Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Diplomacy Teen/Elder Career - Default Replacement For The Adventurer Career

SCREENSHOTS
1,193 Downloads 34 Thanks  Thanks 2 Favourited 9,392 Views
Uploaded: 28th Jun 2018 at 4:40 PM
Updated: 19th Jul 2018 at 6:13 PM
The Adventurer career has always annoyed me - the levels don't make sense, and it seems like a weird combination of adventure and diplomacy. So here is a default replacement Adventurer career for teens and elders - the Diplomacy career! It's loosely based on the British Diplomatic Service, but I have tried to write it in a fairly generic way so that it could fit into any (modern-era) game and leaves plenty of scope for you to use your imagination! I have used the Business career icon as the icon for this career, as a briefcase seemed to fit the Diplomatic Service well :-)

The career levels are as follows, and each level also has a custom chance card, written by me:

Job Shadower $35, MTuWFSa, 3pm - 6pm, promotion requirements: 1 charisma skill point, 1 logic skill point, 1 family friend

You only get paid enough to cover your expenses, but this role is the ideal way to gain knowledge about what working in the Diplomatic Service is all about. You will mostly be observing the actual paid staff (and occasionally making tea) but the experience will stand you in good stead if you want to progress in this field.

Work Experience Student $55, TWTFSa, 3pm - 7pm, promotion requirements: 1 more charisma skill point, 1 creativity skill point, 1 more family friend

You're still only being paid expenses, but you have more work of your own to do now, rather than just shadowing others. Granted, most of that work involves making tea, running errands and doing filing for more senior staff, but at least you're gaining valuable experience.....

Administrative Officer $95, MTTF, 3pm - 7pm

You are finally actually responsible for part of the day-to-day management of the Diplomatic Service, though your main responsibility is ensuring that there are always sufficient office supplies available for more senior staff to use! If you want to continue to progress in this career as an adult you will need to work and study hard.

This career is a default replacement! Default replacements overwrite the things that they are designed to replace - in this case the Adventurer career track for teens and elders. As with all default replacements, there can only be one! You can only have one default replacement for each thing in your game at any one time, otherwise they won't work. As such, these conflict with any other default replacements for the teen/elder Adventurer career track. As the Adventurer career came with Seasons, this default replacement requires seasons. If a teen is in this career and ages to adult without going to university they will "keep" their job but as I haven't made the DR adult version of this career yet they will be placed into the adult Adventurer career track.

I hope that you enjoy this default replacement career! I see it as being especially useful for people who, like me, play a (semi-)realistic game. Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions, and I hope to have finished the adult version of this career soon. Once the default replacements are both finished and uploaded I will also make them into custom careers, for those of you who like the Adventurer career (why?! )

Additional Credits:
I would like to thank Superfly, whiterider and Emma Barrett for their awesome tutorials on career creation.

And, of course, many thanks to the makers of SimPE.

And I'm very pleased that I had the opportunity to submit something for the Travel & Adventure theme after all! :-)