Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blood Brothers! Chapter 31
Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 30 Next: Blood Brothers!

Blood Brothers! Chapter 31

Over at The Indian Village, the friends and family of Balik Sweeney and Gentle Fawn (one of the Cheyenne orphans) are gathered for their wedding.

"Together we will share the responsibilities of the lodge, food and childern. May the Creator bless our union and may we live long", said Balik.
"My commitment to you is to share the responsibility of our lodge, food and childern. I promise to discharge all my share of the responsibilities of the family and the childern", Gentle Fawn said.

"My wife, our love and friendship have become inseparable and firm. We have experienced spiritual union in the Creator. I offer my total self to you and you alone. May our marriage last forever".

"Whatever promises I gave you, I have spoken with a pure heart. I give my total self to you alone. May our marriage last forever".

"Gentle Fawn, by the law of the Creator and the spirits of my honorable ancestors, I have become your husband. I shall never deceive you, nor will I let you down. I promise to love you forever", he said.
"Balik, by the laws of the Creator and the spirits of my honorable ancestors, I have become your wife. I shall never deceive you, nor will I let you down. I promise to love you forever", said Gentle Fawn.

Then Balik gave his bride a romantic kiss.

"When everyone started leaving The Gathering Place, Gentle Fawn said, "Where are they all going?"

They all went. to watch Hala who was about to have her baby.

Hala delivered delivered her and Shardul's second baby boy They named their son Ranjan. (Ranjan means pleasing to the eye).

"I am pleased to have another son", said Shardul, "But maybe you'll get your daughter next time".

"Congratulations my sister", said Nachik, "He's a beautiful son".

"Thank you my brother. I hope YOUR next baby will also be a son", she said.

"Samir, your belly looks as if you might have twins again", said Hita.

"No, I'm going to have a nice big healthy son", said Samir.

Everybody started walking back to The Gathering Place to finish the wedding celebration.

The next morning, Chandar told Pale Moon he was leaving and would return in two days.
"I thought we could spend some time together", she said.

"Your sister and Balik are the newlyweds, not us", answered Chandar.

Then walked away from his responsibilities in The Village. At least for awhile.

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Blood Brothers! to continue...

Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 30 Next: Blood Brothers!

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.