Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Burnaby Hall II - Remake

SCREENSHOTS
754 Downloads 36 Thanks  Thanks 11 Favourited 2,270 Views
Uploaded: 9th Sep 2023 at 8:56 PM
Updated: 12th Sep 2023 at 8:16 AM
In summer 2008 I uploaded one of my final TS2 lots to TSR. It was a Base Game only, CC free, brick family home called Burnaby Hall. I always liked the shape of it, but never played it with any of my sims. When I recently wanted a medium-to-large old fashioned house for a growing family, I had the idea to remake Burnaby Hall in the style an English Tudor, something more befitting of an old money family with a commanding legacy in town.

This new take on a 15 year old house preserves the shell but changes just about everything else. The large brick walkway has been scaled down to a tidy stone walking path bordered by poppies. When you enter, you are greeted by a small foyer with a staircase up to a second floor landing area, and open archways to the kitchen and dining room. Parts of this house have been renovated and updated, but the kitchen still retains the charm of a different era. There is a half bath off the kitchen and a door to the garage and to the back patio. The garage is two cars deep, but can be turned into a workshop, gym, or overflow room. To the right is the great room, a place for the family to watch a late night movie or to entertain guests with a pool table, dartboard, piano recital, or dance party.

The foyer staircase will take you to a landing area with another set of couches - a more casual family room suited for the kids. This side of the house has access to the study, nursery, a full bath, a twin bedroom and stairs to the unfinished attic. On the other side of the second floor, another stairwell tucked behind the kitchen brings you to the parents' suite, a teenager's bedroom, and two full bathrooms. This second stairwell offers more privacy for the parents, allowing them to come and go from the kitchen without passing through the entire house (see Routing Notes below).

Lastly, the back patio is the perfect place to take your parties outside. Two partially covered areas feature a grill station with a built-in bar and a hot tub. A gated swimming pool and a greenhouse flank the house on either side. Tasteful plantings border the home, and large old trees will reinforce the sense of privacy and elegance that the interior establishes. Just hire a gardener to help with the leaves in the fall.

Routing Notes
Sims are dumb sometimes, and it seemed my placing two staircases in the house was too much for them. As such, the nursery is laid out so that when commanding parents from the bedroom to the nursery they will take the most direct route, and not descend the stairs, walk through the first floor, and up the foyer stairs just to get to the crib. I have no idea why the game thought this was faster, but rearranging the objects seemed to do the trick. Similarly, I wanted to have another archway into the great room (next to the stairs), but the sims hated this and would loop around to use the stairs so I deleted it.

Housekeeping
There is NO CC included in the file, though two defaults are shown. Those include Tvickiesims' Sung Gyu Sunburst Oriental Rug Default Replacement and Slig's Greenhouse texture replacement. Alternatively, you can use Tvickiesims's Greenhouse default here on tumblr. None of these files are included, just shown in the screenshots.

Furthermore, I highly recommend Simler90's Stair Straight Mod, as it will allow multiple sims to use the stairs at the same time. Find it here at MTS.

The file has been cleaned and a copy of the lot has been playtested and is fully functional.