Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 2:16 PM Last edited by sam&skye : 9th Aug 2020 at 2:42 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Need some help with ACR
I set up ACR a while ago and stopped playing. Now I'm sure all my settings make perfect sense for my game the way I made them, but I can't remember what I did and how to use this mod properly. I hope someone understood it all well enough to help me.

Some things that confuse me:

- I thought there was such a thing as "risky woohoo". Under the ACR options, I only get a regular "woohoo" and "try for baby" option, and can't find a setting to change it.
Is risky woohoo just the regular ACR woohoo, if you don't have birth control enabled...? So tfb would be a bigger chance of pregnancy, and woohoo a smaller one, and if you don't want your sims to make any babies while you're getting snacks, you'd have to make them use birth control?

- what is "auto gender pref" and what happens when it's disabled or enabled?

I can't for the life of me find any thorough ACR documentation that explains all the options. There's the quick one in the archive when you download the mod, and some outdated info from version 1. If anyone has something like that, I'd be so grateful. I would've sworn it existed.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 3:10 PM
Start by showing a Sim's token.
You'll see their information which will include their percentage chance of getting pregnant from woohooing, including risky woohoo.
You'll also see their gender preference.

Auto gender preference will have the game assign gender preference when they become a teen - gay, bi or straight. It's awesome.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 2:13 AM
Dude. Your Risky WooHoo question feels soo familiar. I was curious about that myself.

Does having ACR installed make all regular WooHoo's risky? Which, if it does, great. That's what I was wanting. But I've been unsure if that's what's happening for not.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 2:49 AM
Risky woohoo is a setting you can set under I believe global defaults, which controls the chance that you get pregnant from regular non-TFB ACR woohoo. It doesn't cause regular EAxis woohoo to become risky.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 2:46 PM
I'ma sum up to make sure I got it all right:

- regular woohoo and regular TFB are untouched
- casual woohoo has a chance of pregnancy, unless you enable birth control for your sim
- casual TFB is the same as regular TFB, except the pregnancy chance is the one displayed when you do the "show token" thing, rather than the default one
- auto gender pref assigns a gender pref to teens, rather than the gender pref "developing" by how much you interact romantically with each gender

Right?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 3:11 PM
Okay, new confusion:

How about inteen - anyone know if they affect each other?
For example: If I use the inteen fertility treatment, will it be used for casual (ACR) TFB?
If I use the inteen birth control, would my sim be protected with the regular woohoo/fb interactions that inteen affects, or the casual interactions too?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 3:34 PM
Gender pref is still affected by actions that your sims take, the auto gender pref doesn't change that.
Alchemist
#8 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 7:13 AM
@sam&skye
Quote:
I can't for the life of me find any thorough ACR documentation that explains all the options. There's the quick one in the archive when you download the mod, and some outdated info from version 1. If anyone has something like that, I'd be so grateful. I would've sworn it existed.

Do read the documentation from Version 1. (available here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=19.0, on the main ACR page). Yes, some of the info is outdated, namely the stuff on assigning tokens and the exact pie menu names, but the information is still very relevant and helpful in explaining the mod's features. From all your questions, it sounds like reading the FAQ, Readme, and Adjuster Interactions docs would be very helpful for you. Once done with those, then go back over the quick notes from Version 2 to understand what updates were made.

As for your other questions:
- regular woohoo and regular TFB are untouched yes
- casual woohoo has a chance of pregnancy, unless you enable birth control for your sim yes, but there is still a small risky woohoo chance (see last question)
- casual TFB is the same as regular TFB, except the pregnancy chance is the one displayed when you do the "show token" thing, rather than the default one yes
- auto gender pref assigns a gender pref to teens, rather than the gender pref "developing" by how much you interact romantically with each gender Kestrellyn answered this, but yeah. ACR will assign a preference to all sims without one (you may have to manually give a token to some npcs like the landlord or head witch) but that preference can be changed & influenced by interactions with other sims. Basically, ACR is assigning a preference so that sim can initiate romantic interactions--sims without a preference set generally don't use romantic interactions autonomously.
-How about inteen - anyone know if they affect each other? ACR and Inteen are compatible, and work well together. You should probably update ACR's fertility curve however, because Inteen moves sims' fertility curve up, so without editing ACR, you may find it harder to conceive later in a sims' adult stage. But depending on your playstyle, this might not be an issue for you. If you'd like to look into that & want instructions for that, there's a link in my signature.
- For example: If I use the inteen fertility treatment, will it be used for casual (ACR) TFB? I believe so, but don't quote me on it cuz I never use the fertility treatment.
- If I use the inteen birth control, would my sim be protected with the regular woohoo/fb interactions that inteen affects, or the casual interactions too? Again, yes, I believe so, as I usually use Inteen birth control in my game. Just remember that neither Inteen nor ACR's birth control is 100% foolproof. If you want to make sure absolutely no one gets pregnant with birth control, you'll need the flavor pak add on from Inteen or, alternatively, you can set the sim to Cannot Get Pregnant on the ACR adjuster.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her