Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

No More Creepy Play Date Calls

SCREENSHOTS
12,375 Downloads 433 Thanks  Thanks 146 Favourited 42,587 Views
February 06, 2020 - Scumbumbo has passed on but his work and memories are still being kept alive by many of those whose lives he has touched. To download fixes for his mods, please check https://scumbumbomods.com/ and please direct any questions or concerns to the discord channel linked there.
Uploaded: 17th Dec 2017 at 3:20 AM
Updated: 9th Jan 2019 at 7:35 AM - Updated for Dec 20, 2018 game patch
Updated 01-09-2019 --- Additional filters added to filter the "Baby Ariel" special NPC. Updating is probably not critical if you have a previous version of the mod.

Note: The maniacal woman on the left in the above screenshot is a paid actress and is intended as a purely fictional representation of the type of Sims that I do not allow in my neighborhoods.

Mod Description

Maybe it's just me, but I find the text messages that adult Sims can get from unknown children to come play with them to be just a bit disturbing. Sure, it is just a game, but does EAxis really think that all of the Sims I play are Senators?

I thought perhaps this was happening due to a bad save game from before they fixed the relationship code in the game as I didn't remember that happening in the past when I played; however, starting a brand new game demonstrated the same results. Child Sims would text the adult Sim I was playing asking him to come play with them, even though he'd never even met those children once. Creepy - what is wrong with Sim parents they give these children phones?

I would consider this mod to be more of a bug fix than anything. This eliminates the texts from unknown children:
  • Child and teen Sims in your household can receive texts requesting a play date, but only from children they have met and have at least a 15% positive relationship with.
  • Young-adult, adult and elder Sims can receive texts, but only from children they are related to who they have at least a 50% positive relationship with.

Installation Instructions and Compatibility

To install, unzip the package contained in the download file into your game's mod folder. It can be placed in a sub-folder if desired.

This mod was written and tested on Windows for The Sims 4 version 1.48.94 (December 20, 2018). It should be compatible with any stuff or game packs.

The package for this mod overrides two resources in the game. Any other mod which alters these resources will conflict with this mod:
  • 6E0DDA9F_00000000_000000000001CA11 (filter_IsFriend_NPC_Invite_PlayDate)
  • 2553F435_00000000_000000000001E651 (dramaNode_NPCInvite_PlayDate)

Two new resources are added to the game to add the ability for adult Sims to be texted in a non-creepy fashion:
  • 6E0DDA9F_00000000_91CFD9C7CF14B5CE (Scumbumbo_filter_IsFriend_NPC_Invite_Relation_PlayDate)
  • 2553F435_00000000_DDEC83AF4AFFED0D (Scumbumbo_dramaNode_NPCInvite_Relation_PlayDate)

Additional Credits
  • Kuree and all the others at Sims4Group who have put together the S4PE tool