Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Chapter 21--Delusions
Back to: Chapter 20--Help Me Next: Chapter 22--Doing the Right Thing
"No, Betsy, no one is trying to take Trevor." I tried to be gentle with her. She did seem drugged but with my limited knowledge of rehabilitation centers--mainly from tv--I assumed they had given her something to keep her relaxed. Her reply was slow as if it pulling the words from her mind caused her distress.

She struggled and stood up. I did the same and faced her.

"How can you side with them? I thought you were my friend."

"I am--who do you think is taking care of Trevor while you tried to kill yourself?" I exclaimed. "You came home on something the other night, Betsy. You screamed and ranted and acted like we were all against you."

"I didn't! I don't remember." She sighed. "Richard is drugging me. He and Arthur are evil-- you know that!"

"You must have taken something! Were you partying with John Hazen? Betsy it's not fair to do this to Trevor or Doctor Samuel or me. All I wanted was a simple summer before I went to college but instead I wound up inside your soap opera."

"John is waiting for me," she announced, not hearing what I just said. She slipped me a piece of paper. "Here's his number. Tell him where I am so he can come get me out of here."

"Betsy--"

"I hear someone coming down the hall. Here comes Richard, please Laura....please! You're my only hope."

Click Next: Chapter 22--Doing the Right Thing to continue...

Back to: Chapter 20--Help Me Next: Chapter 22--Doing the Right Thing

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.