Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Chapter 18 - Losing hope, Losing sanity
Back to: Chapter 17 - Realisation Next: Chapter 19 - Freak Out, Let it go
Julie woke up in a chair, tied to it and aching. She looked up to see Brian staring at her. She let out a sigh, losing hope as he walked closer and closer to her. He walked behind her with the CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK of his shoes hitting the floor. She felt sick. The more time that passed, the more she felt that she wanted to leave. She could feel the warm breath hitting the back of her neck and she was shaking.

“Where is she?” he snapped at her, snapping like a crocodile on its prey. “If you mean Caitlin, kill me now because you’re getting nothing” He cracked his knuckles as he walked back around, and slapped her. She cried and he hit her again. “Shut up!” he yelled at her. She felt terrified as he walked around her. “I don’t want to get caught” he said. She looked up at him, angry. “I can see why, they’d crucify you” but he walked around. “I can go,” he said to her, “I can go but never come back” and he stopped. “Why don’t you?” she said. “Because I want to make one of you pay,” he said, smugly. She then took a deep breath and said “Do what you want to me, but do not touch Caitlin or Natalie”

“Anything?” he smiled. “Just leave them alone and go” and he walked over to her.

“Then I’ll make you pay” and she gulped.

Natalie sat in the hospital with Caitlin, another hour had passed, she was worrying with every second that passed, as did Caitlin. Caitlin said to her “mum, calm down” but Natalie wouldn’t have it, she paced more and more. “I think something bad’s happened. I don’t want to leave you, though.” Caitlin held her hand and said, “You go, but take James with you, I’ll be fine here” and within minutes she was out of the hospital.

She got home, but alone. She stepped out of the car and noticed Julie’s car parked up, but the door was wide open still. She went up and stepped inside the house to have a look around, nothing was moved and there was no sign of life anywhere. That’s what she thought until she saw drips of liquid - red liquid. She slowly and quietly followed the trail, her heart in her mouth and opened her bedroom door. There was nothing, except a puddle of blood at the end of the trail. She then put her hand to her chest and quietly muttered “Julie”

“What?” Julie tried to yell at Brian. Her words came out but in croaking gasps. He smiled the most evilest smile she had ever seen. “You’re going to do exactly as I say,” he said as he messed with her bra strap. The shaking was getting worse. She didn’t want to do this. “I won’t,” she said. He laughed at her, “Don’t really have any choice, do you?” he scratched his chin, “I mean, I could go find Caitlin and Natalie if you’d prefer. It’s all over the news, it’s bound to be somewhere” he laughed more and more.

Natalie sat as the police looked around for clues and anything that could find his whereabouts. She sat, terrified. She kept saying things like “If I wasn’t such a stupid teenager"

She got up and her whole body became light and dizzy. She lost her balance for a few seconds then her head hurt and she felt pains shooting through her stomach, she tried to say something or yell for help but the words wouldn’t come out. Before she knew it she collapsed to the floor.

Julie lay on the floor. He just sat there with a smug smile as he guarded her for every second. She couldn’t move, her body didn’t want her to move. She wanted to forget everything that had happened in the last five minutes, but her mind couldn’t get rid of the image.

As she lay there, she heard the sound of a branch being broken. Brian didn’t notice and sat quietly. She was hoping, praying that someone would find her, she just wanted to curl up and die right now, or at least get away. She let out a cry and he got up and yelled at her “For f***’s sake. Can’t you keep it shut, you have no control over your emotions and that’s why you needed to be taught a lesson, but it hasn’t taught you much you pathetic bi-” and with a thump, he collapsed to the floor, just avoiding her. A stranger in a hoodie stood there with a bat in his hands and whispered “Go, leave, I have this under control” She had never left anywhere so fast.

Click Next: Chapter 19 - Freak Out, Let it go to continue...

Back to: Chapter 17 - Realisation Next: Chapter 19 - Freak Out, Let it go

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.