Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 8:07 AM
So am I - my own playstyle is 'alternative science-fantasy' and I don't allow human-looking Sims or Earth-like settings in my game (with the exception of my Nuidya Tribe, who were around before I was so picky and are all part lizard alien anyway) so I can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Good luck with your version of the challenge, from the Simmer who has over 100 custom skins and an eye colour for nearly every day of the year and still has very few that could pass for human genetics.
- VT
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 1:10 PM
Well I am noticing there is a lack of fantasy clothes on this site. Or at least the kind of one's I want. So I figure I'll have to make most of them on my own... But I'm not going to try to make the hair on my own. I guess I'm just going to have to shift through thousands of downloads for that.

PS. I was wondering if any of you guys knew some good blender tutorials for the sims 2? Or should I try lurking elsewhere?

Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:28 PM
ugh I dont envy you going on a hair expedition ! Tho it is so much fun and I tend to go totally overboard downloading when I do lol Im not sure what blender tuts are so Im probably not the best person to ask haha

Follow along with the residents of Tesime on the Test of Time Challenge http://www.simslifeandtimes.blogspot.com/
Tesime Family Tree
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Darkroselyn : 26th Apr 2011 at 10:58 PM.
I found my hair....I think. Now all I have to do is make the clothes.... This going to take forever XD. But with the ideas I have in mind, the wait is definitely going to be worth it. In the meantime though, I should probably set up the website...

EDIT: I now have a website... You can check it out if you like, but nothing much is on there yet, I don't even have a proper name for it

http://lizabelly.weebly.com/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 4:14 PM
Congrats on the website ! Now get to work making your clothes so you can start the challenge lol

Follow along with the residents of Tesime on the Test of Time Challenge http://www.simslifeandtimes.blogspot.com/
Tesime Family Tree
Field Researcher
#31 Old 2nd May 2011 at 10:49 AM
Guess what, everyone? Debs is still active! She posted on the old thread yesterday, so I've given her a link to the new one. Hopefully we'll see her and Star joining us again soon.

- VT
Test Subject
#32 Old 2nd May 2011 at 4:55 PM
You Whoo! (cupping mouth with my hands) Where are you? (cupping eyes with hands) Oh there you all are. I thought you all had given up on TS2 thread. Well; hi there everyone. I am pleased to see you still continuing ATOT and that I can tag along with you.

I am still playing the neanderthal era first generation and now transistioning into the next section of Neanderthals. I am playing this challenge with the mash-up that Starsaphire has developed. I still have my cave clan living in their apartment caves. The teens are still going to school, fishing, learning how to garden, and dance. I have created a Witch Doctor and Gypsy Woman to live among the caves for storyline purposes only.

So far Generation 1 are passing away and leaving their young teens alone to fend for themselves. The oldest teens have moved out of the fold and in search for a better place to survive the harsh droubt and famine that has befallen their cave area. Since the first 2 born of each family are girls (go figure) they are waiting for the rest of the group to catch up in age to start their next generation mfamilies.

I am now finished with my Easter Weekend family Baby Shower and my kitty Coco is now stable and feeling better. I now can play ATOT full steam ahead.
Now all we need is Starsaphire to come back from her many daily activities to join us again. (I might give her a jingle and see what she is up too).

I hope to follow you here now. See ya soon.
Debs
Instructor
#33 Old 6th May 2011 at 5:30 PM
Uuu ^^ I've read this challenge a week or two ago, but I usually play only Sims 3 Challenges, so I didn't even think to try it.
But it is just too interesting and complete and ... interesting ^^ So I had to get back to my old Sims 2 and see if I can play for more than two or three generations.

I created the families last evening, but I've only played with four of them(for a week with each).I'll post some photos of them later (I had to recreate one of the families, because I forgot to make them spouses ^^" ), but I'll give the names now ^^ (I had to write them on a piece of paper, because they are too complicated XD )

Silas and Nasrin Afia, with Skin 1.Their first born, Adaeze.
Enkidu and Olinda Chidi, with Skin 1.Their first born, Esi.
Gunju and Neka Desta, with Skin 4.Their first born, Arawn.
Adripin and Zerdali Ime, with Skin 1(Adripin) and 4(Zerdali).Their first born, Nahele, with Skin 4.
Emem and Eniola Kgosi, with Skin 4.

Well, it's hard, because I was used to Sims 3 and now all the things are a lot more complicated, but I really like this challenge and I wanna get faster to the Dark Ages and Victorian times ^^
Field Researcher
#34 Old 7th May 2011 at 8:45 AM
Debs, welcome to our new home. Good to have you back, I've really missed you - and Star, too. Think you could try contacting her?

Lady Scarlet, much as I hate T'S'3, I also welcome you to our little challenge community. I'm VT, the official Weird One here.

Anyway, I hate to put a downer on things already, but my game has officially exploded on me. However, all is not lost... (OK, my hood is. But apart from that.)

A new ToTM is coming this way - same mutant future, different Sims, and to keep the memory of the old one alive I may have some of the kids from it as my second-gen add-ins. This one will take place in the city that my original ToTM Sims left, at around the same time as that one started. This time I'd like to give it a flavour similar to 'The Tribe' one of my all-time favourite TV shows - which means I may be taking a few liberties with the challenge itself.

Well, off to plan!
- VT
Instructor
#35 Old 8th May 2011 at 8:06 PM
I'm back with some photos ^^ I played more, but I'm still at the first generations ^^ Well, it's quite interesting, so I'll keep playing.

The Afia family.Now they have 3 children: Adaeze, Ama and Dayo.
This is Nasrin.

And her husband, Silas.

The Chidi family has only 1 child, but there will be more soon.
Enkidu

His wife, Olinda.

Desta family has one son, Arawn.
Neka

And Gunju.

Ime family.This is the most amazing family from my game.The husband has Skin 1 and the wife has Skin 4, but their second child is ... more like an Albino-child(her skin is almost as white as the paper).I'll post a picture of her when she'll be a teenager.
Adripin

His wife, Zerdali.

And the last ones, the Kgosis.
Eniola.

And the husband, Emem.

Well, here they are ^^ Hope you like them.
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th May 2011 at 11:31 AM
I've started playing Starsapphire's version and have been having a lot of fun. I divided the singles into two apartments, male and female, and let ACR do it's stuff. It's been very interesting - every sim had the highest attraction with someone of the opposite skin colour, which I'm pretty pleased with since I'm really interested in how genetics will turn out (and I'm going to rank families based on wealth, because the alternative is just bad.) I've been trying to think of what I'll do if Starsapphire doesn't update the challenge, but I don't have many ideas yet...

I've been playing completely hands off, only telling sims to eat if they're about to die, and only directing someone to garden if they have a want to gain a skill point. I really love how simple, almost childlike the sims feel due to the lifestyle they have. In terms of romance it's been pretty cool - I have jealousy set to 'if married only,' and I only marry them if they both have a want to. I only have one married pair at the moment, and I only have one other monogamous relationship. I then have two threesomes... it's pretty cool really. Due to this what I'm doing with surnames for children is "mother's surname'father's surname." I quite like the combination - so far I have Shah'lea, Mo'lea, Zeezee'smo, Ka'flo, Mor'rou... and one day there might be a Zeezee'huo, if the poor dude ever manages to beat the woman's other partner to it. I figure the children of the next generation will drop the approstraphe (eg. Shalea) and the one after that will evolve it again somehow.. etc.

If Starsapphire happens to drop by... I'd love to hear even vague thoughts of what you were planning for other stages of the challenge, even if it's just a one sentence concept.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 10th May 2011 at 8:20 AM
Welcome aboard, Pearlie. Hopefully Star will find us here soon, but try not to worry about challenge updates until generation 3 is about to grow up. Love what you've done with the names, especially with evolving them as time goes on. I might have to try that myself. Being something of a culture geek I try to give each hood I create its own naming system (I say 'try' because names are my weakness) so your idea sounds like a good one to me.

- VT
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th May 2011 at 3:31 AM
Well I go on vacation for 10 days and look at all the activity here ! Welcome to Pearlie and Lady Scarlet ! Im so impressed that this has pulled people from S3 to try it as well. It just goes to show what a great idea SwallowTail had originally Deb great to see you again ! I am hoping to get back to my simmies very soon so I can do a new update and look forward to what everyone else is up to as well. Lady Scarlet you have some good looking sims there ! Genetics should be in your favour. Not having to get a job or buy the latest furniture/toys etc really lets you focus on the living off the land part of it which is really fun. I am actually not sure what will happen when I move thru the ages and have to work again lol its going to be much harder to balance it all I think.

Tesime Family Tree
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th May 2011 at 5:31 PM
Hi there friends,
VT, Anna, and all the new Simmers. I am glad to be able to join you all here.

I am happily updating my weebly website this weekend. I am now at the point in my game where all my Gen 2 Neanderthals ( I call Cavesims) are all adults. All their parents (formerly Gen 1) are all gone. I am now ready to start my new adventure in the Mash-up of splitting them up into 2 clans. I have 7 couples in the Sha-Ka'ani Sea tribe, and 7 couples in the Sha-Ka'ari Sand tribe. I have them all paired up and ready to date and mate. I still do not know if I will have them get married yet, after all there were not any clergy back then yet. So I will be having a great time watching the fights and mating ritual going on. I have added a community lot to each 'hood so they have a chance to meet each other. I know they are not supposed to have contact with outside townies, I feel that I can control them on the community lots by not engaging them in any contact. I also had Corth the android come down from the space ship to take CT-4700 away with him back to Kystran. (she was Challen and Tedras ailen baby) I had fun with her for a time.

I have introduced 2 new charater sims to my clans for story purposes and moved them into the apt caves. Zorah the Old Gypsy Woman and Mumba the Witch Doctor (young male adult). They were supposed to have walk on parts in my story only but I liked Mumba so well, and so did my single female Martame, I decided to add him into the new Sea tribe.

I posted all the new storylines in my weebly webpage yesterday, now I am adding the construction and family album to the new section. You can cruise my site by going to Debestfriend4u.Weebly.com

I am excited to start playing my couples on their new individual lots. My plan for this group will be a contest to see who can build the bigest house, most beautiful landscape, and earn enough funds to become the leader of each tribe. My biggest challenge will be not have all the lots look the same. I like cookie cutter lots to hop between.

Well, I have to get back to my weebly webpage. I am so excited. I will peek at this from time to time this week to catch up on my reading your comments .
Hugs, Debs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th May 2011 at 8:13 PM
OMG Drama with a capital D !!!! Pouring rain, thunder and lightning strikes, trees and people on fire and visits from Grimmy, motives in the red, visits by shrinks AND cockroaches !!!!! And that was just within 10 mins of going into my current lot. I just had to sit back, turn on the camera to capture it all and see where it led me. Wow sometimes Sims sure know how to knock your socks off LMAO Be sure to tune into the next update thats for sure to see what happened.

Im confused. I started this challenge before you Deb and your founders are already dead? Mine are just turning into elders this turn.

Tesime Family Tree
Test Subject
#41 Old 17th May 2011 at 11:08 PM
Hi all, I've missed you guys tremendously. Anna, thank you for creating this wonderful thread! Rome? Did you just return from Rome????? OMG, I hope you post some pics on your website under "Roman Times to be."

VT, I love your website. What a great beginning....oh wait, your neighborhood exploded? Oh no. I too experienced the magic lullaby at the hammock, but it didn't seem too much of an issue....but when I moved some of my sims to other apartments, their ghosts stayed on until I moved new tenants into their old apartments. No doubt about it, the apartments are a little glitchy. I've slowly matched everyone up in gen one (mostly because I wanted to capture some of the father's last names too) and all the couples are living on their own little lots.....and no more glitches....but no more zillions of fish either. I loved your sims and hope you can keep on playing them. (Still snickering at " Baby Squad Powers Activate").

Talia, you've got the most gorgeous sims ever! Loved seeing Elias (did I get the name right?) popping up EVERYWHERE. He is sooo cute and such a love-bug...how can you be mad at someone stealing the hearts of all the male heirs when it's Elias....think I'll just rename him Awesome. And I see you've already started creating that spooky lot where all sims should beware of things going bump in the night, with flies coming out to claim the lives of all living sims. Seems like the perfect creature breeding ground to me. LOL OMG, you have a black widow, an orphan raised to new heights, and all sorts of wonderfully diverse things going on in your game. I am green wit envy! Congrats on starting the new round!

Debs thanks for the email last week, which let me know that so much was still happening with this game! Call or text me anytime. Congrats on starting on Gen 2. I know, I know, we've been IMing all day, but still wanted to say how excited I am that you are beginning the mashup of gen 2. No worries, we'll get gen 3 up pretty soon.

*Waives energetically at all the new players* I've got some time on my hands for the next couple of weeks. I'm going to devote it to gardening and ToTM playing. Woot!
Test Subject
#42 Old 17th May 2011 at 11:43 PM
Just so you know, humans did not evolve from Neanderthals, we just share a common ancestor, like we do with monkeys (but closer).
Mad Poster
#43 Old 18th May 2011 at 12:57 AM
That thing with the apartments is pretty standard; use Move Objects to get rid of them, or the moved-out sims will get memories of what happens there, and it's usually bad as they can't seem to clean up, go to the bathroom, bathe...

I'm sure they know that about the Neanderthals; somebody just liked the sound of it better than the alternatives. If I ever did this I'd call it "Neolithic," as that's when the agricultural revolution occurred; all hunting/gathering with a little casual horticulture before then. But I'm a prehistory geek.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#44 Old 18th May 2011 at 9:21 AM
Star! Welcome back! I'm afraid I couldn't move my Sims out of the apartments because my female Sims were all pregnant, and I'm fairly certain that causes worse glitches. But there will be a new ToTM (using the same basic setting, but different Sims) coming soon, and maybe some of my original Sims and/or their kids will join the new group as Gen 2 add-ins...

I'll try to get as much work done on my website as possible... maybe I'll create a site for each of my hoods, and link to all of them from the base site. Don't know if I can actually do that but I'll try. It might be just the thing I need to get me out of panic mode (there's a Major Event coming up on one of the few non-Sim-related sites I frequent, and the computer geek I am has spent the last month flapping around in a panic over it - pretty dumb, huh?)

- VT
Mad Poster
#45 Old 18th May 2011 at 12:31 PM
I've moved several pregnant women out of apartments with no glitches apart from the standard "ghosts," which is fixable as described above.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:57 PM
Hi All~

I just realised how long it's been since I posted and thought I'd wave excitedly at you all - I'm still here! I have Neanderthal simmies in the background hurling rocks, mud, and verbal abuse to boot at me because they've been stuck in "almost at Roman Era OMG" limbo for the last month...or so >_> time sure does fly fast huh! ^_^ I have a huge editing project in the other non-sims world (you know, that same world that involves bills and taxes and what not bleh) in between working six days a week - so they've been a little...abandoned? *innocent* If I don't avoid them I get no work done - you know what I mean right? Right?! *in hysterics now from lack of simmies*

I hope you had a wonderful time in Rome - did she say Rome?! (excited anyway) - Anna! I'd like pics too! No pics? Go back and take some then! LoL I'm so envious, I would love to visit Rome, Venice while I'm at it, those islands down the bottom, oh heck let's throw in Greece and the rest of the mediterranean while we're about it! Pfft. Once upon a time... (back to reality now) Looking forward to seeing how your sims entertained you on your first day back; aren't they fantastic? Sims are awesome.

So good to see you again Star! I thought we had lost you but it seems you were just busy. Elias the Awesome has caught himself another fan - it's contagious right?! He's just too lovable! Some sims should be illegal, seriously >_> He was a lot of fun, but I had a very strange - though amusing - Round 11 that has me gnawing off my fingernails now at what to do next - and as I say that I'm thinking too myself "you say that every round and they always surprise you!" totally true.

I can't keep up with all the messages! @_@ Debs you are a pocket rocket at these challenges for sure! I only wish we were doing the same version so I could borrow *cough steal* some ideas for later gens as I'm sure you're going to leap ahead soon enough. It's such a fun challenge isn't it? ^_^

What was that about VT's game imploding? Does that mean no more mutant apocalyptic style sims? ;_; taliah is so sad now; I was really getting into that. Ganbatte, VT! Do your best!

That was all >_> *twiddles thumbs*....I am so not procrastinating in getting back to work - honest! *halo slips*

I hope to get back to my neanderthal simmies soon, and I'm always looking in here to see what's happening - forums are so much fun! Adieu~

taliah~
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th May 2011 at 1:53 PM
I've began this challenge yesterday, yet all of my toddlers are abducted by social workers due to overheat T.T
So far I could, out of 5 families with a total of 11 kids, only raise 2 to child and save them by throwing water balloons at them. This challenge is a lot harder then I thought, although it makes it more realistic: back in the Neanderthal-era most kids died in their first 3 years due to bad healthcare.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 19th May 2011 at 1:56 PM
Not the whole game, Taliah, just the hood. Still got my CC and, like I already said, I'll be using the same basic concept for a new ToTM. I'm also planning on having at least some of my originals make an appearance in gen 2. *must run off to work on new hood now!*

- VT
Test Subject
#49 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:59 PM
Hey there friends,

Is that Talilah and Star? Wow, you sure have been away for a while. I quite understand about working 6 and 7 days a week. I used to do that once a long time ago.
Star finally read her emails to see my distress call, Welcome back from real life, We sure have missed you and Taliah.
Anna, did you say Rome? Wow I bet you had a great trip.
VT, did your Hood explode from a photon bomb? out of frustration? I have that happen to me a lot. My hood changes almost daily.
Taliah, I thought you knew, I am a professional Simmer. I have no life sitting here in the middle of this tiny little town in the Nevada Desert all day long with my senior citizen husband who loves to watch the TV all day long. This leaves me the computer to putter around with. I am sure my Sims love me a lot with all the attention I can give them.

I am not that far along, I am only starting gen 2 as adults in the first era. I slowed way down to let Star catch up so she can come up with the next era rules and guidelines.

Well, my Weebly site is up to date, I converted the Sea clan campground into a nice park, now I am off to try to figure out a new idea I had building multi level tree houses for my Sea Clan.
Hugs till next time, Debs
Field Researcher
#50 Old 20th May 2011 at 8:30 AM
Oh yes, my hood glitched up. I'll miss it, it's one of only three hoods in over four years of playing that's lasted past setup... I really hate the creation process. At least my building skills have progressed past the shoebox house stage. (Hey, you should see what my kid brother did when I tried teaching him to use the build tools so he could do it for me. Bad idea. His houses were boxier than mine, and he used the Freetime basketball court floor pattern on the ceiling. Last time I ever let any of my relatives touch my game. )

- VT
Page 2 of 128