Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Chapter 11 (Part 1) - A different turn
Back to: Chapter 10 - The Letter Next: Chapter 11 (Part 2)
Two parts to this one, again. Next part should be up today, but no promises, my game keeps crashing :P

For days, Caitlin had nightmares that made her wake up several times a night. Her mother would come in and comfort her, telling her he didn’t know where they lived. Caitlin still didn’t tell about the letter that was in her jean pocket. She just pretended to take in her mother’s comfort and try to get back to sleep. Her brain wouldn’t let her sleep, and half the time she couldn’t get any more than four hours sleep. She hated it.

She got up the next day, tired. Natalie and Julie had gone out to work, so she was alone at home. She sat on the sofa and watched TV. It was about twelve o’clock when suddenly, the door went. She jumped out of her skin and didn’t know whether to answer it or not. She walked to the window, sneaking and saw it was Jenna standing outside, crying. She walked up to answer it. When she opened it, Jenna looked up at her and said “I know I shouldn’t do this, but I need someone to talk to”

Caitlin let her in asking “Are you alright, Jen?” and Jenna kept shaking her head saying “No, I’m not alright, I’m done, I’m so done,” she wiped her eyes and cried more. Caitlin put her hand on her shoulder, “Is it your parents?” she asked. Jenna shook her head. “I wish” she cried. Caitlin felt a bit confused and hugged her, she didn’t want to force anything out. Jenna got off the sofa, panicking.

“What am I gonna do? My life. Everything. It’s over. I’ve lost my future, I’m stuck. How do i tell him? I can’t deal with this” She looked at Caitlin, “I think I might be pregnant”

Caitlin was a bit shocked, “I didn’t even know you had a boyfriend” she said. Jenna let out a little sigh and said “It would make it a bit easier” She walked to the window and looked outside. “It was an accident, a one-night-stand. We were just friends from school meeting up, he even has a girlfriend! We got along well and it just took off from there and we… we just did it…” she wiped her tears again, “I woke up the next morning, realising what I had done, I got dressed and ran home. I’ve gotten texts from him, asking to meet up but I can’t face him”

“Let’s go out for a drink,” Caitlin said, “then we can get a test” Jenna looked at Caitlin, shaking her head violently, saying “I can’t do it, I don’t wanna know” but Caitlin gave her a hug, “I’m here for you, Jenna, we may have only known each other a week, but you’re a good friend” Jenna gave her a hug back and said “You too”

They went to a shop and got a drink, “You need to keep calm, Jenna. You might not even be pregnant…” but Jenna shook her head for the fifteenth time, “No… I’ve been throwing up, I must be” and Caitlin looked down into her drink and swirled it with her straw. “When I’ve finished this, wanna go and get it?” Jenna put her head in her hands and said, “May as well” so they got up and walked out of the shop.

They walked to the pharmacy, grabbing a test, the cashier wasn’t even with it so there was no risk of it getting out. She took it to the bathroom in the coffee shop next door and Caitlin waited with her. It felt really long but they waited and waited. Suddenly they looked at the timer and saw it was ready by now. She closed her eyes and grabbed the test. She opened her eyes and looked down. A sigh of relief came out “Negative,” she said with a smile. “It’s bloody negative…”

She ran up to Caitlin and gave her a hug “Thank you so much for making me do this, I can get that guy out of my life for good now” she said, “He may have looked good, but if he had a personality, I couldn’t find it…” Caitlin heard someone going in and said “Wanna go to the park?” Jenna nodded.

In the hospital, Natalie was staring at her phone. Her mind kept wandering back to the pregnancy. She hated the feeling of keeping it from everyone. She tried to get back to her computer and write her article. She tried but she just couldn’t concentrate. She looked at her phone again. She reached her hand out to grab it, but moved it away, then she grabbed the phone and dialed James.

“Hey, what’s up?” James said
“Oh nothing much, just wondered if you were busy at all this evening? I’d like to see you”
“Me? Nothing planned… Your place?”
Natalie let out her breath and said “Yeah… meet you later”
“You alright, Nat? You seem a little on edge”
“Yeah, I’m fine, I just have a small cold”
“Damn, see you later, babe”
“Bye, James. I love you”
“Love you”

She leaned back in her chair. She was shaking from fear of his reaction. She put her head on the table and just waited for the day to be over, she only had an hour left of work after all.

Click Next: Chapter 11 (Part 2) to continue...

Back to: Chapter 10 - The Letter Next: Chapter 11 (Part 2)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.