Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
A Pleasant Story - Chapter Twenty Six - Haste to the Wedding
Back to: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Twenty Five - Intrigue in College Next: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Twenty Seven - Island Ventures

A Pleasant Story

Chapter Twenty-Six

Haste to the Wedding

Once again, Dina was running down the street in a panic after hanging up the phone. Dustin was missing! She couldn't stand it and ran to Mortimer's house and banged on the door.

Mortimer was just relaxing on his bed while he thought about his lost wife Bella and his beautiful wife-to-be, Dina. He heard the banging on the door and went downstairs to answer.

Dina rushed in and began talking quickly without pausing, telling Mortimer all she knew about Dustin. Then she said, "Mortimer, I know we were planning a big wedding, but I don't want to wait. Can we just get married right now? I don't want to be apart from you anymore!"

Mortimer grabbed her and pulled her close.

Then he released her and took her hands in his. "Darling," he said, "I'll marry you right this second. But how about we wait just a tiny bit, when Alexander gets home from school? And I know you'd want your sister to be here. Just give me a few hours and I will set up a nice little wedding in the backyard, and you can wear your dress."

Dina nodded. "That's sounds good. And tell Cassandra she can invite someone if she wants."

"Be back here at sunset," Mortimer told her, "And you'll be the most beautiful bride in the world."

Mortimer told his butler to set up the wedding chairs and arch while he went up to finish his painting of Dina. He was almost done and it only took a few hours. He put the portrait of Dina over the bed and carefully put the painting of Bella into his attic studio. He blew a kiss to Bella and said, "I'll never forget you."

He put on his tuxedo and admired his beautiful fiancé.

When Dina and Nina arrived back at the appointed time, the butler let them in the house and told them the guests and Mortimer were awaiting them outside. Nina told her sister, “I’ll go join the guests and then you come out in a few minutes. You’re the most beautiful bride ever!”

Dina exited the house and found Mortimer handsome in his tuxedo and a small group of guests assembled in the backyard. She looked out at them happily.

She walked over and joined Mortimer under the wedding arch. She noticed that Cassandra had invited Mary-Sue.

"One thing I didn't ask you, dear," Mortimer asked, "Did you want me to take your name and be Mortimer Caliente? Or would you like to be Dina Goth?"

"Dina Goth, definitely," she said. "I like how it sounds. Plus, 'Mortimer Caliente' is a bit much to handle!"

Dina had never looked lovelier as they said their vows to one another and promised their love and fidelity.

The guests stood up and applauded as they completed their vows, though some seemed confused about what direction to stand.

Dina noticed a man sitting next to Alexander and whispered to Mortimer, "Who is that man?"

"That's Aaron Das, my butler. He set everything up, so I invited him to attend. He just wanted to watch the ceremony," Mortimer explained. "Is that okay?" he asked her.

"Of course!" She exclaimed, "I don't mind."

As they kissed to celebrate their union, Mortimer was so happy to be married and Dina was so happy to be married--and to a rich sim. She smiled at herself and thought, "Well I can't help it. Simoleons are nice, and he is rich." She looked Mortimer in the eyes.

"I'd marry you if you were the poorest Sim in Pleasantview," she said to him.

Mortimer smiled at her and said, "I know. But I'm glad I'm not!" ‘

They went to cut the cake and Dina opened her mouth wide to take a bite. Mortimer didn’t think he had been this happy since Bella had disappeared.

As the guests sat to enjoy the cake, Mary-Sue asked Cassandra if she was planning to move out now that her Dad and Dina were married.

"Maybe someday," she told him with a smile. "If I have a nice place to go. But there's plenty of room here and I don't think I want to move until Alexander goes to college.

Mortimer and Dina were having no trouble downing their cake. Nina smiled at them. It was nice to see her sister so happy.

Then Mortimer stood to propose a toast to his bride and the rest of the guests joined in.

They all tapped their glasses and Dina and Mortimer cooperated with a kiss.

Nina and Mary-Sue offered their congratulations and then departed.

Cassandra and Alexander welcomed Dina to the family and hugged them goodnight.

Mortimer took Dina in his arms and said, "I promise to spend the rest of my life trying to make you happy."

Dina kissed him and said, "You better! Now come upstairs with me, sexy husband!"

The happy couple snuggled on the bed and Dina thanked Mortimer for the beautiful painting, and the beautiful wedding.

"Anything for you, dear," Mortimer said. "But is there anything else you'd like? You didn't bring much with you from home."

Dina grinned and said, "Well, a sports car would be nice, but right now I just want YOU!"

The next day, Dina returned from a visit across the street to Carla and Kaylie's to check on the boys and find out if there was any news about Dustin. They hadn't heard anything.

As she approached the house, she stopped in surprise. There was a red sports car in the driveway. A driveway that hadn't been there yesterday.

"Mortimer!" she yelled at the house, and he came out and joined her. "What is this?"

Mortimer gestured at the car and said, "You said you wanted a sports car, so I had a driveway installed and bought it. Do you like the color?"

"Well yes, of course," Dina said. "But I was kidding! I didn't really want a sports car!"

"Oh, okay," he said. "If you don't like it I can sell it."

“Don’t you dare!” she laughed, as she jumped in his arms to thank him.

Dina laughed and jumped in to take it for a spin.

While Dina went driving, Mortimer walked into the cemetery at the back and looked at the graves.

"I'm sorry there's not one here for Bella," he said.

Suddenly, he had a strange feeling, and looked around nervously, across the large, empty expanse.

It felt like . . . someone was watching him.

Mortimer ran to the Shifting Paradymes house at La Fiesta Tech and confronted the young alien woman who'd been peering at him through a telescope.

"What do you think you are doing, young lady!" He shouted at her. "We don't spy on people here!"

The young woman bent forward and said, "Abject ministrations of regret to you, Indignant Humanoid with Ruby Sweater. Decrees of decorum are numerous and arbitrary."

She continued, "Usual targets of glimpsing are shrubberies of green. Unexpected human person vision led to misadventure."

Mortimer was still a bit irritated, but she seemed sincerely apologetic.

"Well okay then," he said. "I forgive you. Just don't go spying on people anymore, okay?"

"Comprehension has processed," she said. "Glimpsing of shrubbery is permissible. Consequential viewpoint of humans is not."

She continued, "My designation is Stella Terrano. How are you monogrammed?"

Mortimer smiled; her manner of speaking was cute! "I am Mortimer Goth, and I live in Pleasantview."

"I'm going to go home now, Stella. It was nice to meet you," he said, as he began to walk back home.

He paused at the corner as he realized Stella was following him.

"Yes?" he said, "Did you need something?"

"Consumption of biodegradable provisions is affable occupation for congregation of beings. Will you enter the dwelling?"

Mortimer figured out that she was asking him in for dinner.

"I have to go now," he said, "But maybe some other time. In fact, would you like to come to my house tomorrow for dinner? You can meet my wife and my family."

He thought to himself that Alexander would sure get a kick out of meeting her!

"Most diplomatic extension of hospitality is accepted," Stella said. "At what hour shall sojourner alight at your dwelling?"

Mortimer told her that 6:30 would be good, then said, "See you tomorrow!"

At the family dinner that evening, Mortimer told everyone about his new friend and that she'd be coming for dinner the next day. Everyone seemed intrigued, although it occurred to Alexander that it might be a little odd to have an alien to dinner after Bella had been abducted by them. Mortimer didn't seem concerned though.

Cassandra spoke nicely about the wedding, and Dina was exquisitely happy that her new family was accepting and kind to her, but she didn't eat much dinner as she was feeling a bit nauseated. She didn't want to say anything to Mortimer until she was sure, but she was hoping her ill feeling might mean she was expecting.

That evening, Dina was tired and went to bed early while Mortimer read the paper downstairs. But she was restless and got up soon after lying down.

She wandered up to the attic studio and began to paint.

The painting failed to interest her and she got bored and put the paints away. Then she remembered that there was a telescope on the roof, and thought she'd do a little stargazing. The night was clear and cloudless; a perfect night for it! She headed up the stairs to the roof and looked through the lens.

"So cool!" she said. "I can see galaxies!"

Suddenly she felt a blast of heat on her shoulders.

And then a blinding light in her eyes.

As she tried to see what was causing the light, she felt her body being pulled upwards. She tried to hang on to the telescope, but the pull was too strong.

"HELP!" She yelled. "OW! MORTIMER! HELP!" She lost her grip on the telescope and was pulled upwards into the sky.

The ghosts who’d been haunting the yard floated up to the roof to observe the strange phenomenon.

Mortimer heard her cries and came rushing up to the roof just in time to see Dina's legs disappearing into a glowing spacecraft, and then it was gone.

"NO!" He cried, and put his eye to the telescope. All he could see were stars.

Mortimer turned from the telescope and shook his head. "Not again. Not again. Oh Dina!"

He grabbed at a sudden pain in his chest and fell to the ground.

Cassandra was awakened by her father's cries, then heard a loud "thud." She went running up the stairs crying out, "Dad? Are you okay?"

When he didn't answer her, Cassandra ran closer and stopped in shock at the sight of her father's still form.

"Dad!" she cried out, "Are you okay? Please answer me!"

Mortimer groaned and began to stir, and Cassandra helped him to his feet. "Are you okay?" she asked, "What happened?"

"Dina," Mortimer croaked, through a lump in his throat. "She was taken."

"Taken? What do you mean Dina was taken?"

"The aliens got her," Mortimer said. "Just like your mother."

Click Next: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Twenty Seven - Island Ventures to continue...

Back to: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Twenty Five - Intrigue in College Next: A Pleasant Story - Chapter Twenty Seven - Island Ventures

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.