Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Consequences of Consequences II - The End!
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Hey, hey, hey, my friends and minions. =) This is the introduction to the Consequences of Consequences II. If you haven’t read it, the link to the original Consequences of Consequences is in my signature.
But I guess I need to warn you about stuff that might offend you. As always, there will be homosexuality, alongside some good old-fashioned violence, mild swearing, and teenage drama. There will be some also hinted sexual contact, but nothing you wouldn’t hear in a PG13-rated movie, if not PG.
Okay. Now that that icky stuff is out of the way, let’s begin! =D

The Consequences of Consequences II – Introduction

You might remember my story, the story that happened not very long ago, about mistakes and their consequences, and the consequences of those consequences. A chain of consequences never ends, just as life on Earth never ends, and there's still a lot of the story to tell. And everyone still matters, the same people, and more people, people you haven't met and people you think you've met. My mother, and Clarence's mother, and his father, and me. Christie, and Danni, as well, sisters and best friends and enemies. Always changing and moving as people will.

My mother was still bitter then. She hadn't changed much, but her face seemed younger once I had left. She dressed in brighter colors and more expensive clothing. She walked differently. She tossed her hair like a teenage girl would. But she was still mean and selfish.
I returned home after I found peace and love with Clarence. No one knew but us. And we stood on the doorstep waiting for her to open the door, but she could see the changes in us, the way we stood just so close, seeing it in ways only a mother can, and she didn't let us in.
We didn't lose contact, however. We spoke through closed doors and telephone calls, until I moved away.
And she never forgave me. Never forgave any of us. And I didn't forgive her.

Clarence's parents had a falling-out, but instead of reacting as some couples might, they fixed the problem, and the divorce forms were thrown away. Clare's mother, Audrey, quit her job to pick up a home business, where she sold flowers and pies. Clare's father, Samuel, got promoted around the same time, and very suddenly they became wealthy. Not extremely wealthy, but suddenly richer than most of the citizens of Godview.
This was the first building block to this story.

Christie turned eight, dropped her obsession with Barbies and turned to romance novels. She got that dreamy look in her eye that most girls get after a certain point in their lives, but I never minded. She was still sweet little Christie, and being older didn't twist her memory. More often than not I was awoken at night when she crawled into my bed after a nightmare.

Danni, like my mother, never forgave me. She didn't know about Clarence and me, because no one knew except for my mother, but the pain of my rejection was still too much for her. She did her best to pretend like she didn't mind, but I saw her turning mean. I often prayed for her (I still don't go to church), because I knew she wasn't a mean person. Not really. But there was more to it than I ever could have imagined – so much more.

And then there was Clarence and me.
The story about us is short and simple enough. The night Danni ran away was the night our relationship began. He left when Christie came into the front yard calling for him, and I went with him. Christie didn't suspect, as children don't suspect, and I fell asleep in his lap at midnight with the television still going, Christie laying sprawled over my own lap. Danni didn't come home the next day, but the day after that she came and only frowned at me.
After that I went to my mother's home, and she denied me her acceptance, and that was all.
Now, the story does not begin, but continues.

-- End of Introduction

Do I have a green flag or a red one?

Thanks for reading.

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.