Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Let them eat cake! - Non-Birthday Birthday Cakes

SCREENSHOTS
13,208 Downloads 275 Thanks  Thanks 64 Favourited 20,877 Views
Uploaded: 14th May 2020 at 6:36 PM
Updated: 14th Aug 2021 at 6:09 PM
[Update 14th August 2021]
Well over a year later, now you can eat Wedding Cake at any occasion. Thanks to EchoWeaver for the suggestion!
The zoeoe_Non-Birthday_BirthdayCake is still needed for either of the other two files to work as it has the script for both non-birthday cakes and non-wedding cakes. Also needs redownloading if you have the previous version and want non-wedding cakes.
The non-wedding cake is the clone of the one from the Store Bakery set. For some reason cloning the generations one didn't work for me, hopefully the transmogrifier would work if you want it. It's in the same location as other cakes for 50 simoleons, and has 1206 polygons.

Cake?
It's strange that to eat some cake, you have to have a birthday. Sometimes you just wanna have some cake without having to give up 10 years of your life, ya know? Well that's why these non-birthday birthday cakes exist. You can serve them without needing to age up a sim, and eat away! Yum!

What these actually are:
These cakes are completely separate to the existing birthday cakes.
They are NOT default replacements, and you also CANNOT age up sims with these cakes.
They are just regular cakes, for non-birthday occasions, that just happen to look like birthday cakes.

The main file, zoeoe_Non-Birthday_BirthdayCake, is a clone of the base game birthday cake. It also is the one that includes the script, so if you want the other cake, you need to also have this one installed. (Polycount is same as original: 668)
The other file, zoeoe_Non-Birthday_IndulgentCake,is a clone of the handcrafted birthday cake that comes with the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery from The Sims 3 Store. If you want this installed, you also need to have the other file installed. (Polycount is same as original: 489)

Interactions
When you first buy the cakes, you will need to "Serve" them before you can grab a slice. This is an immediate interaction that any human sim can do. Once the cake is served, sims can then grab a slice, call to meal, and enjoy! The Serve interaction isn't autonamous.

To Install/Uninstall
Just place in your Mods/Packages folder.
You will find the cakes where the regular birthday cakes are: eg outdoor activities, entertainment.
They both cost $30.

To uninstall, you should just be able to take them out, but may be better to delete any of these cakes in your game beforehand.

Conflicts/Issues
There shouldn't be any conflicts as these cakes do not override anything; they are their own objects.
The only issue is that the cake slices for the handcrafted (non)birthday cake are the base game slices. I haven't tested this, but if you use default replacement birthday cakes such as these, I believe the cake slices of the (non)birthday cakes will be the slices of your default replacement.

This isn't exactly an issue, but for those wondering, these cakes cannot be baked with the Baker's Oven.They can only be bought from buy mode. Making a default replacement of the baker's oven, to add an option to bake non-birthday cakes, is something I might look into doing in the future.

More regular cakes?
If you have custom non-default cakes and you want to make them into regular cakes, you could edit the OBJK of the package to Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.zoeoe_CakeMod.NonBirthdayCake or Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.zoeoe_CakeMod.NonWeddingCake for a Wedding one, and as long you as you have zoeoe_Non-Birthday_BirthdayCake installed, they should become regular non-birthday/wedding cakes. Using icarus_allsorts's Transmogrifier shoud also work though I also haven't tested this

Hope you like it, and if there are any issues, please let me know and I will do my best to fix them

Additional Credits:
S3PE, S3OC, ILSpy, Visual Studio 2017