Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Chapter 7 - From bad to worse
Back to: Chapter 6 (Part 2) Next: Chapter 8 - Starting a Fresh
You're in luck Lady Lily, I literally just finished the pictures for this chapter :D

They walked inside to find that the whole place was completely trashed, everything was on the floor, smashed or upside down. Caitlin fell down onto the floor and had a panic attack, Natalie went down and helped her to the sofa, trying to calm her down. Julie burst into the room saying “My house has been completely- oh god, you too?” and she saw Caitlin and ran over, “Oh my god, Caitlin!” she yelled, “I’ll call the police”

Caitlin sat there crying and saying “It was him. He’s going to get me. I’m dead. Oh God. I need to run” and after two minutes of Natalie using skills to calm her down, Caitlin looked at her, “How did you do that so… easily?” and Natalie smiled, “I’m a doctor”

It turned out her mother was the pillar of the community, Doctor Anderson. She was the doctor at the local hospital - University Hospital of Bitville. Caitlin couldn’t believe that her mother was what she wanted to be as an adult. She realised that her mother was actually a good person and that her dad was lying all these years.

He told her for a start that she was older than him when she was born, to make her sound like the creepy woman, turned out it was the opposite. If she was the age that her dad made out, she’d be fifty-five right now, not thirty-one.

Natalie looked at Caitlin, she realised that all those years of worry were correct, and that promise to leave her alone was false. She lost sixteen years of her daughter’s life for nothing. She felt empty, yet now, a maternal instinct of protection was kicking in, she needed to protect her, so when she looked around and saw how much of a mess the place was but with nothing missing, she knew it was a threat, and now… her dad knew where she lived.

As the police came around they did fingerprints and lots of DNA tests, saying they’d be in touch in a few days when they had their man. They wanted to get away, so Natalie made a call to James.

“James, her dad’s found us,” she said, panicking herself now, “What are we going to do?” On the other end, James was thinking, when a lightbulb hit, “I’ve got that house I’m renting, the people there have just moved out, use that for now” he said to her. His place was only a small, single bedroom, he knew they couldn’t stay there.

That night, they went to the house and James met them there to check if they were okay, he was relieved to see they weren’t hurt, but then realised who the girl was. “Hang on, you’re the girl that was in my shop the other day,” he said “I didn’t know she was your daughter,” he said turning to Natalie. She looked at Caitlin and then James and questioned “Wait, when did you see each other?” and they told her, in which she was shocked to see her boyfriend met her before she did. James grabbed Natalie and hugged her, knowing she needed the support right now.

As the hours passed by, it fell silent and they had a quick takeaway. Caitlin sat nervously as if she was expecting something bad to happen. “There’s no need to worry, Cait,” her mother said to her, “I’m here, I can protect you now.”

A tear fell out Caitlin’s eye. She felt good that she finally had a parent who loved her and cared about her. She wished there was a way her mother could have taken her, but after what she heard, she felt it would’ve been better for everyone if she was never born. Everything was changing so quickly, and she had now put her mother at risk. She felt extremely guilty. She sipped the last of her drink and walked up to bed.

Natalie and Julie looked at each other, “He’s not stupid, he knows that he’s scared us,” Natalie whimpered, “I don’t know what to do. I’m the worst mother in the world, I don’t even know her, Julie” but Julie’s face turned from neutral to pity, she went over and gave her a hug. “He kept me in all those months, all that time, nearly a year I was stuck with him. I should’ve followed your advice, I should’ve got away” and she started crying.

Holy crap, seems the screenshots have doubled themselves, sorry admins!

Click Next: Chapter 8 - Starting a Fresh to continue...

Back to: Chapter 6 (Part 2) Next: Chapter 8 - Starting a Fresh

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.