Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous gift giving at parties

by kestrellyn Posted 26th Jun 2020 at 11:00 PM - Updated 17th May 2023 at 6:15 AM by kestrellyn

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 11th May 2023 at 7:59 PM
Gift giving would stop if the gift recipient is not on the lot, if their motives are too low, if they are doing something to satisfy their motives, if they are growing up, or if someone is getting married using the base game wedding arch. If none of those things are the case, I can create a debug version of the controller for you to try to figure out what the problem is.
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th May 2023 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Gift giving would stop if the gift recipient is not on the lot, if their motives are too low, if they are doing something to satisfy their motives, if they are growing up, or if someone is getting married using the base game wedding arch. If none of those things are the case, I can create a debug version of the controller for you to try to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks for the quick response I've tested again to make sure and none of those seem to be the issue, so a debug version would be helpful, thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 14th May 2023 at 11:03 PM
Ok, sure. Can you tell me which version of the controller you are using?
Test Subject
#54 Old 15th May 2023 at 4:17 PM
Ok, sure. Can you tell me which version of the controller you are using?

I'm using the Seasons version of the controller (and the base game social object).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 16th May 2023 at 4:31 AM
Ok, cool. Here is a debug version of the controller, remove the partygiftscontroller-Seasons package and replace it with this. It should spawn debug notifications for all the checks it makes when you throw a party with a gift recipient. Let me know if it is getting hung up somewhere it shouldn't be.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  partygiftscontroller-Seasons-debug.zip (3.9 KB, 4 downloads)
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th May 2023 at 5:07 PM
Ok, cool. Here is a debug version of the controller, remove the partygiftscontroller-Seasons package and replace it with this. It should spawn debug notifications for all the checks it makes when you throw a party with a gift recipient. Let me know if it is getting hung up somewhere it shouldn't be.

Thanks so much! The issue seems to be with the ‘checking possible gift giver’ interaction; when it checks the family members of my test sim, it’s saying ‘failure: [sim] is not on the lot’ even though they are present, and it doesn’t seem to be checking the party guests as possible gift givers at all. It is checking a visitor who already happened to be on the lot, but comes up with ‘failure: [sim] is not greeted’ even after I greet the sim in question; unless I greet the sim before the party starts, in which case it comes up with the same ‘not on the lot’ message.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th May 2023 at 3:00 AM
Ok, here's a fixed version that shouldn't count sims who are outside as being off-lot. Only visitors that are on the lot are checked, so if the party guests haven't arrived yet they won't be considered.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  partygiftscontroller-Seasons-debug.zip (3.9 KB, 1 downloads)
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th May 2023 at 4:51 AM
Ok, here's a fixed version that shouldn't count sims who are outside as being off-lot. Only visitors that are on the lot are checked, so if the party guests haven't arrived yet they won't be considered.

Amazing, seems to be working now! Thanks again for all your help.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th May 2023 at 6:16 AM
Awesome, thanks for testing. I've uploaded fixed versions of both controllers to the main post.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 25th Sep 2023 at 10:32 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 26th Sep 2023 at 12:28 AM.
Question/small bug: Would it be possible to make a Sim drop a held infant when 'receive gift' is pushed on them? I got magical levitating baby:

additionally: does this game check a Sim's household funds when picking which gift they give? I'd rather not have my poorer Sims accicdentally bankrupt themselves by giving a $1000 item when they only have $1000 in household funds (and $1000 is the minimum).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 26th Sep 2023 at 12:29 AM
Yeah, I'll see what I can do.

You can set the minimum amount of household funds the sim should have in the social plugin and the controller, there are instructions in the description.
Test Subject
#62 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 5:19 AM
This mod, since I downloaded it is really good and works quite well so thank you!

My current problem is that even after the party is over when I click on another sim, I have the option to 'Give Party Gift'. I think that's not supposed to be there when there's no party? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I use the controller compatible with New Parties if that's any help.
I know it's maybe not a big deal but it bothers me the tiniest bit lol.

Thanks again for the mod!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 5:55 AM
Did a party end due to an error? In that case, you should just throw another party and end it the normal way and the interaction should go away. If it doesn't go away, that either means you don't have this hack loading after New Parties, or you have some other conflict.
Page 3 of 3