Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
A Pleasant Story - Chapter Three - Daniel's New Digs
Back to: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Two - Taking Out the Trash Next: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Four - Operation New Mary-Sue!

A Pleasant Story

Chapter Three

Daniel's New Digs

After Mary-Sue divorced him, Daniel felt a strange compulsion. He HAD to leave his house! He would have liked to put on clothes and grab his wallet, but some strange force was pushing him to run away.

As he came to the edge of his lot, he felt a strange emptiness. His house disappeared, his neighborhood disappeared, and his body was lifted and twisted, and then . . . a void.

"What the hell is going on?" he wondered.

He was in a dark empty space, something like a bin. His body tingled, and he realized that he was back in his clothes.

"Where did these come from? I left the house in my underwear!"

Although his surroundings were strange, Daniel was oddly comfortable. He knew no one could bother him here, that he didn't have any pressures to perform, and that he might enjoy this blissful nothingness.

He sat down to think.

"This is nice, but I'd rather get back to my life. I need a new place to live--somewhere cheap until I can access my funds. I wonder if there's a good place like that in Pleasantview where I can go?"

He yelled hopefully.

"HELLOOOOOOOOOO!"

His voice bounced and echoed in the bin. No one was listening, he guessed.

With a start, Daniel felt himself grabbed by an invisible hand and he began flying through the air. He closed his eyes in panic.

Then he was still, and could sense the ground beneath his feet, and the light had become much brighter. He opened his eyes and steadied himself, and looked around.

"A trailer park? Okay, well I guess that will do for now. It'll be cheap, anyway."

Suddenly a woman walked up to him and said, “Here's the lease for your trailer. Sign here!”

Daniel had no recollection of choosing a unit, but the price seemed right so he took the clipboard from the woman and looked at it. The form was blurry and hard to read, but he managed to find the signature line and affixed his name.

Daniel then walked into the trailer that he somehow knew was his, and examined it. It was sparse and cheap and boring, but he could easily decorate it so it wouldn't be a too-unpleasant place to live while he made plans for his future. The large closet would also be useful.

He went outside to explore the community, and found a nice little playground.

"Wheeee!"

He observed some of the other inhabitants of the trailer park, including a little girl playing on the slide.

He spoke to her, and she surprised him with her expansive introduction.

"My name's Sharla! My family is Ottomas! I have a big brother and a little brother and a mommy who has babies in her tummy! I like to ride the twirly-whirly! Will you push me on it?"

Daniel agreed. Little girls often had mothers, or grandmothers, who could be worth his time.

He'd been right in this case. Daniel quickly turned his attention to Sharla's delightful grandmother, Dora. He started in with his usual line about being a skiing champion, but Dora was not interested.

She was so appealing however, that Daniel turned his charm on to the highest level and smooth-talked her with the gift of a rose.

This made her very receptive to his charms and they engaged in a mutual expression of admiration.

“Oooh baby,” Dora said, as she performed a little shimmy.

Dora couldn't monopolize his attention for long though--every time he turned around he spotted another lovely resident of the trailer park.

La Shawn Cameron initially rebuffed his attentions.

He then explained to her that he used to be a professional skiing star, and she warmed up to his flirting.

Calista Fuchs was his next target.

Calista was not impressed.

Daniel thought quickly.

"Oh!" he laughed, "Did I say 'skiing?' I meant tennis!"

For some reason, Calista found this much more appealing.

Daniel spotted yet another beautiful neighbor, the exotic and appealing Michelle Tse. He decided to try the tennis story on her.

Sh rejected this immediately.

Daniel thought, “Hmm, well I guess it depends. Even though women are all impressed by my sporting expertise, some like tennis, some like skiing. I guess not every line works on them all.”

The skiing story worked for him this time.

Daniel turned from Michelle and noticed ANOTHER beautiful woman, just walking past on the sidewalk. He greeted her, and learned her name was Marie Rauscher. She immediately responded to his lie.

Daniel couldn't believe his luck in renting a trailer in a place with so many beautiful residents and neighbors. Suddenly he stood straight. He'd just spotted a stunning creature.

“Well hellooo, you fine filly,” he began, “I'm your new neighbor, Daniel. I used to be a skiing star . . .”

She interrupted his story with her laughter.

“Back off, catcher!” she said. “I'm not a filly, and I've heard you spin this yarn to every woman here. I am just here to visit my friend Michelle, and I am definitely NOT interested in your flirtations, or even your friendship.”

Daniel stepped back just as the sun sank and watched the gorgeous creature head for Michelle's trailer. What could possibly be wrong with her that she didn't respond to him? And why did she call him “catcher?” He hadn't mentioned baseball!

Oh well, he thought, and looked around in satisfaction. He wasn't quite sure how he'd landed in this trailer park, but it seemed like not only was it going to be a good cheap place to live, but his romantic desires were going to have plenty of opportunities here!

He heard the slap of a screen door and saw a lovely blonde woman come out of the trailer across the way and call Sharla to come in for dinner. Daniel waved her over so he could introduce himself. He learned her name was Samantha Ottomas and that she was expecting new babies any minute now.

Armed with a collection of new romantic contacts, Daniel headed back to his trailer to work on his plans. A very nice old man stepped up to introduce himself but Daniel brushed him off. He wasn't interested in meeting anyone he couldn't smooth talk into his bedroom.

When he got home, Daniel spent a little time purchasing some items for his trailer, then admired his new decor. This was just his style, and made his place nice and comfortable for the work he wanted to do--both in and out of bed.

A knock sounded on his door, and he opened it to find Dora Ottomas.

"Hello, Daniel," she purred, "I thought I'd come by and formally welcome you to the neighborhood. Will you invite me in?"

Daniel smiled broadly as he replied, "Of course! Make yourself at home!"

She did.

Daniel was so pleased. He'd started the day in bed with a beautiful woman, and was about to end it in bed with an even MORE beautiful woman. Was there any man luckier than he?

He knew exactly what to say to seal the deal.

It turned out Dora LOVED skiing. Maybe she'd just been playing hard to get earlier.

After Dora had returned to her own trailer, Daniel got dressed and went to his computer to contact his business partners. The divorce had changed the timetable for his plans and he needed to make some new arrangements.

He jumped as his work was interrupted by a loud shriek from outside. He ran to the courtyard of the trailer park and found his new neighbor, Samantha Ottomas, about to give birth!

Despite her cries, the birth seemed fairly quick and painless as the baby floated down from the sky into Samantha's arms. Before he knew what was happening, Samantha thrust the baby at him to hold and gave birth to ANOTHER baby!

Samantha thanked Daniel.

"I really appreciate the help. What a welcome to the neighborhood, huh?"

Daniel laughed, uncomfortable with the small person in his arms, but not wanting to repel Samantha. Now that she wasn't pregnant, he might add her to his list.

Samantha continued, "My husband would have been here but he had a meeting at his club tonight. Oh, here's Gran. She can take the baby."

Samantha called out to Dora to come take the baby from Daniel.

The tiny person snuggled up to Daniel's neck and he felt an unfamiliar warm sensation in his heart.

As Dora approached, he was almost reluctant to hand the baby over to her. Then he shook himself and said goodbye to his newest neighbors.

Back home, he waited until the night was darkest and then snuck out behind his trailer to do some digging.

As he went inside to finally sleep after his long and busy day, he reflected that this new place to live was going to be just perfect.

Beautiful neighbors, a fun swing, and a great place to dig.

Click Next: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Four - Operation New Mary-Sue! to continue...

Back to: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Two - Taking Out the Trash Next: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Four - Operation New Mary-Sue!

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.