Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blood Brothers! Chapter 36
Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 35 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 37

Blood Brothers! Chapter 36

When Chandar left The Village he went to visit Patience Ellis. They have been lovers for the past fourteen years. They have two sons together who live with Patience.

On this particular visit, Chandar's father Quannah had followed him to find out exactly where it was that his son had been going. The pretty blonde white woman in Chandar's arms wasn't what Quannah had expected. He had surprised them when he said "Chandar I want to speak to you alone."

"You have a wife in the village. Why are you here with he?", he asked.
"Yes I have a wife. One who you and the Council forced on me. I love Patience and I want to be here with her and my sons sometimes", he said.

"You have childern with a white woman! Your sons are half-breeds!", howled Quannah.

"They're my sons and your grandsons! Don't call them THAT!", howled Chandar.

"We must obey the Council's laws. It's the Comanche way. You must choose. Either stay here with that white woman or return to your wife and son in the village. If you choose to remain here, you are no longer my son. If you return to the village, we won't speak of this again", he said.
"Can I at least have time to think about it Father?", he asked.
"I'll give you two days to make your decision. You can't be both a Comanche and a white man. You must decide to which world you belong", he said.
Then Quannah left to return to the village.

"Did your father leave already? I was hoping maybe the boys would be able to meet him", said Patience. "He had to go back to the village", said Chandar, "I'm sure he would have liked to meet his grandsons."

That night at supper Tanner asked "Do any of you know what tomorrow is?"

"I think I vaguely remember a little baby boy being born years ago on that date", answered Boone.

"That little baby was ME Boone", said Tanner.

"So that means tomorrow is your birthday", said Chandar.

Later . . . after Boone and the childern were asleep, Patience and Chandar were able to spend some quality time together relaxing on her bed.

He gave her a romantic kiss.

"Do you want me?", he asked. "Of course I want you. I've always wanted you", she answered

Afterwards as they lay in bed, Patience asked "Why did your father come here today?"

"You ask too many questions. You wouldn't be a good Comanche wife. Now we need to sleep", he said.

Patience was soon sound asleep. Chandar lay awake until the early hours of the morning thinking about the decision he must make.

The next day Tanner came to his birthday cake. He blew out the candles and . . .

Grow up into a goodlooking teenager who looked a lot like his father.

"I'd like to spend some time with you before I have to leave", said Chandar.
"Sure, I'll be down by the river when you're ready", said Tanner.

"Come join me", said Tanner when he saw Chandar approuching.

"Son you know Boone is getting old and ain't going be around forever. I ain't going to be either", he said, "I need for you to promise me that you'll look after your mama and little brother after me and Boone are gone."
"I'll do my best Daddy', he said.
"Don't ever forget, I love you", said Chandar.

Chandar sit on the fisherman's pier and thought about how to tell Patience of his decision. She had been a big part of his life since he was Tanner's age. He hated to make her unhappy now.

Patience came out of the house and sit down beside Chandar. "What are you thinking so hard about?", she asked.

He got up and stood next to her.
"When my father was here yesterday he told me I must decide whether to stay here with you or return to Pale Moon. He said I can't live in both worlds."

"He wants you to just forget about me and our sons as if we never existed?", she asked.
"If I don't go back today, I can't ever go back. He'll disown me and I'll no longer be considered a Comanche!", he said.
"So that's your decision? You return to your village and forget about me and your sons?", she said.

"I can't give up everything I've known all my life. Being a good Comanche brave has to come first', howled Chandar

"If that's how you feel, then GO! Go home to your wife! I don't need you!", she screamed.

Then Chandar walked away from Patience. She had given him unconditional love and devotion for the past fourteen years. She had given up everything to be with him, but he was unwilling to do the same for her.

Chandar returned to his people in the Indian village where he had lived all his life. Where Pale Moon his good Comanche wife welcomed him home with no questions asked. She loved him and accepted him on his terms. She was the one chosen for him by his father and the Council. She was the one he must love to be a good Comanche.

Chayton welcomed him home with a hug.

He would never forget his other sons, but this son was the future of the village. Chayton would need his example to grow up and be a good Comanche brave.

"Welcome home my son. I'm proud of you", said Quannah.

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 37 to continue...

Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 35 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 37

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.