Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Last Flight of Euro-Air flight 940: Crash and Investigation
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Next: Part 2:The Crash
So...here is my first attempt at horror/thriller stories so I hope you all like this short story! Inspirations include Final Destination,CSI,The Ring, and a Seconds From Disaster episode about TWA Flight 800.

Part 1:Beginning

On the evening May 18th, 2004, Sam looks at his airline ticket that's laying on the bureau in his room. It read....

"EURO AIRLINES FLIGHT#940 WEST PALM BEACH INT'L (PBI) TO BRUSSELS AIRPORT (BRU) DEPARTURE 10:05PM ARRIVAL 5:50AM"

Sam is taking two of his best friends, Anthony Kane and Carter Regan on a backpacking vaction around Belgium and parts of Scandinavian Europe for about 3 and a half weeks. Sam and his buddies are 18 years old, just graduated high school a few days ago and as an added bonus are now going on an extended holiday in another whole other continent.

They think they're on the highway to heaven, but they're really on the road to hell...

"Sam?" Sam's father Ned calls his name. "I just got off the phone with Anthony's dad, he said he's picking you and Carter up at 7:30 tommorrow so you can check your bags in, go through the security checks and catch your plane on time." "Ok Dad!"

"Hey...everything's gonna be alright son, I promise.." The reason why Sam is somewhat scared to go on this trip is because a few years back, a plane that him and his family were on had engine trouble and needed to make an emergency landing. Doubtlessly, that shook him up quite a bit.

The next morning, the morning of his trip he got up rather late. He looks at the clock radio which reads "9:40AM" he looks at his ticket "EURO AIRLINES FLIGHT#940" the time he got up matches his flight number.

He goes downstairs to the living room where he sees his dad watch a western movie. On the TV screen, he sees a man get violently stomped to death by an out of control horse. Somehow, the same weird feeling he got when he saw the 9:40 on the clock returned. But has no idea how a killer horse can be connected to going on a plane?

At around 8:00PM Sam,Carter and Anthony wave goodbye to Anthony's dad who was nice enough to drive the boys to the airport. They then walk to the main lobby of West Palm Beach International Airport, they hear an announcment over the loudspeaker "Attention all travellers. The airport does not endorse peddlers. You are by no means required to give your money to entrepeneurs."

Carter looks at the video screen marked Euro Airlines Arrivals and Departures which reads...
"FLIGHT 940 TO BRUSSLES, BELGIUM DEPARTS 10:05PM TERMINAL B GATE 5"

"That's good, we still have 2 hours to kill until our flight arrives."

After the 3 of them check their bags, they go through security, the line is short, but they see everyone waiting in line getting poked, prodded and patted down.
“Fuh-ck, Do we have to go through this shit every time we fly?” whined Anthony.

After getting scanned and patted down in security, the 3 of them walk down the terminal. “Motherfucker squeezed my balls! This is the absolute last time we’re flying, from now on its road trips.”

As the boys go to grab their boarding passes, Anthony looks at his visa and passport “Wow, I look soooooo fuckin’ high here.” Carter looks over and just laughs.

The ticket clerk gives Sam his boarding pass. "It's the same as your birthday!" "What?"
"Flight 940 takes off at 10:05 and your birthday is October 5th! Your special day is the same as your departure time! Just pointing it out! Have a very nice flight!" the clerk said in that overjoyed-about-my-job attitude that annoyed Sam.

Sam walks to the terminal window where he looks out at the massive Boeing 747-200 that him and his friends are about to board. "Damn...this plane is HUGE!!"

However Anthony has another thing on his mind as he checks out two beautiful college girls, clearly out of their league. “Sam...don’t tell Carter but I totally worked the ticket clerk so that your sitting next to the blonde, and I’m sitting next to the brunette....”

"What EVER" Sam scoffed. "Dude! get wisdom! The flight is 7 hours and most of it is in the dark." Sam keeps on walking through the terminal, ignoring Anthony. "If we don’t get something going on this fuckin’ flight. You better call Dr. Zhivago and put us out of our misery."

An announcement over the loudspeaker cuts into their coversation. "Ladies and Gentleman thank you so much for your patience. At this time, we would like to start pre-boarding for Euro-Air Flight 940 to Brussels,Belgium."

END OF PART 1. PART 2: THE CRASH IS COMING SOON

hope you like it so Far!!!

Click Next: Part 2:The Crash to continue...

Next: Part 2:The Crash

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.