Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Chapter 10 - The Letter
Back to: Chapter 9 - A New Challenge Next: Chapter 11 (Part 1) - A different turn
Sorry this one's a little short, I would make it longer but tbh it would ruin it. Thanks for reading guys, you make it worth it!

It was a week later and Caitlin and Natalie’s relationship grew. No one knew about Natalie’s pregnancy as she just wanted to let herself get to grips with it first. She sat there with Caitlin at one dinner and she just looked at her food, she prodded it with her fork and swirled it, but she didn’t eat it. Caitlin looked over to her actions and up to her face. “You alright, mum?” she asked her.

“Yeah, I’m fine, just not that hungry, you know?” She sighed, then Caitlin got up, gave her a pat on the shoulder and said: “I’ll make you a cuppa” in which Natalie smiled at her and waited. She sat there as she waited, realising that in fact, a life was growing inside of her and that she would have to tell someone other than Julie soon. She felt it had to be James. Caitlin came back in, cup in hand saying “One cup of tea” and laughing. Natalie took a sip and suddenly it felt the pit of a stomach had rejected what was once her favourite drink. Her insides turned and she realised she had to get to the bathroom. QUICK.

A few minutes later Caitlin guided Natalie to the sofa. “Are you sure you don’t wanna go to bed?” she asked her, worried. Natalie shook her head, “Just a bit of flu, I’ll be fine” in which she closed her eyes to have a little rest. Caitlin sat watching her, hoping she was alright. Suddenly, Julie burst in the door shouting “I’m home!” and walked into the living room, face turning to concern. “Is your mum alright?” Caitlin nodded and said “Been sick”

Julie let out an “ah” and said “Don’t worry, I know what it is” in which Caitlin went “What?”. Julie realised that she had just said something incriminating, so she said “erm, flu! It’s flu, a friend of mine has it, shouldn’t last long” she said. ‘Long enough for her to tell her’ she thought.

Julie sat down and took a deep breath, she could finally relax after a long day. Suddenly the postbox went at the door and they all looked up “What post could be coming at this bloody night?” Julie asked, annoyed. “I’ll get it, it’s probably leaflets or something,” Caitlin said. She walked over to the door and saw this piece of paper on the floor and she then picked it up. It was folded in half, no envelope. She opened it and was upset and scared by what she read…

“I’VE FOUND YOU. I WILL KILL YOU. DAD xxx”

....and she let out a little cry.

She heard Julie getting up and she stuffed it in her pocket before it could be seen. She didn’t want him to be seen bothering her, so she tried to hide it. She grabbed a leaflet out of the drawer just as Julie was walking out, “Everything alright?” Julie asked as she popped her head around the door. Caitlin nodded quickly and stuttering "erm... J-just some leaf-leaflets, just going to take them to the recycling…”

She sat on the grass. Everywhere was empty. The roads had no cars and everything was quiet. She sat there fearing what could happen, but she told herself he couldn’t do anything and just kept looking at the roads. Something she did back at her old house was go outside on the grass in the middle of the night when her dad was asleep. She would sit and think for hours, sometimes until the sun came up. It calmed her.

She got up after about ten minutes and walked back inside, she looked at the roads again. Still empty. ‘He’s not coming’ she thought.

Click Next: Chapter 11 (Part 1) - A different turn to continue...

Back to: Chapter 9 - A New Challenge Next: Chapter 11 (Part 1) - A different turn

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.