Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 7:23 AM
so, ex-con isn't part of the table on the roles page... what do they bring with them? i'm taking their stats from the musician role instead for now.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Letcupcake : 19th Oct 2016 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
There is no accountant on the set-up but there is one on the roles part, exact opposite with the ex-con...

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Test Subject
#53 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 3:09 PM Last edited by lisail : 26th Oct 2016 at 6:15 AM.
Wish we could get an answer on the missing roles; atm I'm just going with a conservative guess for what might be reasonable for an athlete.

I haven't played Sims 4 a huge amount, so I didn't realise that if you start a new game for the challenge then the neighborhood plants won't be harvestable on the first day. So I cooked the minimum I could for the very first day, and started the harvesting/cooking rules properly on the second day.

I wasn't sure who should be cooking if you don't have a chef or teacher, so I assigned my model since she didn't have any other duties. Although now that I think about it I probably wasn't supposed to make her do anything productive..?

I've played 4 days so far, and in that time:

- event: the base was attacked, but my group beat them back and looted some weapons and kevlar vests, increasing the base defense by 1.
- encounter: whilst the group was out scavenging the mad scientist Felix York was abducted, and returned pregnant with an alien child.
- encounter: the group stumbled into a gunfight between two rival colonies. After taking them down the hippie whose garden they were fighting over joined the group.
- event: the model Rosalie Westfall sneaked off to meet up with a guy, and got herself kidnapped. My group fought the kidnappers to retrieve her, and Rosalie decided to change her ways, becoming the groups handyman (lol).
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 1:07 PM
I just started this challenge with a mad scientist, prepper, and house wife (good) Lazy BUm, model, and Grumpy or fart (very bad)
my bdr is a 2 without prepper a 1 with prepper
welp day one i rolled for an event and got in the 50s a group of thugs came and shot my scientist
then i took the houswife , model , and prepper to do some fishing and light gathering they all managed to catch a fish (prepper got 2 thankfully though no one to cook it)
then someone left there plate of hamburgers so those three got to eat hamburgers
on my way back i rolled a 2 so more thugsand a housewife now dead.and the upgrade part i hadgotten was all that was in her inventory

which means i only have one useful sim after day one the prepper then i have a model lazy bum, and old fart

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 8:24 PM
Misty, I really, REALLLY love your challenges!
I have some issues for you to resolve! :-)

1) One of my survivors is a Pro-Athlete. Ok, you gave me the static trait, but nothing else! This sim doesn't have a role, no goal, no reward, and no SR! :-(
2) I have also an Ex-Con, but he doesn't have the Klepto trait... How can he reach is goal? (10 useful items to steal) :-(
3) For the encounters we randomize every time we go out (loading page, of course). Ok. But for the events? You said that we could do every day, but what would be the standard? Two? Three?
4) And last but not least... When you can say that you have won or lost the challenge? XD

Sorry for my bad english :-(
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 1:36 PM
Hey guys sorry, I have not been around because we are moving to Florida and we're leaving in a few days.

I'm sorry the table got updated but the other pages didn't.

I have fixed it. EVERYTHING is now on the table under the roles section. It's a one-stop shop for everything roles related. Hope that helps!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 3:51 AM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 8th Dec 2016 at 5:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
Hey guys sorry, I have not been around because we are moving to Florida and we're leaving in a few days.

I have fixed it. EVERYTHING is now on the table under the roles section. It's a one-stop shop for everything roles related. Hope that helps!

Oh, good! I just discovered and started this and I was a little bit concerned about the missing Athlete, Jock/Cheerleader, and Ex-Con roles. I was going to relate Ex-Con to thief and Athlete to Ex-Marine and treat the jock/Cheerleader as a sort of place holder like the young child only specifically for the athletic trait roles. Having the chart properly fixed will be a much better option though.

I always love your challenge and it's good to see a Sims 4 one since my laptop won't tolerate Sims 3 anymore. I'll try and get some pics later. There probably won't be any beyond the starting few to introduce, because I'm not a big picture taker, but I'll try.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 5:44 AM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 8th Dec 2016 at 7:19 AM. Reason: Addition
Some questions and clarifications:

1.) BDR is based on who is home on the base, but the Ex-Marine brings +2 for the wall he builds. Are we supposed to deduct that when he isn't at the base(I guess the walls left undefended), or should we assume his BDR is active even when he is not currently at the base? I assume the first.

2.) The Hippie Prepper brings with him two seed packs. We are allowed to plant one of each type of consumable plant. What should we do with the excess "seeds"? Pitch them or consider them our starting food supply? I pitched for now to be safe.

3.) Can the Hipppie Prepper also plant herbs collected by the Biologist, or no?

4.)The leader can bring in a sim with every two new post cards he brings, but on the chart it says he may bring one in for every post card regardless of being new or not once completing his goal. Should this be every two postcards or every one at this point?

5.) The base comes with single beds and I assume the cot you can trade for is intended to be also a single. It appears we are not allowed to buy furniture willy-nilly, but rather only trade for it or steal it. Should we assume then that the only way to get a double bed(needed to try for baby if you have a housewife or reach the Biologists complete goal) is to steal it then? Same goes for other woohoo objects besides the rocket which we get with the Mad Scientest? Or can we assume they can also be traded for? Will at least one of these make it on the trade list eventually? Maybe the Housewife role should come with a double bed?

6.) What's your feeling on lot traits? I assume the skill boosters and other super positive ones are a no-no. Although I could see earning certain ones within the challenge(hate how they are completely free). That said, I'm using Private Dwelling(To stop neighbours from dropping by my challenge lot constantly, also I figured it could represent the wall I didn't feel like ACTUALLY building) and Quake Zone(haven't tried it yet, but it made sense for a post-apocalyptic challenge).

7.) My Hippie Prepper rolled the Glutton trait. Can I take advantage of the one positive thing from this trait and rummage in the trash? If so, can I eat any food found? What about fruits and vegetables(I don't know if we can fish these out since I haven't played much with the trait)?

[Edit]
8.)On the Roles page it says that the teacher must cook using the recipes stated ingredients per serving, but Chef's can cook using the stated ingredients per 2 servings. On the Roles chart it says the Chef's reward is to create food at half the ingredient cost, but does not say what a Chef's normal ingredient cost is. On the Restrictions page it says the recipes stated ingredients make only two servings.
This sounds like the normal meal cost, the Chef meal cost and the rewarded Chef meal cost are all the same thing. Could you please clarify?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 8:22 AM Last edited by MistyDW : 8th Dec 2016 at 8:50 AM.
Lots of questions!!

1.) BDR is based on who is home on the base, but the Ex-Marine brings +2 for the wall he builds. Are we supposed to deduct that when he isn't at the base(I guess the walls left undefended), or should we assume his BDR is active even when he is not currently at the base? I assume the first.

The wall BDR is always active but you can change that if you like

2.) The Hippie Prepper brings with him two seed packs. We are allowed to plant one of each type of consumable plant. What should we do with the excess "seeds"? Pitch them or consider them our starting food supply? I pitched for now to be safe.

You could have eaten them (consider them extra food he brought with him)

3.) Can the Hipppie Prepper also plant herbs collected by the Biologist, or no?

Sure

4.)The leader can bring in a sim with every two new post cards he brings, but on the chart it says he may bring one in for every post card regardless of being new or not once completing his goal. Should this be every two postcards or every one at this point?

It's one for every two new post cards until you meet the objective for the leader, then it's one per post card (duplicates are fine since you will have completed the collection by then)

5.) The base comes with single beds and I assume the cot you can trade for is intended to be also a single. It appears we are not allowed to buy furniture willy-nilly, but rather only trade for it or steal it. Should we assume then that the only way to get a double bed(needed to try for baby if you have a housewife or reach the Biologists complete goal) is to steal it then? Same goes for other woohoo objects besides the rocket which we get with the Mad Scientest? Or can we assume they can also be traded for? Will at least one of these make it on the trade list eventually? Maybe the Housewife role should come with a double bed?

I like your idea with the housewife coming with a double bed; I'll change that

6.) What's your feeling on lot traits? I assume the skill boosters and other super positive ones are a no-no. Although I could see earning certain ones within the challenge(hate how they are completely free). That said, I'm using Private Dwelling(To stop neighbours from dropping by my challenge lot constantly, also I figured it could represent the wall I didn't feel like ACTUALLY building) and Quake Zone(haven't tried it yet, but it made sense for a post-apocalyptic challenge).

This challenge was written prior to the expansion granting lot traits. I would say, given the dire situation, avoid anything super helpful. For more of a challenge, you could always do something with a negative lot trait.

7.) My Hippie Prepper rolled the Glutton trait. Can I take advantage of the one positive thing from this trait and rummage in the trash? If so, can I eat any food found? What about fruits and vegetables(I don't know if we can fish these out since I haven't played much with the trait)?

The general idea is that a large majority of the food in the world is contaminated. The challenge is intended to feel, at least initially, like everyone is going to starve. I'd say if things get really bad, you could have him rummage once but try to avoid it.

8.)On the Roles page it says that the teacher must cook using the recipes stated ingredients per serving, but Chef's can cook using the stated ingredients per 2 servings. On the Roles chart it says the Chef's reward is to create food at half the ingredient cost, but does not say what a Chef's normal ingredient cost is. On the Restrictions page it says the recipes stated ingredients make only two servings.
This sounds like the normal meal cost, the Chef meal cost and the rewarded Chef meal cost are all the same thing. Could you please clarify?

Sure. Teachers can cook but they use more ingredients than a chef. So let's take an example of a teacher, a chef (before lifting the restriction) and a chef (after lifting the restriction) preparing the same meal:

Fish Tacos: Normally a serving of 8 costs 1 fish and 1 vegetable. For this challenge, here is what would be needed to create those same 8 servings:

--Teacher: 8 fish & 8 vegetables
--Chef (restricted): 4 fish & 4 vegetables
--Chief (unrestricted): 1 fish & 1 vegetable

Obviously you don't have to make 8 servings at once, this is just a guide. If my teacher only had 3 fish and 3 veg, I could either make 3 single servings or make a serving of 4 and put one in the fridge for later if we get more ingredients. Obviously the game would only deduct 1 of each if I had a serving of 4 so I'd have to go in and get rid of the additional ingredients in my inventory.

If you do not have a teacher OR a chef, then you can only eat raw food as you do not have a stove in the house and no one else has a clue how to cook.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 8:43 AM
Just a heads up, I have a new challenge coming out called the surrogate mother. It is classified under Sims 3 but you can very easily do it in Sims 4 as well. When it's posted, I will put a link here.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 2:17 AM
Yeah, sorry about all the questions, I just wanted to make sure I understood everything before I got started even roles I didn't have...
I assumed as much about the lot traits, and I'm glad about the Ex-Marines BDR since he's the only role I got who comes with BDR. I rolled:
Ex-Marine
Biologist
Hippie Prepper
Lazy Bum(I went with the most expensive camping chair, since she can stash it in inventory)
Grumpy Old Fart
Leader
Not the best batch, but at least I got the Hippie and the Leader even if the Hippie does bring my all home BDR down to 3. I still haven't caught any fish or had any plants come in so will be looking at starving(they won't harvest or fish once they're hungry enough) if it weren't for what you said about seed packs. As it is I sold the extras to be safe, but I think I will buy some new ones(I always get the same thing anyways) and get rid of the equevelant of what I've already planted. That or restart. Which I might do because I think my save is somehow already corrupted before the first day of play. It keeps crashing right after I get in.
About food, I thought we could still make salads without the Chef or Teacher if we had the Hippie Prepper?
Anyways, thanks for answering my questions, I'll try to remember to get some pictures and I'm glad you liked the bit about the Housewife. It came out of confusion of how we were meant to get any breeding done, but it made sense to me once I thought of it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 6:56 AM
Yes, you can make anything that doesn't require a stove without a teacher/cook.

It's not a bad setup but not having someone who can prep hot meals is ROUGH. Are you walking around town looking for plants to harvest?
Field Researcher
#63 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 11:02 AM
Yes, you can make anything that doesn't require a stove without a teacher/cook.

It's not a bad setup but not having someone who can prep hot meals is ROUGH. Are you walking around town looking for plants to harvest?

Definitely. But only the immediate area so far and they aren't harvestable right away. By the end of the day only sage and carrots were harvestable. I'm going to travel somewhere tomorrow to fish and let plants progress in that neighbourhood too.
I did restart though and kept the extra fruits and veggies from the seed packs this time so I have something to eat to keep someone functional for harvesting and fishing. Plants should be harvestable tomorrow, and fishing skill is higher. I did catch a fish this time(well 2), but of course I can't cook it. That is unless we're allowed to buy a camp fire...
I'll use them for fertilizing in the meantime. Well as soon as my Hippie's skill is high enough.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 5:28 PM
Since you have a Leader I would go hard core on getting the post cards you need to recruit. You need to get a teacher/cook in there soon. I did the challenge without having to use a campfire; however, I always had a teacher or chef. Also, make sure you are doing your encounter rolls every time you leave your section of town. You might get lucky and find the cook.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 12:09 AM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 10th Dec 2016 at 12:51 AM.
Since you have a Leader I would go hard core on getting the post cards you need to recruit. You need to get a teacher/cook in there soon. I did the challenge without having to use a campfire; however, I always had a teacher or chef. Also, make sure you are doing your encounter rolls every time you leave your section of town. You might get lucky and find the cook.

That's the plan. Hopefully it works out for me. If nothing else I will hopefully get some more fruit and veggies in soon.
Test Subject
#66 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 4:23 PM
Default Heeeelp!

Ok, you answered to my 1) and 2) question, but the others? XD Anyone can help me?

1) One of my survivors is a Pro-Athlete. Ok, you gave me the static trait, but nothing else! This sim doesn't have a role, no goal, no reward, and no SR! :-( <-- ANSWERED
2) I have also an Ex-Con, but he doesn't have the Klepto trait... How can he reach is goal? (10 useful items to steal) :-( <-- ANSWERED
3) For the encounters we randomize every time we go out (loading page, of course). Ok. But for the events? You said that we could do every day, but what would be the standard? Two? Three? <-- (OMG, I realized now that "Every other day" in italian is "One day yes, one day no" XD... "Every other day" for us is like more "Every day but not the day we talked about few minutes ago" XD)
4) And last but not least... When you can say that you have won or lost the challenge? XD <-- Please answer to this! >.<

Sorry for my bad english :-(
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 12:04 AM
Sorry, I missed your other questions.

3) For the encounters we randomize every time we go out (loading page, of course). Ok. But for the events? You said that we could do every day, but what would be the standard? Two? Three? <-- (OMG, I realized now that "Every other day" in italian is "One day yes, one day no" XD... "Every other day" for us is like more "Every day but not the day we talked about few
minutes ago" XD)

Yep, I did a roll every other day

4) [U]And last but not least... When you can say that you have won or lost the challenge?
When I lifted all the the restrictions and felt like everying was stable.
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 5:17 AM
Eeee! I'm so excited for this challenge! I rolled useful-ism sims...

I have 2 sets of sibs, and 1 married couple.

I set my Hippie Prepper as the cook.

I also couldn't find the "old-fashioned fridge"... is that in a certain stuff pack?

Oh, and why is there a sink & mirror in the Biologist's lab?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 11:00 AM
Love your pics!!

Quote:

Only a chef and teacher can cook hot food, just fyi

Quote:
I also couldn't find the "old-fashioned fridge"... is that in a certain stuff pack?

I don't think so. Mine is black in color with a clear front door where you can see items inside. Looks old fashioned. If you don't have that, just pick the cheapest fridge you have.

Quote:

I took an abandoned clinic and converted it into my sims home base so Ieft odds and ends there to make it look like it used to be something else. The bio lab used to be an exam room lol. Someone else did a base as well that is awesome and available on the gallery. You are welcome to use that instead if you like.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tidesatmidnight
Eeee! I'm so excited for this challenge! I rolled useful-ism sims...

I have 2 sets of sibs, and 1 married couple.

Lovely! I thought about varying up my ages more like you did here, but wasn't sure if we were allowed to. Mine are all the young adults, except my Grumpy Old Fart.
I'm about five days in, and need to upload pics and do an introduction post soon, but I've been putting it off. Mine won't be as nice because, foolish me forgot and left my UI as hidden when I took pictures. I like how you did that though.

Oh, and if it helps "old-fashioned fridge" isn't the name. I think it does say something about "icebox" in the name or description though.
Test Subject
#71 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
Lovely! I thought about varying up my ages more like you did here, but wasn't sure if we were allowed to. Mine are all the young adults, except my Grumpy Old Fart.
I'm about five days in, and need to upload pics and do an introduction post soon, but I've been putting it off. Mine won't be as nice because, foolish me forgot and left my UI as hidden when I took pictures. I like how you did that though.

Oh, and if it helps "old-fashioned fridge" isn't the name. I think it does say something about "icebox" in the name or description though.

Hehe, thanks! Good luck with your intro post!
Test Subject
#72 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 6:43 PM
Love your pics!!

Only a chef and teacher can cook hot food, just fyi

Yeah, I know. I've just set him as the designated cook for now. Thanks!
Test Subject
#73 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 9:06 PM
Well, it's day 2.... I traveled to try and find some fish, and in the process I lost Will (a.k.a my handyman). He and Parker were so cute, too! But, he did have the "hates children" trait, which was a bit problematic, with Anata being there and all. :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 4:42 PM
Well, it's day 2.... I traveled to try and find some fish, and in the process I lost Will (a.k.a my handyman). He and Parker were so cute, too! But, he did have the "hates children" trait, which was a bit problematic, with Anata being there and all. :P

As I always say, the challenges I write are 100% changeable. No point in playing a challenge you don't enjoy. If you feel it's too hard, replace your handyman with a new sim as a cook. I wrote the challenge to make you feel like you weren't going to make it in those early days, but if it becomes too much of an exercise in frustration, modify it to suit your taste
Field Researcher
#75 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 11:51 AM

Over all, I've been pretty lucky with my rolls, but I feel your pain. I hate when a challenge roll messes with my group dynamic before I've really gotten to enjoy it.
Page 3 of 5