Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Chapter 21 - The Days That Passed
Back to: Chapter 20 (Part 2) Next: Chapter 22 - But how?
1 Week Later...

Dear Diary: 29-9-2016

Mum has bought me you so I could write down my feelings, it even has a little lock so no one can look, pretty sweet. I honestly don’t know how I feel, I’m being let home today but today is dad’s court case. They did it pretty fast because they want him sent down as soon as possible. I HONESTLY don’t know how I’m going to do this. I’m lucky that I’ve only come out with broken bones from that accident. I have that woman to thank for that, I found out that she was Jenna’s step-mother. Quite the coincidence but you know, that’s life.

“Come on, then” the doctor said as she burst open the door and put Caitlin’s crutches by the bed. Caitlin slowly but surely got out the room and the doctor took her bag out and passed it to Natalie, who was waiting in the waiting room outside. They walked down and took her back to the house. As they arrived, Caitlin went to bed to have a sleep, it was a tiring day.

She woke up and looked outside to see the sunset. She looked at her clock and it was 18:30. She got up and went into a silent living room with Julie sitting on the sofa, staring into the TV. “Julie?” Caitlin asked, worried. Julie looked to the side of her and said “Oh, hey, Cait. Sorry, I was asleep, wasn’t here for your arrival,” and she felt guilty. “No problem, you alright? Where’s mum?”

“Your mum’s gone to the… trial…” Julie said quietly, Caitlin’s eye’s widened, “The trial? Why?” Julie shrugged, “I don’t know, she’s gone through so much because of him, why would she want to see him again?” Caitlin sat down beside Julie, “To show she’s not afraid?” she said, “To show that no matter what he does he will never have us under his control?” Julie looked down to the floor, “He had me under his control, he is a nasty piece of work, why can’t they just sentence him to death or something?” and Caitlin hugged her.

Natalie and James walked in the house a few minutes later, they were pretty quiet and they saw Caitlin and Julie on the sofa, “Oh, hey” she said, “We just went out to get a few bits” and Julie responded “I saw the news” which was replied with another “Oh”

“How was it, then?” Caitlin said, “I’m guessing he wasn’t remorseful?” Natalie sighed and said “Nope” Caitlin walked back to her room, she said “I’m gonna go have a read or something, or maybe get ready for college, I mean, I should be in today but they’re giving me leeway due to what’s happened.” and with that, Caitlin went to her room and opened her computer.

James excused himself to the bedroom, he wanted them to have some alone time for a while. Caitlin sat, watching the sunset as time went on, she looked at the computer and saw that Jenna had messaged her, saying “I’ve done something really bad”

She looked and she saw the message was from five minutes ago, she asked her what was wrong and the conversation was rapid typing for a while.

Jenna: I’ve done something really bad
Caitlin: Are you alright? What’s wrong?
Jenna: I’ve fallen in love with him
Caitlin: That guy? I thought you hated him
Jenna: I wish I did, I tried, I really tried, when I said he had no personality, I was lying, he was just so perfect I wanted to kid myself, oh God he just keeps calling me…
Caitlin: Doesn’t he have a girlfriend?
Jenna: He DID have a girlfriend, he dumped her for me
Caitlin: Then what’s wrong?
Jenna: I can’t post it all here but that test was wrong
Caitlin: Wrong? Meet me here, I’ll try and find a place we can talk
Jenna: but can you actually walk?
Caitlin: Small distances, not like there isn’t a small sitting area around here

They met outside the house and found a seat at the back to sit at and talk. Jenna’s mascara was running through her tears down her face and she was sniffing every few seconds. Caitlin could feel her emotions radiating off her. Jenna gave her a hug and said “It’s been so long, I thought you were a gonner”

They sat down and Jenna suddenly blurted out everything at once.

“I went to the doctors, I was still getting tons of symptoms and thought it might be some illness that wasn’t getting better and she asked my symptoms then asked for a urine sample and I thought nothing of it because I took that test and it said it was negative so when she called me back in I was like ‘Oh God I don’t have a serious illness do I?’ and I went in and she told me I was pregnant. I told her about the test and she said they weren’t always accurate so she’d examine me and I thought maybe it was wrong and then she said I was… Cait… I’m nearly four months along”

Caitlin tried to take it all in, she wasn’t expecting this at all, God knows how Jenna felt. “You seem shocked at that?” and Jenna took a deep breath, “Because I only had sex with him about 7 weeks ago”

Oh wow! The 18 day wait is finally over... Anyway, it's back and yep, another turn. Thanks for reading guys, I may have had a break but I SHOULD be back now!

I do wonder if anyone still reads this but eh, It fills my time

Click Next: Chapter 22 - But how? to continue...

Back to: Chapter 20 (Part 2) Next: Chapter 22 - But how?

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.