Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place

SCREENSHOTS
2,306 Downloads 439 Thanks  Thanks 63 Favourited 54,511 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 30th Jul 2007 at 9:28 PM
Updated: 2nd Aug 2007 at 7:46 PM - updated pictures

This is one of my favorite locations from the Harry Potter world, but I couldn't find a Sim version of it that satisfied me... so I made my own. :D

Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place is a narrow Georgian rowhouse built in a section of London that has seen better days. The house is invisible to muggles, and the neighbors living nearby simply find it amusing that the addresses skip from 11 to 13.

Although this house has served generations of Black family members (many of whom were pure-blood fanatics, Slytherin students, or even Death Eaters), its newest owner, Sirius Black, converted the house into a headquarters for the elusive Order of the Phoenix.

Unfortunately, the house is in an even greater state of disrepair than the outside might suggest. Every nook and cranny is draped in a heavy film of cobwebs, the bathroom walls are smeared over with years of muck, and bits of wallpaper are starting to peel away in one of the bedrooms. The floorboards are faded and creaky, the attic is a terrifying mess of antiques and dark artifacts, and the rooms are decorated with all sorts of grotesque things. Gargoyles, suits of armor, musty curtains, and more await anyone brave enough to move in here.

Oh, and for your Sims' sakes, they'd better not be descended from muggles... or they might get an earful from the portrait of Walburga Black in the parlour. She doesn't take kindly to mudbloods and the like.

Lot Size: 2x3
Lot Price: 227,452

Custom Content Included:
- Corner Cobwebs by Targa
- Floor Cobwebs by Targa
- Georgian Entry Door by phoenix_phaerie
- Georgian Palladian Window by phoenix_phaerie
- 1 Tile Window with Surround by macarossi
- window Mediterranean 2 tile V2 by macarossi
- Cauldron, medieval stove, flour sacks, decorative broom, stack of books by Taroo
- by Taroo
- Table recolor, chair recolor, counter recolor, and mortar and pestle by Lethe_s
- Antique Table Phone and black recolor by HystericalParoxysm by HystericalParoxysm
- 3 Tile Poster by Qortex
- Knight On The Tiles by gromit
- 3 Tile Poster Recolor by sgoobysnacks29
- "La Gargouille" Ornamental Sculpture by gromit
-Manor Wall, Manor Wall with inlaid pattern, and matching Manor Carpet by komosims www.komosims.com  by komosims
- Roof Spire by JohnBrehaut1 of MTS2

Ok, so... you're going to have to download a few things outside of the site... I know, I know, I'm sorry.

Custom Content NOT Included-

The antique bedroom, antique living room, antique bathroom, and misc. antiques, all from 4eversimfantasy.

The Tapestry Mesh and Tapestry Mesh 2x1 from caravansims, available here.

(The tapestries are under Bric-a-brac >> Medieval >> Decorations, and they're the two tapestries on either side of the narrow tapestry in the middle.)

Special Thanks-

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Lethe_s, for giving me permission to include her medieval kitchen recolors, and to JohnBrehaut1 for making that awesome roof spire that I used on this lot.

My Policy Thingy-

Don't upload this lot anywhere else, but feel free to use it to your heart's content in movies and screen shots.