Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blood Brothers! Chapter 20
Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 19 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 21

Blood Brothers! Chapter 20

At the village the day has arrived that Hala Fisher has been looking forward to most all her life. She was going to marry the man she had been promised to since they were childern. Hala looks beautiful, dressed in a white dress trimmed with gold and blue beads. Shardul Whitefeather watched, as she joined him under the wedding canapy.

Shardul held a plain gold band and said, "This ring, symbolizes that you will be my wife from this day forward. As this ring has no end, neither will my love for you". Then he placed the ring on her finger.

Hala held an identical ring in her hand and said, "This ring, symbolizes my desire to be your wife and belong to you from this day forward. As this ring has no end, neither will my love for you". She placed the ring on Shardul's finger.

"I will love and protect you, as long as we both shall live", he said

Then he gave his wife a romantic kiss.

Shardul led the way and Hala followed.

They joined their friends and families to receive their best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

Sanir was with her intended Nachik Fisher (the bride's brother), but was intent on watching . . .

Chandar giving his intended Pale Moon a romantic hug.

Hala walked with Shardul to his hut, she will be sharing with him as his wife.

After they both had changed into their night clothes, Hala called Shardul to come. He picked her up and carried her over to the bed.

They madeout

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look?", he said. "Yes, but you can tell me again", she said, "I love hearing you say it".

"Can we do woo hoo now? I've been waiting a very long time", he said.

When Hala said YES, the years of waiting for both were over.

"Shardul, are you asleep already?", asked Hala.

"I'm sorry, but it's been a long day", he woke up long enough to answer "I'm the luckiest girl in the village, to have such a beautiful and loving husband", she thought to herself.

The next morning, when Hala was preparing breakfast, she felt sick to her stomach

She wondered if she could be with child already Then she smiled to herself. She'd wait to tell Shardul when they were alone tonight. Then she quickly finished fixing breakfast. She served the toasted cheese to the men, then hurridly run out the door.

Quanah saw Hala run out the door. Then he looked over at Shardul. "How did things go last night?", he asked.

"It went fine, just what I expected", said Shardul.

Things weren't going the way Chandar expected. Samir was promised to Nachik, but she acted like she was promised to him instead. If she didn't stop making it so obvious how she felt about him, they were both going to be in trouble. "I'll have to talk to her today", he thought to himself.

He turned around when he heard a female voice say his name. "Patience, what are you doing here?", he asked. "I couldn't find a way to sneak out yesterday to come to the wedding", she said, "Father went into town a few minutes ago, so I came here".

"I wanted so much to see you", she said.
"I'm happy to see you, too", he said, "I just didn't expect to see you HERE".

"It's really lovely down here by the river, isn't it?", said Patience.
"I reckon it is, I never thought much about it", he said.

Once they were behind the barn, Chandar gave her a romantic hug.

"I wish I didn't have to leave, but my father will be home soon", she said.
"I'll try to come by to see you in a few days", he said.
"Chandar, as soon as we're adults, we shouldn't have to sneak around to see each other", said Patience.

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 21 to continue...

Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 19 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 21

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.