Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 6:15 AM
Default Sims 4 mods not working!!!
Recently I downloaded mods 4. They worked fine until I accidentally moved all my mods to trash. I put them back in mods folder, but they haven't worked the same since. They worked fine before, but not now. I have enabled mods in the settings and everything but nothing worked.
Anyone please help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 12:04 PM
Do you have the Resource.cfg file in your main Mods folder? Have you tried just with one or two mods back in the folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 11:56 PM
Thanks aldavor!!! no more need for any solution. Already solved- https://appuals.com/fix-sims-4-mods-not-working/
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th May 2020 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorthbison
Thanks aldavor!!! no more need for any solution. Already solved- https://appuals.com/fix-sims-4-mods-not-working/

When you removed your mods and added them back did they remove from existing characters? I need to sort my mods out but i dont want to have to do all my sims and houses again.
Scholar
#5 Old 24th May 2020 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmbaby
When you removed your mods and added them back did they remove from existing characters? I need to sort my mods out but i dont want to have to do all my sims and houses again.

Just to sort your mods you don't need to lose anything important
you just close the game, sort things out and open the game again..

if you're testing things or trying to find a broken mod and having to remove some mods, test and so on
what you do is simply do not save while testing.. you open the game, check stuff, and close without saving..
to be completely safe you can backup your entire Sims 4 folder (the one in Documents) by copy pasting it to your Desktop or any other safe location
then if you accidentally save while testing you can grab your save from the backup folder

otherwise, the game removes indeed everything that is cc and you took out
and depends of how many you've had you'll end up with bald and naked sims all over the place..
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 7:35 AM
Can anyone help me figure out how to use Discord?

I gave up on it because it is so danged user-UNfriendly. Can't remember my password although it recognizes my name.

This latest 3 June patch killed all of my saves. But curiously enough, I was able to start a new game afresh. Then an exception, which takes a "genius" to read in the first place.

Fastest way to contact me is through E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 6:16 PM
Thank you for the solution. I had the same problem