Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

1920's Vintage Home Design ~ the Crockett, a Tudor Revival - Finale of the Series

SCREENSHOTS
853 Downloads 64 Thanks  Thanks 19 Favourited 4,104 Views
Uploaded: 7th Jun 2020 at 7:43 PM
Updated: 18th Jan 2024 at 8:18 PM
The sixty-second, and final house of my "1920s Series" - inspired by 62 Beautiful Vintage Home Designs from the 1920s - is the "Crockett," a Tudor Revival cottage with three original bedrooms (plus a fourth one I added in the finished basement,) two full baths and two half baths (one of each of which I added - in the finished basement,) a finished basement (obviously ) and a workshop garage. The brochure points out it has, "An irresistible front, culminating in the artistic face brick entrance." Which, I must clarify, my version uses the Maxis brown timbering, not the 'irresistible' white that the original architect had access to. The brochure continues, "Such features as a butler's pantry and a toilet off the hall makes the downstairs arrangement perfect. The spaciousness of the chambers should be noticed." ...Your sims will find a beverage bar in the butler's pantry, the *ahem* powder room is conveniently by the front door - as is a coat closet, and the upstairs bedrooms are indeed spacious.

The last words of the brochure assure us that the "Roof and walls will last as long as the building itself." Yes... That is very reassuring. LOL!

This house was planned as the last of the series for sentimental reasons... Crockett is a family name of mine going back to the same family as Davy; though this looks nothing like the "Crockett House" pictured hanging on the wall in my mom's genealogy room. None-the-less, it is a fine house. The Goodies have decided they are done moving, this is where they are going to stay. As was part of our deal, their aging has been turned off. They are eagerly awaiting the arrival of their soon-to-be-created extended family.

I hope you have a family that will enjoy living in this house too!

Thank you so much - those of you who have followed along on this whole series. When I started this back in January, I've had no idea it would be such a big project! I've had a lot of fun learning architectural styles of the 1920's, new building techniques, and reading all y'all's comments. Thank YOU

Please take a tour through all the above pictures to see everything this house has to offer. This house is fully furnished and decorated - though there's probably room to add more in places... Furniture/decos are all EAxis in-game stuff. The only CC items are build items, and they're all listed below.

All appliances, plumbing and lighting are included. The telephone is in the front hall. The front door is burglar alarmed. The range, fireplace, and grill all have smoke alarms.

This is a clean copy of this house/lot; no sim has ever lived here. The package has been cleaned with Mootilda's Clean Installer. Pictures were taken with Invisible Fire Alarms in place, but the lot is packaged without that mod. So, you will see the fire alarm over the range in the kitchen, and over the fireplace in the living room, and over the grill outside the back porch. Pictures were also taken with the Invisible Driveway, but the lot is not packaged with it. I highly recommend both invisifying options! .

There is parking available for three vehicles: two on the brick driveway, and one in the garage.

CC list - used but NOT included - so, GO get it:
- Unlevel Wall - #90 by Numenor @ MTS2 - used to fix wonky wall issues. Some people weren't sure how to install this wall... Click the info button down below to see how I did it
- Lifestyle Build Bundle - It's the second link in the top post - extracted from Lifestyle Stories by Argon @ MATY. Many of the wallpapers used in this 1920s series come from this bundle.
- Nooks And Niches - Niche 1 MASTER by Buggy Booz - without this the front door brick arch will flash blue!
- From that same file, you also need: BB Niche Arch
- Nook Folly MASTER by Buggy Booz - without this the brick bits will flash blue!
- From that same file, you will also need:
.....BB Nook Folly Garden Rounded Step Shelf Leftside
.....BB Nook Folly Garden Rounded Step Shelf
.....BB Nook Folly Garden Step Cover
.....BB Nook Folly Flower Border Med Low Straight
- "Fawn Stucco" Chimney REC by Kimsie @ MTS2
- Moocha Paintings GoS/Store Items Archive
- Freetime Ballerina Poster GoS/Maxis Pre-Order Incentives Archive
- Hobby Poster MaxoidMonkey @ LiveJournal

...and I highly recommend getting:
- Invisible Smoke Alarm by pfish @ MTS2
- Invisible Driveway by Sophie-David @ MTS2

Custom Content by Me:
- Balustrade/Steadfast Stair REC - Brown, originally by Chrissy/redone for HL's Recolorable Balustrade/Steadfast Stairs by Me
- Wallpaper - AptLife FancyStripes Tan - Untrimmed
- Wallpaper Overlays - INside Overlays MESH
- Wallpaper Overlays - MoldingOak: Kick2
- Wallpaper Overlays - MoldingOak: Crown3

Custom Content Included:
- Balustrade/Steadfast Stairs - made Recolorable by HugeLunatic (HL) @ MTS2 - no script file needed as these override the original stairs.
- Balustrade/Steadfast Stairs - Open Underneath by HugeLunatic (HL) @ Sims2Artists - these do need a script file so follow the link and make sure you install them properly!
- Steadfast Stair Corner by Spaik/slaved by HL @ Sims2Artists
- BrickColumnSlim by Spaik/slaved by HA @ dreamwidth
- Mauritania Arches by Leesester/LeeFish @ MTS2
- Brickwall Tall Fence by tBudgett @ MTS2
- Colonial Fireplace - without chimney by mia86 @ MTS2
- Manor Roof REC02 - Green by Honeywell (HW) @ MTS2
- Perfect Pediment Window Private by Leesester/LeeFish @ MTS2
- RaynussPanelMaster_BurnishedAmber by iCad @ Tumblr
- 9-Light Paneled Door - MASTER by Raynuss (RDN) @ SFS
- Paneled Doors and Windows Colonnade Set by Raynuss (RDN) @ SFS

Standard mods I use that are not necessary nor included - but were probably used whilst building/photo-ing/prepping this house for upload...
If you need help installing Numenor's Unlevel Wall #90, click this info button:

I use Niol/Moi's Roof Shader for brighter roofs
And, HW/Honeywell's A Little Greyer: Roof Trim Defaults
Then, if it's a Bespoke Roof recolor - it will be THESE adjusted versions by The Llama Park/Tumblr that you see used in the pictures.
(However, what you get in the packaged file, will either be the plain EA roof or the straight, un-modified Bespoke roof from the set here on MTS2.)
Maranatah's White Wall Top texture replacement
Moo's Turn On/Off Lights
Menaceman's Lunatech Lighting Fix
BeosBoxBoy's no-red-pause-mod
Nopke's Go Under Spiral Stairs mod for proper spiral stair usage
And, of course, everyone needs Numenor's CEP and SEP!
I also use FRAPs to take in-game pictures, and PhotoShop to clean/collage said pictures.
And, I highly recommend using gummilutt's Invisible Medicine Cabinet to add features to any mirror - as per her policy, it's not used or included in this lot.

Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price (furnished): $142,546

Additional Credits:
Thank you EAxis for this wonderful game
And, MTS2 for this terrific website!