I'd ready now to tell you what happened."
"About a week ago our village was attacked by the soldiers. Our parents and almost everyone else were killed.

"Little Bluebird, Gentle Fawn, my mother and I were the only ones who survived. We left our village and started walking through the woods, in hopes of finding other Cheyenne like us."
"My mother was very weak. She had just given birth to my little brother before the attack, so we stopped often, to let her rest".

"She held my cousin Little Bluebird on her lap to comfort her. 'Pale Moon, if I'm unable to continue, you must take care of your sister and cousin', she said. Then she motioned for my little sister Gentle Fawn to come over to where she was sitting".

"My mother held my little sister on her lap and tried to comfort her as best she could".

"When she stood up to continue on our journey, she fell to the ground. She lay there not moving. My mother died, right there in the clearing", said Pale Moon.

"Come, I told Little Bluebird and Gentle Fawn.

"After walking a short distance, I saw your village. Right after that, was when we came here."

"You must be tired", said Marala, when she returned to the gathering place.

I'm taking you to my hut temporarily. The men will decide, if you can stay".

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 17 to continue...

Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 15 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 17

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.