Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Professional Centre - CC-Free

SCREENSHOTS
1,312 Downloads 95 Thanks  Thanks 22 Favourited 7,963 Views
Uploaded: 16th May 2019 at 10:26 PM
This is a community lot I built for my apocalypse hood.

Pasted from my starter community lots upload:
Phaenoh's version of the Apocalypse Challenge requires community lots, where sims have to 'apply' for their careers, and where the restrictions for that career are relaxed temporarily. The idea is that your neighbourhood will be gradually built up, from a wasteland to a functioning town, as the restrictions are lifted. The challenge also divides the careers into three tiers. All of the careers for Tier 1 have to be lifted before you can start on Tier 2. Lots are allowed to flout restrictions for the career/s they represent. As careers are lifted, lots should be built or upgraded to fit the more relaxed rules.

Phaenoh provided some beginning lots herself, and linked suitable ones made by others, in her information thread. There are many great lots there already.

However, most apocalypse lots rely very heavily on custom content to get 'the look'. I wanted to see what could be done with EA content. Many of them are also very large. I prefer smaller lots, so I can see what is happening and my computer is happier.

Now, this particular lot:
A new build, as part of the civic recovery program.
Now that the worst of the disaster has passed, this modern Professional Centre is designed to restore confidence in local businesses and kickstart the economy. Floor-to-ceiling glass gives masses of light to both floors, and muted colours offset the wood fittings to great effect. Welcome to the new world!

There is a cafe, news-stand, and public amenities on the ground floor. Upstairs, business cadets can practice their putting skills on the landing, while the multi-use office is connected to the courtroom by a private door.

For those playing Phaenoh's challenge, this lot covers the Journalism, Law and Business careers for Tier 2. This is the last lot for this stage of the challenge.

The lot has been shrunk, so the outer walls are closer to the edge of the lot than is usual. If you wish to alter the building, you will probably also need to use the LotAdjuster to do so. (Wall coverings are not affected, so repaint as much as you like.)

The Professional Centre is a 1x2 lot, CC-free. A copy of the lot has been tested by my sims. The lot is fully furnished, but with minimal decorations and non-electric lighting, as per the challenge rules for this stage.

The lot has been provided with one pool tile, to enable water-shading mods.

I use a number of defaults and neighbourhood decorations, which you may see in screenshots.

Lot Size: 1x2
Lot Price (furnished): n/a

Additional Credits:
Thanks to Pinstar, Phaenoh and the many others who have updated and redesigned the Apocalypse Challenge over the years.

Thanks to Sophie-David and others, for making career rewards and game accessories buyable. Useful for decorating lots!
Created with all EPs and SPs except the holiday packs.
Created using Numenor's AnyGameStarter (UC version).