Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#126 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 6:44 AM Last edited by BriMia : 4th Oct 2009 at 4:37 AM.
Default CH15 Something Old, Something New
Chapter 15 - Something Old, Something New

"Dirk, this is so awkward. Lilith is here," says Sydney feeling her former-best friend’s
eyes piecing at the back of her head. "Have you talked to her since our road trip?"

Upon spending time with Sydney Evans on their college roadtrip, Dirk Dreamer realized he
has a connection with Sydney that he felt was lacking in his relationship with Lilith Dreamer.

"Yeah, I told her sometimes a brother just prefers a blonde over a tomato head."

"That’s mean!"

"I’m kidding. She didn’t take it so well. Just give her time. She’ll
be okay. It’s not it was going to work out between us anyways."

"I hope so. I don’t want her to have a reason to hate me even more."

“What’s the beef between you two anyways? Weren’t you bestfriend?”

“Yeah. Girls drama, you know? I’ll tell you about it later,” says Sydney as she subtly changed the
subjects, "How is your dad doing? It must be hard seeing Cassandra with that Don Lothario person."

"He’s a little down. Ivy and I are trying to set him up on a blind date, actually," Dirk tells her.

"Oh, gosh. I wish you’d told me earlier! I know this match-making website that my mom uses," says Sydney.

"Come to my place tonight. My mom is out of town for the week with the
dude I set her up with on the website actually. He’s got a yacht!" she
continues. "I'm an awesome matchmaker. It's like a sport to me."

"Oh, you’re so cute," laughs Dirk.

"Oh you!" says Sydney mockingly. "Seriously though, we have the place to ourselves tonight."

She winks at the boy.

"Haha. Alright, alright. I get the hint."

"Oh Don, I’m happy for my father," Cassandra Goth says to her fiancé, "I’m glad he met Dina.
Ever since mom’s left, he’s been so gloomy. He wouldn’t talk to me for months."

Here she goes again, Don thinks. It’s not that he doesn’t love hearing Cassandra
talks on and on about her father. Alright, maybe it is. But for the past three months
of living with Cassandra, Don has realized how much he’s missed his single-playboy life.

But Cassandra has been so eager to speed things up with him that she’s already talking about
having a family. She even expanded his bachelor pad to occupy their future family, courtesy of
the Goth family trust fund. It’s not that he doesn’t appreciate the 3-stories condo equipped
with a 2-car garage and a mini garden, it’s all going too fast. He’s too young to be settling down.

Now is the time he wishes he has Nina Caliente. He’s driven the most beautiful,
lovable woman away. And for who? A shy, spoiled girl with daddy issue. He can’t handle this.
He’s too young to be getting married. He wants Nina back.

"Oh look, honey! The ceremony’s started," says Cassandra enthusiastically as the music begins to play.

Gosh, he misses Nina.

She's looks so vibrant. She can't be moving on from him already.

They have a whole history together.

I've made a huge mistake, Don thinks, as he and Nina
made eye contacts. The spark is no longer there.

And who is this Ryan guy anyhow? What does she see in him?

Hi! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. More to come in 20 minutes.

Read Pleasant People here
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#127 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 7:01 AM Last edited by BriMia : 28th Sep 2009 at 6:57 AM.
Default CH16 The New Mrs. Goth
Chapter 16 - The New Mrs.Goth

"Oh I'm the luckiest woman in the whole world!" Dina Caliente sighs.

Of course, her statement is not entirely true. Dina has worked hard to
get to where she is and she's got one dead ex-husband to prove it.

However, working for a wealthy man isn't something that she would want people to consider as a
job. She'd like for people to think that she is meant to be in the position she is now, purely by fate.

The town's had its doubt when she and Mortimer started dating. But that's
sure to change now that she's about to be the most powerful socialite around.

Contrary to what most people might think, money isn't really the reason why Dina is marrying Mortimer Goth.

It's much, much more than that.

She genuinely cares about him

...and his legacy.

"Till death due us part, Mortimer Goth," Dina Goth seals the deal as the crowd cheers for this celebratory event.

Next chapter will likely be on the Pleasant girls and the Broke. Stay tuned!

Scholar
#128 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 7:23 AM
!!!

Quite the update, if you ask me.
I've always felt that Dina may have cared a little tiny bit about Morty and bit less about his money
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#129 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 6:25 AM
i love writing about Dina the most. I love to put motive behind her actions since it seems like most people see her as a shallow 1 dimensional character.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#130 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 6:49 AM Last edited by BriMia : 30th Sep 2009 at 5:14 AM.
Default CH17 Unpleasant Pleasantry
Hello! This chapter contains at least 20 pictures but it shouldn't slow the
page down that much. In any case, you are warned. Happy reading!! <3

Chapter 17 - Unpleasant Pleasantry

-----Pleasant Household, Lilith's Room-----

"I can’t believe Dirk took Sydney to the wedding as his date!" Lilith
exploded the minute she and Angela settle in her room.

"He said he didn’t break up with ME because of HER!"

"Obviously Lil, the guy’s a liar,"

"And that bitch! I’m gonna take her boyfriend-stealing plastic
Barbie bitch face and flush it down a toilet filled with sh…"

"Lilith!" Angela interrupts. "You’ve got to calm down. No one ever solve
problems while they're angry. Why do you hate Sydney so much?"

"Hello?? Dumb twin over here! She stole my boyfriend!"

"Hey! First of all, who’s the dumb one? I get better grades than you okay?"

"Because you give all the male teachers blow j…"

"Hey! Why are we fighting?" Angela reminds her sister. "I’m on your side here. Now," she proceeds,
"I meant to say, I remember you two were best friends a couple of years back. Why do you hate her so much?"

-----Evans Household, Living Room-----

"I don’t know," Sydney Evans tells her new boyfriend, "Probably the fact that Lilith is a selfish little crybaby."

"Seriously. I want to know what the beef is between you two," Dirk Dreamer insists on finding out.

Sydney sighs, "Ugh. It’s because of you, Dirk… Well, mostly."

"Me?"

"Yes, you," she says, "Remember when you and Lilith first started going out?"

"I guess you and I were hanging out a lot. Late night studying for AP Bio, stuff like that," she tells him.

"Anyways, I guess Lilith felt like I’ve been spending more time with you than she is.
And I can understand her and all. What with your relationship being all new and everything."

"And I felt kind of bad you know. That I had been giving you hints ever since we met that I was interested."

"And you didn’t even see it."

"So I decided to distant myself from you and her, for good. I started hanging out with the people from school you know."

"But she was also mad that I took her threat seriously, thinking that I’d ditch her for the ‘cool group.’"

"I guess I can’t win with her right? Standing my ground and talk to you or leave
you both and go hang out with the ‘popular’ crew, she’d hate me either way."

"Why did you decide to talk to me again after all these years?" Dirk says.

"Because I’ve had enough of Lilith and her ways," she answers, "Plus, we’re seniors now.
I think we should be enough of a grown up to end all these silly dramas. Well, so I thought. And I didn’t know that I would start liking you again."

"I’m flattered," he smiles, "So how come nobody told me about this before?"

"Because neither of us wanted you to know. Lilith obviously didn’t want to seem like a jealous girlfriend and I…"

"Yes?"

"I didn’t want to admit that she was right." Sydney says, "I did like you, a lot, like I told you."

"Wow," Dirk tries to take all the newfound knowledge of his ex and current girlfriend. It was
obvious what the situation was. He just never paid enough attention to Sydney to realize it.

"Oh, I know! I seem like a creep, don’t I?"

"No, no, it’s not like that." Dirk reaches out to touch her hand, "It just hit me. I didn’t think anyone as beautiful as you are would like me."

"Aw, Dirk," she smiles as they both kiss.

"Now let’s find my dad a date, shall we?" he tells her, "Then after that we can do whatever you want."

Sydney Evans smiles at her boyfriend.

-----Pleasant Household, Lilith's Room-----

"Yeah, basically, that’s why we’re not friends anymore."

"That totally sucks. Do you think Sydney’s with Dirk to get back at you?"

"Probably. She probably uses her big stupid blue eyes and her bleached blond hair to seduce him. That whor…"

"You're toxic I'm slippin' under..." a familiar ringtone is heard from Angela's pocket.

"Hold on a second okay Lil?" says Angela as she push the answer
button on her phone, "Dustin, What’s up, love?"

"No way! Oh my gosh, that’s great news!" she replies, her eyes widen,
"Yes. I’ll be there right away. Thanks for letting me know."

"Bye love," Angela hangs up.

"What was that about?"

"It’s Mrs. Broke. She just gave birth to a baby boy!"

First thing first, Lilith's room is a tad bit different. haha. I got Apartment Life to work again and
I've been spending a lot of time redecorating stuff. And as I said before this chapter is picture
intensive. I just didn't know how to condense it or break it up. So sorry if it takes a while to load!
Please comment and let me know what you think of the story so far. I'd love to hear it.

Scholar
#131 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 7:36 AM
I never noticed how square-y Lillith and Angela's faces were before O_o

I'm dying to read more though. So keep at it :]
Scholar
#132 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 11:13 AM
Wow cannot believe I haven't been commenting
Forgive me luv

This is great as usual, I like how Lilith and Angela are getting along okay. And something about Sydney just seems off to me.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Scholar
#133 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 7:12 PM
I'd forgotten about this story until now. I was browesing through the stories and the title caught my eye. Half way through the first chapter I realised that I'd already read it.

I just started a new pleasantview a few days ago and without realising it I gave my Angela and Lilith the same hairs you did
It's my first time playing pleasantview with custom content and I'm amazed at how much more interesting the characters seem, when all I've done is give them new hair and clothes.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. I promise I won't forget about it again.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#134 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 5:33 AM
@Prosthetics: haha i don't see the square-y-ness at all! all i see are 2 white ovals.

and meggie, i kind of like them when they're getting along too unlike in most other pleasantview stories I've read. howeverrr, i don't really want to have angela and lilith get along TOO MUCH. I find that keeping them bickering at each other for little things entertaining.

and Gingerxyz, thank you for commenting! I'm so happy to know that you also discovered the story the second time around! and i tried a lot of hair one angela and lilith and i found that the ones they're wearing suit them the most for me. I always imagine lilith's hair color to be a bit artificially enhanced while angela's is more natural.

next chapter is coming possibly this weekend! and i must have said this 293284 times already but THANK YOU for reading and following the updates. it means a lot to me.

Field Researcher
#135 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 7:24 PM
Wow i missed a lot my bad. So yea i always thought the girls were so pretty i played them all the time but now i look at them and their faces seem sooo plain, oh well. Great updates.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#136 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 6:56 PM Last edited by BriMia : 4th Oct 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Default CH18 Club Brunch
Hi! First off, I renovated Nina's condo. The story line is supposed to be now that Dina renovated it for her sister,
now that she gets the moolah from Mortimer. I didn't mention that in the story but let's just pretend I did

Chapter 18 - Club Brunch

-----Le Magnifique! International Restaurant, Bluewater Village-----

"I am so disgusting!!!" Dina exclaims, "I’m bloated and I can’t stop eating pickles! I had a whole jar this morning! I’m a monster!!!"

"You’ve got to calm down, Dina. It’s not the end of the world," Nina says, "You’re gonna be fine. Right Brandi?"

"Uh huh, we’ll get through it together."

"Oh, guys! Don’t ever leave me!!"

"So how did Ryan take the news, Nina?" Brandi Broke asks her friend.

"Well, he was shocked at first as anyone guy would I figured. But I think he handled it well pretty well," she says,

"I told him that it might not be his baby and he understood considering the circumstances of how we met."

"But he’s going to be there for me no matter what. I mean, we’re madly in love
with each other. I don’t think it’s gonna matter to him if the baby is his or not."

"You’re so lucky you got yourself a guy like Ryan," says Brandi, wishing she was in Nina’s position.

"Have you told Don yet?" Dina says.

Nina twirls her fork on the plate of salad.

"Well?" Dina pressures her sisters.

"Umm," Nina stalls, "No?"

"Nina! How could you not? It’s possible that he’s the father, too!"

"I’m really happy with Ryan. I just don’t want anything to do with Don. He’s engaged to your step-daughter, Dina."

"Nina has a point," says Brandi, "You shouldn’t drag him into it if you don’t want to. Don Lotharios is bad new."

"I heard he’s doing that town-whore maid while Cassandra is away at the gallery," Dina whispers.

"I wouldn’t be surprised. Did I tell you he drunk-dialed me one night? He told me he loved me and that he can’t
live without me. Then he asked me to come over to his house while Cassandra was sleeping in the bedroom."

"Ugh, he is such a pig," says Dina with a scorned voice.

"Alright girls, it’s time for me to go feed Bryce. Dustin and Angela can only baby-sit for me for too long."

Broke Household, double-duty Dustin with Brandi's newborn, Bryce Broke

"Oh, I hope I’ll as good a mother as you are, Brandi," says Nina.

"And I hope I’ll be half as good a mother as you’ll be, sis," Dina smiles.

"Wait a minute. Girls, shhh!" Brandi sits back down as she rise from her seat, "Is that Cassandra Goth?"

"Oh my god, she’s pregnant!" Dina’s jaws drops.

The table automatically turns to Nina, and waits for a reaction from Don Lothario’s former flame.

"I don’t know what to say."

Scholar
#137 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 9:37 PM
PREGNANCY IS LIKE A VIRUS, AND EVERYONE HAS IT. This is an interesting twist! I should probably mention that I love the inclusion of the Broke's in this story. I don't know why, but they're my favorite family in Pleasantview ^_^
Field Researcher
#138 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 4:22 AM
Wow they're all gunna have babies. This is getting more and more interesting cant wait to see what happens.
Scholar
#139 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 9:44 AM
This is like in my hoods. Everyone gets preggers at the same time...

This should be interesting Great as always xx

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#140 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 11:53 PM
thanks you guys multiple unplanned pregnancies are the best.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#141 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 2:11 AM
I was going to post up chapter 19 today (my usual friday night posts). finished writing a couple days ago. just need to take some pictures. unfortunately i don't feel up to it. long story short. i lost my blackberry and a kid who found it said he'd meet me at a certain place to return the phone but he never showed up. plus he turned off my phone 10 mins after i hung up so my hope of getting it back is like zero. so now i have to deal with customer service on getting a new one. ugh. and my bio lab instructor is being anal and failing everyone left and right while other lab sections have a chill out TA who asks about kanye west in one of his quizzes. my life sucks. sorry for ranting. if i had my phone with me i'd do it to people who cares. hahaaa yeahhh.

so.. next chapter will probably be posted tomorrow. hope you guys have a great weekend. i know i won't

Scholar
#142 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 5:41 AM
Awww God, sounds like you're having a shitty time, I hope it gets better for you

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BriMia
Hi! First off, I renovated Nina's condo. The story line is supposed to be now that Dina renovated it for her sister,
now that she gets the moolah from Mortimer. I didn't mention that in the story but let's just pretend I did

Chapter 18 - Club Brunch

-----Le Magnifique! International Restaurant, Bluewater Village-----

"I am so disgusting!!!" Dina exclaims, "I’m bloated and I can’t stop eating pickles! I had a whole jar this morning! I’m a monster!!!"

"You’ve got to calm down, Dina. It’s not the end of the world," Nina says, "You’re gonna be fine. Right Brandi?"

"Uh huh, we’ll get through it together."

"Oh, guys! Don’t ever leave me!!"

"So how did Ryan take the news, Nina?" Brandi Broke asks her friend.

"Well, he was shocked at first as anyone guy would I figured. But I think he handled it well pretty well," she says,

"I told him that it might not be his baby and he understood considering the circumstances of how we met."

"But he’s going to be there for me no matter what. I mean, we’re madly in love
with each other. I don’t think it’s gonna matter to him if the baby is his or not."

"You’re so lucky you got yourself a guy like Ryan," says Brandi, wishing she was in Nina’s position.

"Have you told Don yet?" Dina says.

Nina twirls her fork on the plate of salad.

"Well?" Dina pressures her sisters.

"Umm," Nina stalls, "No?"

"Nina! How could you not? It’s possible that he’s the father, too!"

"I’m really happy with Ryan. I just don’t want anything to do with Don. He’s engaged to your step-daughter, Dina."

"Nina has a point," says Brandi, "You shouldn’t drag him into it if you don’t want to. Don Lotharios is bad new."

"I heard he’s doing that town-whore maid while Cassandra is away at the gallery," Dina whispers.

"I wouldn’t be surprised. Did I tell you he drunk-dialed me one night? He told me he loved me and that he can’t
live without me. Then he asked me to come over to his house while Cassandra was sleeping in the bedroom."

"Ugh, he is such a pig," says Dina with a scorned voice.

"Alright girls, it’s time for me to go feed Bryce. Dustin and Angela can only baby-sit for me for too long."

Broke Household, double-duty Dustin with Brandi's newborn, Bryce Broke

"Oh, I hope I’ll as good a mother as you are, Brandi," says Nina.

"And I hope I’ll be half as good a mother as you’ll be, sis," Dina smiles.

"Wait a minute. Girls, shhh!" Brandi sits back down as she rise from her seat, "Is that Cassandra Goth?"

"Oh my god, she’s pregnant!" Dina’s jaws drops.

The table automatically turns to Nina, and waits for a reaction from Don Lothario’s former flame.

"I don’t know what to say."

i cant wait for chapter 19! <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#144 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 7:07 AM
quick update.. the boy(who found my phone)'s dad contacted some people on my address book and my boyfriend was able to get the phone back. As you can probably tell my weekend has been kind of crazy so next chapter will probably be posted in the next few days. hope that's alright.

oh and as a bonus to all of you, i'm thinking about making mini-chapters consisting of just pictures of the houses of each character, kind of like virtual tours in between the real chapters. this way you guys get to know the characters better. and when i need more time to work on a chapter or something, you guys at least have something to look at. I'm pretty psyche about the idea. let me know what you think. <3

Test Subject
#145 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 9:06 PM
Hi..new reader here. I just want to say I love what you did with the characters...makes me wanna quit strangetown for a moment and pickup where i left off in pleasantview lol...although my angela and lillith are married and have kids, i wouldnt mind playing them again. Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 4:24 AM
Oh please post more!
Also one question: Where did you get the eyes and skintones?
Also is the eyes and skintones default replacements?
ALSO! I need the hair and make-up <3 thanks!
I'm kinda copying your story because im excited about it.
I even made Brandi a bakery, and moved her into a 3 story house x]
Thanks for the story and the inspiration you gave me to do a story like this!
Scholar
#147 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 10:01 PM
I love the idea of the mini-chapters!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#148 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 2:35 AM
@simgirl: I'm glad you're enjoying the story! I love the fact that new readers (okay, and all readers in general) are engaging in the story that I came up with off the top of my head

@Calishere: The eyes are from this website: (http://www.peggyzone.com/Object.htm..._00_00&member=2) as well as some makeup and of the hair. It's such a great site cosmetic stuff. The eyes aren't default replacement so I used SimPE to make them my default. oh and the skin colors are the defaults that came with the game

and thanks Gingerxyz! they're coming real soon.

Lab Assistant
#149 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 5:24 AM
oh i cannot wait till chapter 19! Also thank you!
Oh and don't worry im not gonna copy your story i just wanna use the stuff you use , hmm i nevered used simPE, heh i better learn how then x]
Mad Poster
#150 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 11:12 PM
lovely chapter, for some reason i do not like sidney at all >_>
Page 6 of 8