Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Seduce In-law

SCREENSHOTS
1,057 Downloads 30 Thanks  Thanks 14 Favourited 5,610 Views
Uploaded: 19th Sep 2023 at 2:20 AM
Updated: 19th Sep 2023 at 4:38 AM
A very long time ago, I fixed in-law relationships so that in-laws and step family were not romaceable, since the code was very confused about whether or not they were supposed to be. But since then, I've found that there are some few cases where you do want to be able to romance in-laws - maybe you're trying to set up a poly marriage where two siblings are married to the same person, for example, or maybe your sims are just Like That. I just didn't want them to do it willy nilly of their own volition and return to the days when your sim's parents would randomly hit on their spouse for no apparent reason.

There is a loophole in the no incest rule, which is that if two sims have any romantic flags, they can interact romantically even if they are considered related. I think this was originally there just to enable spouses to both be considered family and also be romanceable, but I think it makes sense for in-laws, too - if you romanced someone, and then one of you got married and you became in-laws, then continuing to romance them might be cheating, but it shouldn't count as incest. So, all this hack is, is a new social interaction which is exactly the same as Charm for all intents and purposes, except that it is only available to use towards your in-laws or step family who you are not blood related to (and who aren't found family) and who you don't already have some romantic flag towards. If you have a high enough relationship, this should give you a crush flag towards that person, and that will unlock all of the game's other romantic interactions. This interaction can't be performed autonomously, so no one should be romancing their in-laws without your say-so.

Family members with romantic flags who are not married are slightly limited in that the game doesn't consider them attraction-capable and you can't use the Check Sim Out interaction on them. These issues are fixed in the Polygamy-attractionfix and Polygamy-checksimoutfix respectively that I uploaded previously here. These hacks will not add polygamy to your game, they were just originally intended to fix the same issues for polygamous sims.

You will need to install both the social object, and one of the social plugin packages for the social to work.

Hack compatibility

If you have the extended family hack (either version) you can optionally download the seduceinlawsocialplugin+extendedfamily version of the social plugin in order to exclude in-laws who are also extended family from the interaction. seduceinlawsocialplugin only excludes close family and found family and does not require any other hacks. This is a new, self-contained social interaction and does not override any existing game resources, and thus should not conflict with anything.

Game compatibility

This should be compatible with all game versions.