Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Four Starter Homes from 1885 ~ 1-click/2-click Foundations and No-Slope Basements

SCREENSHOTS
1,551 Downloads 54 Thanks  Thanks 12 Favourited 3,658 Views
Uploaded: 22nd Jun 2020 at 6:14 PM
Updated: 19th Jul 2020 at 6:04 PM
I found a really cool resource!
The Internet Archive... through which I found Ogilvie's House Plans-or-How to Build a House. (Which, I figured, I should probably read - since that is what I like to do) . LOL!

So, from Ogilvie's Instructions, I bring you Four "Starter Homes" from 1885:
All 4 houses are built on 2X2 lots; and "Starter" priced under $20K.
They are all lightly furnished; except House #16 - it is UNfurnished.
They all have standard appliances, plumbing and lighting included - with telephones and smoke alarms (but, no burglar alarms.)
They all have one bathroom; bedrooms vary from two to four, and are indicated on the pictures below...
They all have planned driveways. Driveways are prepared, but NOT included.
They are all No-CC; except House #16 - the 1-click foundation. It must have HL's SimplePassageModularStairs (included.) There is no access to a 1-click foundation unless you have these stairs.

House #1 - Has no foundation and no basement. The other three all have foundations and basements.

House #7 - Because it is a No-CC/2-click foundation (built withOUT the SimplePassageStairs,) large dogs will not be able to enter the house. Small dogs, cats, toddlers, and sims are unaffected.

House #16 - Built with the SimplePassageStairs. It is the only unfurnished house.

House #19 - Because it is a No-CC/2-click foundation (built withOUT the SimplePassageStairs,) large dogs will not be able to enter the house. Small dogs, cats, toddlers, and sims are unaffected.

Please scroll through all the above pictures to see everything these houses have to offer. The pictures are in order from House #1 - #7 - #16 - #19.

All appliances, plumbing and lighting are included. Telephones are usually located in the kitchen. Stoves have smoke alarms. No parking is actually available.

Thank you Mootilda - for the GridAdjuster tool, which allows us to make 1-click/2-click Foundations and No-Slope Basements.

This is a clean copy of these houses/lots; no sim has ever lived here. The packages have been cleaned with Mootilda's Clean Installer.
I packaged each house separately so you can pick and choose the houses you want. Enjoy! .

Custom Content Included:
- Simple Passage Modular Stairs by HugeLunatic (HL) @ Sims2Artists - these do need a script file so follow the link and make sure you install them properly!

Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price (House #1): $19,675
Lot Price (House #7): $19,556
Lot Price (House #16): $19,811
Lot Price (House #19): $19,760

Possibly used but NOT included - so, you may need to GO get it:
--- I use the Lifestyle Build Bundle wallpapers/floors ALL the time. (If you followed that link, it's the second link in the top post - extracted from Lifestyle Stories by Argon @ MATY) This 'bundle' lives back in my Bins folder so it doesn't have the CC star. If you ever enter one of my builds and find it has blank/unpapered walls/floors, it is because I used ones from this bundle and forgot to mention it. So, either substitute the wall/floor of your choice, or go get this bundle and re-install the lot (from your lot bin.)

Oh! And I highly recommend getting one of HL's Open Underneath EAxis Stairs and swapping out the solid staircases - so your sims won't look silly walking through the 'solid' understairs mess

Standard mods I use that are not necessary nor included - but were probably used whilst building/photo-ing/prepping this house for upload...
I use Niol/Moi's Roof Shader for brighter roofs
And, HW/Honeywell's A Little Greyer: Roof Trim Defaults
Then, if it's a Bespoke Roof recolor - it will be THESE adjusted versions by The Llama Park/Tumblr that you see used in the pictures.
(However, what you get in the packaged file, will either be the plain EA roof or the straight, un-modified Bespoke roof from the set here on MTS2.)
Maranatah's White Wall Top texture replacement
Moo's Turn On/Off Lights
Menaceman's Lunatech Lighting Fix
BeosBoxBoy's no-red-pause-mod
Nopke's Go Under Spiral Stairs mod for proper spiral stair usage
And, of course, everyone needs Numenor's CEP and SEP!
I also use FRAPs to take in-game pictures, and PhotoShop to clean/collage said pictures.
And, I highly recommend using gummilutt's Invisible Medicine Cabinet to add features to any mirror - as per her policy, it's not used or included in this lot.

Additional Credits:
Thank you EAxis for this wonderful game
And, MTS2 for this terrific website!