Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blood Brothers! Chapter 37
Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 36

Over at the Indian village, Chandar was welcomed home by his father Quannah. "I'm proud of you my son", he said.

Chandar and Quannah entered the Gathering Place together and Marala welcomed her youngest son home.

"Well, Chandar is back. I wonder how long he'll stay this time", Hala told Shardul.
"I don't know about my brother, but I would never have left in the first place", said Shardul. .
"We'll lucky that we loved each other when we got married", said Hala. "I can't imagine being with anyone but you", he said.

Mali Sweeney was playing chess with Marala Whitefeather.
Mali Sweeney was playing chess with Marala Whitefeather.
"Quannah gave him a good talking to this time. I don't think he'll be leaving again", said Marala

.Sohan and Hita were chatting about their expected baby. The herbs that she'd been secretly putting in his food finally worked.

Chayton was tickling Samir's son Tokola.

Darika and Ranjan played together with the Noah's Ark. She liked him better than any of the other boys in the village.

Darika's twin sister was chatting with Chayton. She had overheard her parents discussing whether he, Shilah or Ranjan would make a good husband for her. If she were allowed to chose, she would pick him.

"I've missed you", said Pale Moon. "In that case, let's go to our hut", he said.

When they walked into their hut, Chandar picked Pale Moon up in his arms and carried her to their bed.

"Do you want me?", he asked. "Yes, always", she answered.

After they did woo hoo Pale Moon said "I love you Chandar",

"Yes, I know you do", he said.

Pale Moon turned over. She wondered why Chandar never told her he loved her.

Then he after he scooted up close behind her and put his arms around her, it didn't matter if he never said it, only that he showed it.

Balik Sweeney was rubbing his wife Gentle Fawn's pregnant belly. They're expecting their first child before too much longer.
"He's getting big", said Balik. "You better hope it's a girl", she said, "The village needs more girls."

"Is everything alright between you and Pale Moon?", Quannah. asked Chandar.
"She satisfies my needs but even you can't force me to love her", said Chandar.
"Just give it time. You'll learn to love her, just as I learned to love your mother", said Quannah.

All of a sudden Hita started into labor. As the pains suceeded . . .

She delivered her second child and Sohan's first. "It's a girl!", she said.
They named their daughter Kalya, which means praise.

Meanwhile over at Boone's Place, Patience was telling Boone what had happened with Chandar. "His father followed him here. He asked to speak to Chandar alone before he left. I asked Chandar why Quannah had come and he told me I wouldn't make a good Comanche wife because I asked too many questions", she said.
"In other words he didn't what to tell you", said Boone.
"Yes, I suppose so", she said.

"The next morning he was sitting out by the river. He looked so sad, I asked him what was wrong. He told me he had been forced to make a decision. His father told him he would disown him and he would no longer be considered a good Comanche brave if he didn't return to the village. Quannah told Chandar he could no longer live in both worlds", she said.
"So he chose to return to the village and not come back here ever again", said Boone.
"Yes, that was the decision he made. Boone, please don't let the boys know what happened. Today is Aiden's birthday and I don't want to ruin it with bad news", she said.
"You know you'll have to tell them one day soon", said Boone.
"Yes, I will but not today", she said.

After supper Patience brought Aiden to his birthday cake.
"It's time for you to grow up into a big boy", she said.
She helped him blow out the candles

She placed him on the floor. He did "the toddler dance".

Aiden grew up into a cute child.

He asked Tanner to play Red Hands and Tanner won.

Then he grabbed Aiden and gave him a "noogie".

"Goodnight sweetheart and happy birthday", said Patience.

"Mama, what's wrong?", asked Tanner.
"There's nothing wrong. What makes you think something's wrong?", she asked.
"Mama, you've been on the verge of tears ever since Daddy left", he said.

"He told me this morning that he and Boone weren't going to be here forever. He asked me to take care of you and Aiden. I promised I would do my best", said Tanner.
"Your father returned to his village. He won't be coming back", she said, "I'm sorry but it wasn't anything I could do to change his mind."

"Oh no!", she said.
To be continued . . .
Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 36

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.