Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blood Brothers! Chapter 18
Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 17 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 19

Blood Brothers! Chapter 18

Monday morning at the River's Edge schoolhouse, Molly was happy to welcome three new students, who had showed up with the others from the village. There was Pale Moon, a pretty teenager with long black hair.

Her sister Gentle Fawn, a cute child with long black pigtails

And their cousin, Little Bluebird, a cute child with short black, bobbed hair.

After the usual morning lessons, lunch was served, then the childern went outside for recess. Little Bluebird played Red Hands with Gentle Fawn.

Horace was chatting with Charity.

"Do you think your parents will let me comw calling on you?", he asked.

"I don't know, but I';; ask them", she answered.

Chandar and Patience ait together in the swing. "I wish you could come over to my house, you know, like a regular gentleman caller", she said, "But I know my parents wouldn't allow it".

"I already knowed that, that's why I came to your window the other night", said Chandar.
"Just because my parents feel that way, doesn't mean I do", she said, "I love when you come again".

Just then Samir came over.

"Chandar, will you play Red Hands with me", she asked, purposely interrupting them.

Chandar stood up and played with her.

When Chandar won, Samir tickled him.

Patience watched, getting madder and madder by the minute.

On the other side of the schoolyard, Horace and Balik were fighting.

I have no idea which one started it. They've been leading up to this all week.

After the dust had cleared, Balik was the winner.

"Balik, fighting isn't the way to settle your differences with Horace", said Molly.
"Yes mam", said Balik.

"I'm sending a note home to your father, to let him know you've misbehaved today", she said.
"Have you got to?", he asked.
"Yes, I think he should know", said Molly.

"Horace, fighting isn't the proper way to settle your differences with Balik", said Molly.
"Yes mam, I know", he said.

"I'm sending a note home to your daddy to let him know you misbehaved today", she said.

"Are you going to ask father if Horace can come calling?", asked Patience.
"Yes, I'm almost an adult, said Charity, "I think it's about time have a gentleman caller".

"Did you girls like school today", asked Samir. "I liked it", said Gentle Fawn. "I liked it, too", said Little Bluebird, "But I don't like these clothes I got to wear".

"It makes me a little sad, knowing this was my last day of school", said Hala. "Why aren't you coming anymore?", asked Pale Moon. "Tonight is my birthday and I'm becoming an adult", answered Hala.

This is also Nachik and Shardul's last day of school. Their birthdays are tonight, then they will also be adults.
Balik was the last to leave for home. He wasn't in any hurry to give his father the note in his pocket.
Over at the village, after the childern returned from school, Waya was lecturing Balik about why he shouldn't fight in school.

"That boy has been disagreeable ever since I met him", said Balik, "Today was the last straw".

"Balik, please don't fight anymore. If you make trouble, they won't allow you and the others to go to their school", said Waya.

"I'm sorry Father, I won't fight again", said Balik.

Later that night, it was time for Nachik birthday. He came to his cake, blew out the candles and started growing up.

He grew up into an attractive adult.

"Aren't you going to tell me happy birthday?", he asked Samir.

"Yes, of course, happy birthday", she said, giving him a hug.

Nachik's twin sister Hala's birthday was next. She came to her cake She blew out the candles, then . . .

Grew up into a pretty adult.

Shardul came to his birthday cake and blew out the candles. He started growing up

Shaedul grew up into a handsome adult.

"Happy birthday, you grew up pleasing to my eyes", said Hala.

"Hala, there's something I've been waiting a long time to ask you", he said.

"Hala Fisher, will you marry me?", asked Shardul.

"Oh yes, yes Shardul!", she said.
To be continued . . .

Click Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 19 to continue...

Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 17 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 19

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.