Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Brooklyn Brownstones

SCREENSHOTS
1,567 Downloads 66 Thanks  Thanks 19 Favourited 8,230 Views
Uploaded: 6th Aug 2020 at 9:05 PM
Updated: 7th Aug 2020 at 1:09 PM
Hi, guys. It's me, 60smusicluvr, back with another Sims 3 build. I'm particularly excited to share with you this one because I've been dying to make this type of townhouse in the Sims since . . . forever. Trouble was that I never thought I could pull it off and up until recently I probably still wouldn't have attempted it if it weren't for a trick I learned from another simmer named Aricarai. She goes by Plumdot on Youtube. I learned from her that it's possible to MOO archways to windows and I just think that is genius. In my last build, The Birds And The Bees, I used that idea and this time I'm expanding on it. To create a more realistic look I would do that as well as MOO on shelving units to dress up the exterior windows and give it the depth it needs to look more realistic. The lot turned out way better than I ever expected it to. I love it, mostly, because it can suit so many different types of gameplay, whether you have mods that allow you to work with huge households, you want to create stories conveniently with neighbors, live comfortably on your own without having Sims pay a fortune OR wanting Sims to pay a fortune or just having the ability to customize the other four houses . . . This lot has all of that.

My Brooklyn Brownstones consists of eight houses. Yes, you've read that right. The top three levels are the first four houses and in the lowest level built ever so slightly into the ground we've got four more, much smaller, units. You'll notice upon downloading that one of the units on the bottom level is one square shorter than the rest of them. This is due to the game mechanics and CFE. Fortunately, I worked out a layout that would match the others, but would be different measurements, obviously. That one has been fully decorated so you don't have to deal with it. The lot was built with patch 1.67 on 357 4th Avenue, Bridgeport. This was originally the space for a highrise Apartment building, so if you would like to place it there, you'll have to sacrifice a building. The lot also sits nicely right across from each other if you also bulldoze the apartment complex across the street. You can see what that might look like in the last screenshot. Just so you are all fully aware, the images of the exterior are a mixture between the lighting in Bridgeport (where I built it) and Twinbrook on a custom made lot. I wanted to provide different pictures throughout the day, since the lighting can change pretty drastically between different worlds. Still, the building looks good wherever and is and it's also pretty easy to place. Since it's a 30X40 it will sit on a 40X40 so easy!

Fully Furnished Townhouse Information

Top Left
This home, I imagined, would be for extravagant type of Sims and their families. It's extremely pricey to live here just for the stone work alone. For this home I stuck with my favorite colors: a mix of silver/grey and green tones along with some beautiful woodwork. The home is sort of a mix between traditional and modern decor. It has three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a recreation room.

Top Left Second
This home, I imagined, would be for Sims that want to honor the past by keeping the original finishes of the building. It has beautiful and original paneling throughout the home and some built ins like the fireplace and woodwork around the mirrors. The decor of the home is more updated than the finishes. This home has three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a recreation room.

Bottom Left
This home is the smallest of all the houses, but is the perfect home for 'preppy' sims. It's got a mixture of blue and white colors and a dash of pink and the furniture has that kind of Ikea look to it. This home has one bed, one bathroom and a back patio.

Bottom Second
The last of the decorated homes is what I imagined for virtuoso Sims. It's decorated in what I would call 'Bohemian Rock.' It's a great place for Sims in the city to practice their band music. This home has one bedroom, one bathroom and a back patio.

I wouldn't recommend any more than 1-4 Sims living on the top level for each townhouse and any more than 1-2 Sims living on the bottom level per townhouse.

One of the things that I really wanted to make sure to do with this particular lot was to leave some of the homes open to customization, but also leave enough homes fully furnished to accommodate all types of players. This next part is for those that want to customize the other four townhouses that I left empty.

Finally, like always, I haven't used any third party CC for this build. I did, however, use some things from the official Sims 3 store. It is recommended that you own the items listed below or they will be replaced with items you do own, since they are not 'included' with the download.

On the exterior I used . . .

The Now And Then Century Manor
Colonial Mansion Window

Savvy Seller's Collection
Wall Shelf

Pedro Estate Arch II

Archibald Door

On the interior I used . . .

Pineapple Pottery
Double Frame Photo
Edwardian Expression Kitchen - Ornate Over Oven Fume
Dream Snare