Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Decorative Reference Books for Studying Sims

SCREENSHOTS
1,443 Downloads 93 Thanks  Thanks 22 Favourited 4,076 Views
Uploaded: 31st Dec 2019 at 12:27 PM
Updated: 9th Nov 2020 at 1:13 AM
You know what your pre-internet college Sims need? A dictionary! A thesaurus! An encyclopedia! And maybe some other things eventually! (A style guide? A Simlish-to-English dictionary? Who knows? ) This is a clone of bienchen83's standalone decorative book, which can be found with some recolors here (the original site is apparently defunct). It's still her mesh, but this is its own item with its own recolors; it's easier to find your school books if they're kept separate from your fun books.

(Note: if you want them all together like this, you will need OMSPs and the snapobjectstogrid cheat. Sim objects and surfaces don't like realism very much.)

The textures are real book covers, meticulously photoshopped so that all the text is in Simlish. I'm not a fan of having English text in my game; it breaks my immersion. The font I used is in the Additional Credits section. Links to the sources for the cover images:
Dictionary: here
Thesaurus: here
Encyclopedia: here

(The under-eye shadows on my college Sim are courtesy of PinkoCommie, and the pajamas are dustfinger's designs on HP's mesh.)

Despite the catalog description joking about the price of textbooks (am I right, Americans?), I've decided not to make this too ludicrously expensive; the book, recolors included, can be found under Decorative/Miscellaneous for §200. The object has 48 polys, is easily recolorable, and has a second texture file, a shadow, which I haven't altered from bienchen83's original. I'm not at that level of knowing my stuff yet. :P

Polygon Counts:

Additional Credits:
SilentLucidity's Full Range Shiftable OMSPs
Simlish Deja Vu Sans font by gazifu
SimPE Object Workshop
Paint Shop Pro 7