Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Chapter 22 - But how?
Back to: Chapter 21 - The Days That Passed Next: Chapter 23 - How do you explain this?
“What…?” Caitlin said as her face fell even more shocked, “How?” she said. Jenna shrugged her shoulders and pulled her hair, “I’m f***ing terrified” She said. Caitlin gave her a hug and said “What are you going to do?”. “I don’t know,” Jenna whispered, “It’s not Jack’s… it can’t be, I thought I lost my virginity to him, I thought. I-I thought” and she burst out crying “I’m not ready to be a mum, especially when I don’t know who the father is and don’t even know where to start finding him and killing the swine”

“Don’t take this offensively, but could you have been drunk?” Caitlin whispered to her. Jenna shook her head saying, “Never touched a drop in my life, my dad always taught me not to drink until I’m eighteen so I just don’t get what the f*** is going on!” she looked at Caitlin, “I feel so… violated, I feel sick thinking that someone touched me and I didn’t even know it”

Caitlin asked yet another question, “Look back to about 4 months ago, did you have any occasions where something could’ve happened?” Jenna thought a moment and pulled out her phone. She scrolled through the calendar until she stopped and saw a slot that said “Prom” Her breathing became faster as she looked at the date, it fit perfectly and then she finally said “Prom”

“What happened at prom? Do you remember?” Caitlin said to her, Jenna shook her head again, “Nope, all I remember is getting a bit tired and then all I remember is that my dad came and picked me up to take me home” Caitlin looked at her and Jenna realised she was staring, “What…? What?” and Caitlin said, “Could anyone have.. Spiked your drink?”

She thought back to that night and she tried to remember but her vision was blurry and she couldn’t see or remember anything from that night, she never tried to, she just didn’t really want to go in the first place but her teachers begged her. She thought and thought but the only thing she could remember is that Jack’s girlfriend was getting all annoyed because he sat with someone else - her. She looked at the date again. Fitted. It fitted oh so well.

“Oh God, I mean someone could have spiked the drink, no one was really drinking it anyway, just me and Jack really” Her phone beeped and she looked, it was him again. She just stared at the message and all it said was “We really need to talk about what happened, Jenna”. She looked at Caitlin who said, “You need to speak to him, he may not be the father but if he drank the drink as well he might be the key to seeing if it was spiked or not”

She got her phone and swiped to unlock, she then rapidly tapped a message out to him to make them meet that night, it was only half seven after all.

”Okay, I admit. We do need to talk, not just about that time but about a lot of other things, prom as well because I think someone did something that night and I don’t know who and I don’t know how but it might have been that someone spiked the drink. I can’t really text it so meet me at the park in about half an hour, okay?”

Within seconds she got a reply of “Prom? Okay” and she said goodbye to Caitlin and walked over to the park.

Caitlin went back inside to have something to eat, she wasn’t really that hungry but she felt she needed something in her to stop shaking. She grabbed a few crisps and just sat down, slowly inserting one in her mouth, crunching and swallowing and repeating. She heard her mum call down, “You alright down there, Cait?” and she yelled back up, “Fine, mum” but she wasn’t.

Think about it, her life had changed so much and all she could think, this time, two months ago. She was scared to breathe in case her dad would beat her up, she thought her mother hated her, she thought she wasn’t good enough and thought if she left, he would go out of his way to get revenge, she only got one of three right, anyway.

She didn’t really know her mother, all she knew was this woman who had given birth to her but went through so much. Somehow this woman she knew for like a month, she loved so much and it was like they knew each other all her life.

At least she wishes she did…

I'm in a good mood, how about I upload chapter 23 in a few minutes? :3

Click Next: Chapter 23 - How do you explain this? to continue...

Back to: Chapter 21 - The Days That Passed Next: Chapter 23 - How do you explain this?

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.