Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 4:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cleared Thumbnail file - how long a load time is normal?
I deleted my cache files and thumbnails.

I then went into CAS and was checked it out. All was well, with not much lag or load time until I selected adult male PJs.

Now it's been over 30 minutes and it's still thinking about it.

How much longer should I let it think before I force exit the game?
Men's blond & res hair were fine, as we're every day, formal and underwear. Had not got to looking at anything else before entering this never ending load.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 5:14 PM
That's not normal at all to be waiting for 30 minutes to get anything to load.I don't have that kind of loading time since it usually takes up to 30 seconds for CAS things to load and the same in build or buy modes.Loading my game up the first time is another matter because that can take up to 90 seconds if I cleared the caches before loading the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 5:31 PM
I shut down my computer and am trying again.

I'm going to look at male PJs last. Hopefully there's nothing suddenly wrong with my game.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 5:41 PM
I just gave my loading times for the game though it can vary and might be slower for others though the usual is that loading CAS,build or buy mode things shouldn't take more than a minute and some take up to five minutes to open the game to select the town they're playing which is what the average benchmark times are for most though mine are as stated above most of the time unless my hard drive need defragmenting badly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 6:12 PM
I'm thinking I actually have a different problem in my CAS that may have existed previously undetected.

I reset the CAS thumbnail and removed all default replacement items from my download folders.

It seems the problem is that I can only switch through so many CAS clothing screens before it freezes. So that's fun.

I can't say how long this problem has existed, given that I rarely go into CAS other than to reroll to avoid first-born syndrome.

I am going to have to load a vanilla game and see if there is still a problem. Not what I was planning on doing today
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 10:31 AM
Perhaps it’s a “bad” default or custom clothing? I would do the 50/50 method (and delete CAS thumbnails for every time you start the game) to find the bad file and delete it :-)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 10:58 AM
Deleted your thumbnail files as in "put them in the trash bin and didn't empty it" or did you empty the trash bin? If you didn't, the files are still there, and you may be able to put them back in and they'll work fine.

If you want your game to generate single thumbs, just shift-click it (I think? I always forget, it's some combination of shift or ctrl, and left or right-click) on the thumbnail. I think it works in both CAS and dresser/buy menus, plus the buy/build thumbs. Bad CAS items may crash your game if you try to fix their thumbs (don't regen any that look very broken), so make sure you save your game first...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you want your game to generate single thumbs, just shift-click it (I think? I always forget, it's some combination of shift or ctrl, and left or right-click) on the thumbnail. I think it works in both CAS and dresser/buy menus, plus the buy/build thumbs. Bad CAS items may crash your game if you try to fix their thumbs (don't regen any that look very broken), so make sure you save your game first...

Use Ctrl + right click to regenerate thumbnails.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 2:04 PM
^ Knew it was something like that!

(I always just try different combos of those four until it works, cause I can sincerely never remember even after having known about this trick for the past 7-8 years or so )