Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Chapter 25 - The Ruling
Back to: Chapter 24 - I don't know Next: Chapter 26 - 4 Days Later
Jenna and Lauren sat in the room, silent as they waited for the nurse to come back. Suddenly Lauren said “I know you think I’m angry, I’m just shocked” They were still silent after that but Lauren didn’t tell her the truth, she was upset. She felt horrible that Jenna could get pregnant without even wanting it, but she - who tried for years can’t even have a single chance. She felt it wasn’t fair, she’d give anything to be pregnant instead of her, Jenna had her life ahead of her.

The nurse walked in and said “Hey guys,” and she sat down, “Let’s put your mind at ease, right?” and she put the scanner over her stomach. She looked over and over and instead of a calm face, it started getting more concerned and Jenna asked “Is it alright?” and the nurse said “I just need to get a doctor”

“Laura, what’s going on?” Jenna said in a panic. “I’m sure it’s fine, it might be a little small or something that’s all” and then the doctor walked in and scanned her too, “Hey, I’m doctor Kingston, just here to check something” and she scanned her stomach and did the same motion as the nurse and stopped. She then said “Yes, you’re right, nurse, I’m afraid” and then she put the machine back.

“What’s going on? Is the baby alright?” Jenna asked and the doctor sighed, “I’m afraid… you’re not pregnant, you never were. You have a tumour in your uterus and it’s pretty big” and they gasped and Jenna had tears come to her eyes. “I’m not having a baby? I’m… ill? but the doctor said the pregnancy test was positive?” and the doctor shut down the machine, “I’m afraid that the tumour was producing the hormone given off by the placenta in pregnancy, hence it being positive. We’re going to need to remove the tumour and test it for cancer, depending on the type then you might need chemotherapy”

“I might have cancer…?” she uttered. “Yes, I’m afraid so” and then everything made sense at once. She let out a cry and Lauren comforted her.

Caitlin walked home without any idea what was happening, but when she got home she saw her mother and James getting ready to go out. “Mum?” she asked, “What’s going on?” Natalie held her neck and said “It’s your dad’s ruling in half an hour” and Caitlin sat down “I completely forgot with everything that’s happened with Jenna” she said. “What’s wrong with Jenna?” Natalie inquired. “Oh, not important,” Caitlin suddenly changed the subject, “Er let’s go”

Natalie’s eyes followed her and she said “You alright to come, Caitlin?” but Caitlin quickly nodded and said “Let’s go” but Natalie was worried about her.

As they arrived they walked into the room and Brian looked up at them, gave a smug smile, stared at Caitlin and whispered “Hello sweetheart”. She shivered as he said that, she hated him so much. No one could guess the years of pain he gave her. She wasn’t allowed friends because of him.

“The jury has decided their verdict” the judge said, as the jury walked into the room and sat down, one stayed stood up and looked over to Brian then back at the judge.

“For the crime of domestic abuse, do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty?”

Time felt like it had stopped to Caitlin, she looked around as the jury looked at the one person. Brian stood there giving a dirty look to them all. Natalie had her hand to her chest and James leant forward. She felt scared, she didn’t want to hear it but at the same time she was dying to hear it.

“...guilty”

And she collapsed into Natalie’s arms who was ecstatic as well as James, and most of the people in the room. Brian yelled “This can’t be right! I’ve done nothing wrong, it’s all them” and the judge banged his gavel “Silence!” Every crime read out had “guilty” after it. Caitlin was so pleased and she was crying her eyes out in relief. The Judge went back to decide the sentence.

“It’s all over, Cait” Natalie said, “It’s all over”
The judge came back and read out his sentence.

“I sentence you to life with twenty-three years minimum” he said and Brian yelled as he was dragged away from the court down to prison.

He was finally going to be locked up for life.

Caitlin opened up her phone and saw a missed call and walked out to answer it. “Jenna, what’s wrong?” she asked. “Caitlin, I’m not pregnant, I have cancer” and she froze.

Since I didn't upload yesterday, we're getting another 2 for the price of 1 day!

Click Next: Chapter 26 - 4 Days Later to continue...

Back to: Chapter 24 - I don't know Next: Chapter 26 - 4 Days Later

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.