Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Animated - Flowers + Bumblebees

SCREENSHOTS
30,551 Downloads 787 Thanks  Thanks 124 Favourited 39,599 Views
Uploaded: 20th Mar 2020 at 4:30 PM
Updated: 16th Jan 2022 at 11:27 AM

For the actual effect in motion, more info and some example scenes, please click this Youtube Video Link:
Bakies The Sims 4 Custom Content: Animated - Flowers + Bumblebees

These files have been UPDATED on 16-01-2022 with the following things:
Catalog
- they can now also be found in the Pond VFX section in build mode.
- Object's titles have been updated with an invisible 'Bakie' Search-tag in the title.
These items can now also be found by typing Bumblebee, Insect or Insects into the search bar.
- Object's descriptions have been updated to new format.
- Object Thumbnails have been updated with (Animated) text adjustments.
- Object Thumbnails have been updated with a light green background color. This makes it more clear in the Pond VFX section that this object has to be placed on terrain. It can be used in multiple worlds.
- Prices have been changed for better placement in the Pond VFX section.

Other:
- Removed 'Can be struck by lightning' and 'Talk To objects (insane)' functions.
Please RE-DOWNLOAD and delete the old file!
==========

Animated - Flowers + Bumblebees
Spring is almost here, so I made a few more recolors of the wild flower and added the option to spawn bumblebees.
Besides the four default recolors, I've added an additional eight recolors. Five of them, 1 blue (Cornflowers), 2 white ( Daisies) and 2 red (Poppies) can be perfectly used to create beautiful looking poppy fields.
The three others are 2 yellow ones, which can be used as daffodils and a purple one for which I tried to make it look as a clump of violets. As violets are much smaller in real life, you can use the open bracket key '[' to make them smaller if you want to.

Normally Sims have to walk around flowers in game, but as I thought that making it able to let them walk straight through a field of flowers would look great too, I made a walk-through version too.
To make the process of making larger fields of flowers or flowerbeds as easy and fast as possible, I enabled repeat placement and made them placeable without having to worry about other objects in their way.
To create a poppy field like those on the images, you also need my Jungle Adventures Walk-Through Grass. The second recolor of it has a nice fresh green color which can be combined with these wild flowers.

Another thing a lot of people might find interesting too, is the possibility of spawning bumblebees.
The only thing you have to do to activate this visual effect, is clicking the flower object and clicking on the 'switch on' interaction. You can use the same method to switch the visual effect off.
To see the Bumblebees effect in motion and some more examples about how to make nice looking poppy fields, take a look at the video!

Object information:
This mod only requires the Base Game.
It's a Standalone object, so it won't override any other objects in game.
To easily find it, type "Bumblebees" into the search bar.
You can also find it by going to the Garden's Flowers OR Pond VFX section in build mode.
It can be recognized by my "BakieGaming" icon in the lower right corner of the thumbnail.
The cost are: 25 Simoleons (Just as the original wild flower)

Game Requirements:
Base Game compatible

Game Version:
Tested with gameversion: 1.82.99.1030

Custom Content visible on the Thumbnail made by me:
Walk Through Grasses - Basegame + Jungle Adventure
Unlocked - Wooden Fences

I hope you like this Animated Flowers + Bumblebees mod and if you do, please leave a comment!
If you want to use it in screenshots or videos, be sure to give me some credit!

>> Want to share my mods? <<
Besides giving me credit and linking back to this page, I would appreciate it if you could add my video instead of (only) the thumbnail.

Additional Credits:
Thanks to the Sims 4 Studio
Thanks Adobe for making Photoshop