Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 5:30 PM Last edited by losail27 : 11th Jul 2020 at 6:57 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Nraas Story Progression causes my game to freeze
Hello! I've noticed that whenever I run my game with Story Progression it freezes. Specifically the clock stops and sim freeze but the plumbob and the trees keep moving and I can still here the game sounds effects from seasons etc. I checked the version of the game and it is compatible with the mod's version. I've been playing the game without this mod but I really like it so I'd like to fix this problem.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

EDIT : I noticed the freeze is happening on the same sim day around 11 am.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 7:54 PM
Is this a total freeze that the game never recovers from (meaning, does it actually crash and produce a crash log) or is it more of a long pause?

Usually a total freeze/crash reproducible at the same sim time indicates something is scheduled to happen at that time and it's overwhelming the game engine. Common things at around 11 am would be
-- Sims who begin work at 12 noon are spinning into their career outfits and trying to go to work. The culprit could be a "bad" career outfit including "bad" CC.
-- A Role Sim is scheduled to begin staffing their object but they are stuck somewhere, perhaps trying to age up in private, and the game gets stuck trying to force them to do two things at once that they cannot do. Register usually helps sort this out but sometimes I still find Role Sims standing still on a sidewalk or someplace unable to move when they should be at their stations and the first thing I do is check their ages to see if they are indeed overdue to age up.
-- Way too many spawners somewhere in the world set to go off at that hour.
-- A sim somewhere in town is in labor at that time and stuck in the infinite birth loop glitch (the mere presence of Woohooer should put a stop to that).

None of those are really SP specific admittedly, but in an indirect way SP could be managing sims' careers and pushing pregnancies to the extent that these things wouldn't really have taken place otherwise. If you remove SP and clear the script cache, does the 11 am freeze immediately stop happening?

If that doesn't seem to be any help, perhaps you could bring the issue to us at NRaas together with any ErrorTrap and other script logs so we can assist with narrowing this down a bit further. There are some debugging alarm dump tools we can suggest to get a log of whatever else might be scheduled to happen at that hour.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 9:12 PM
It's a total freeze, my game doesn't recover and I have to shut it down using Task Manager. When I removed SP and deleted the script cache I was able to pass 11 am.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 7:09 PM
Sorry to have left you hanging there, but if you wish to pursue this further the next step would be to bring the issue to us at NRaas as I mentioned above.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 9:04 PM
No problem! I will create a thread at NRaas.