Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 8:34 PM Last edited by hawkeye : 15th Jun 2020 at 12:34 PM.
Default No Great Grandparents on Family Tree
Hi!

I've been playing a geneology of immortal spellcasters and have just reached generation 3. From Nico's POV, he can't see his great grandparents. From John's POV, Nico is visible as a great grandchild. The issue first appeared when Nico was a baby, and I thought it might fix when he aged up to a toddler, but no such luck. I even had Nico meet John but that didn't help. Abigal, the other gen 3 child was made autonomously through story progression/unplayed households can see the great grandparents, but Nico can't. I use MCC, if that makes any difference or has a possible fix. I have included screenshots. Any and all help is appreciated! Updated to include Abigal who can see them.

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:22 AM
I'm sorry to break it to you, but the relationship bit for great grandparents does not exist in this game..
there is also no relbit for second cousins, or inlaws, and so much more.. the game is really lacking on this part (among the rest).

and btw, if your previous generations never age you might wanna hit that Stop Random Flirting option in MCCC settings
or you might see things that you won't like.. like Nico's great grandma hitting on him when he gets older..
good job, EA.. as always!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:56 AM Last edited by hawkeye : 15th Jun 2020 at 1:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
I'm sorry to break it to you, but the relationship bit for great grandparents does not exist in this game..
there is also no relbit for second cousins, or inlaws, and so much more.. the game is really lacking on this part (among the rest).

and btw, if your previous generations never age you might wanna hit that Stop Random Flirting option in MCCC settings
or you might see things that you won't like.. like Nico's great grandma hitting on him when he gets older..
good job, EA.. as always!

Fair, I knew they didn't display in the relationship panel, I just found it odd on the family tree as Abigail (the other great grandchild from story progression who kinda just appeared) could see the great grandparents on her tree (I'd get a picture but it's nearly 1am here and I'm not on my PC)

Honestly though, the lack of other family relations is lacking. Thanks for reminding me to turn on that MCC option though, lol.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 11:24 AM
Wait, I take back what I've said, I was wrong
just checked my sim's family tree (which is usually broken to pieces due to having too many generations than what the game can handle)
and there is a great grandparent relbt, and beyond that it says Ancestor
not sure why it's not showing for you then

you could try with no mods after deleting the Localthumbcache file (in your Sims 4 folder) and see if something affected it maybe?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Wait, I take back what I've said, I was wrong
just checked my sim's family tree (which is usually broken to pieces due to having too many generations than what the game can handle)
and there is a great grandparent relbt, and beyond that it says Ancestor
not sure why it's not showing for you then

you could try with no mods after deleting the Localthumbcache file (in your Sims 4 folder) and see if something affected it maybe?

I updated to include the other screenshot of the other great grandchild (in all her crazy story progression glory lol). I'll have to give that a try :c

Aw, coffee, no
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 11:00 PM
https://modthesims.info/d/640612/no...amily-tree.html

Is this the type of problem you are having?

If the missing person shows on one tree but not another it's still there. I think if that sim was culled or their ghost set free (i'm having trouble that). you wouldn't see them from any relative's view? Have you tried using the grab tool to slide the tree around in the view window?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 11:27 PM
Seems it's been a problem for years? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor.../7287642/page/6

Post #44 gave this response: After hours of testing I figured out what's causing it. Using MC Command Center (or any mod) that forces a relationship that shouldn't be will eventually corrupt the family tree. If you can't make the connection in CAS, it shouldn't be set. It's like when you try to marry a sim and get the message “Marrying a sim in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship”. You can force this relationship with MCCC, but it will screw up the tree. My 5 year old save started getting missing portraits a couple of months ago. I wasn't sure what was going on. I tried to fix it with MCCC and failed. I then started a new save, imported my old sims and used MCCC to reconnect family members. After I edited a sim in CAS I got the same type of corruption. I thought it might have something to do with MCCC, so I started another new game. This time I made all the family connections through CAS and it worked perfectly, no corruption. Hopefully this info is of some help. If you want to rebuild your neighborhood, do it only through CAS.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, I use the MCCC relationship all the time. But I'm only on my 3rd Generation.. A little uneasy about putting in the 4th now.