Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
My Star
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
My Star

Intro
Life was great. It was just me and my Mom, I could ride whenever I wanted and she would cheer me on. She sold and bred the most beautiful Buckskins and Duns. They were Her favorite. But my favorite was my pony, Star.

I rode her all over. My mom would ride with me sometimes. Star was a all white pony and was mine I had her since she was born here one summer when I was 5. My mom showed me how to ride and teach my new pony to ride. Now we are best of friends. I hated having to leave her at home while I had to go to school.

I am sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I am Kaycee Kennerly, I am 10. my mom, Loraine Kennerly and I live alone. I never met my daddy, My mom said he got hurt by a really mean horse and passed away. That was when my mom was pregnant with me and couldn't do her barrel racing anymore. But Shes teaching me now! She wins ribbons at her shows and I got to hang them on my wall.

Did I mention I live in a place called Equine Valley? Its out in rural woods, everyone knows everybody. known for our barrel racing. It only has a main horse rescue station and little farms, and of course the riding academy. That is were my best friend Jennifer and I met. We both did a lesson on riding together and I told her about Star, and She told me about Charlie, her dark brown/bay pony.

I Love to Barrel Race. But the Academy doesn't teach it so my mom teaches me. One day I want to start my own barrel racing Academy. I haven't got brave enough to go in a gallop around the barrel but my mom does it in a trot to teach me how to turn right. We do it bareback because my mom always says that using a saddle doesn't teach you how to really ride your horse. If you feel your horses back it can understand you better. so I always ride bareback. I always listen to my mom and want to be just like her one day.

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.