Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 4:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Teen Sims Won't Go to School/Bus Doesn't Show Up
Hi, sorry if this isn't how these are supposed to be formatted but this is my first time making a forum post. Please let me know if there's anything I should add/change.
None of the teen sims I have, either aged into a teen or from Create a Sim, go to school. The bus doesn't arrive to pick them up and there isn't any option to get them to walk or drive to school. I did manage to sell a teen I made in CAS with 'moveobjects on', save the game, exit it, and load the family again which finally let him walk to school but the sim I aged into a teen still doesn't have the option to do it after I tried the same process with her. There isn't even the notification telling me that the bus will be there in an hour. I know it's definitely corruption but I'm wondering if there's any way to salvage this besides having to delete the neighbourhood and remake the entire thing with SimPE? I've put a lot of time and effort into this save and I'm honestly disappointed the game is so easily corruptible I'd be really greatful if anyone could help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 4:20 AM
Make a backup and check without any CC if problem persists. If it is gone then problem is in your mods. It may be any outdated mod or mod conflict or mod what affects teens. Independent teens (game reads them as adult) don't go to school.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 4:29 AM
Do you have InTeen? IIRC this is a feature of that mod.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 1:01 PM
Other mods could also be affecting it, such as vacation mods or "walk to school" mods, or any of the sort. Usually a mod you don't think of.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Other mods could also be affecting it, such as vacation mods or "walk to school" mods, or any of the sort. Usually a mod you don't think of.

Yes this was happening to me too. A school bus wouldn't show up for my child sim no matter what. I didn't really mind but she wanted to get an A+ and I noticed her grades weren't dropping down either. So I decided to send her to school using the "walk to school" mod which I already had installed and after that the school bus began to show up.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

Yeah, that's what I had until I removed InTeen.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

If you do have Inteen installed, it might be a problem depending on which, if any, of the FlavorPaks of Inteen you have installed. Personally, I have been running Inteen for more than 15 years and have never had a problem with teens going to school either by bus or by walking.

I have the following FlavorPaks installed: BackToSchool, NoAdultTeens, NoAgeOfConsent, RiskyHoneymoon, RiskyRunaway, RiskySneakout and SilentPregnancy. If you do have Inteen installed and have the problem, then my guess is that the NoAdultTeens FlavorPak would likely correct it.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 11:14 PM
Sound like a mod issue, not corruption.

Make a backup and pull your CC. Can teens go to school now?

You may need to do a 50/50 search to find what mod is causing it, most times it isn't one mod alone but often the action of 2 mods clashing. Sometimes you can fix such an issue by changing the order the mods load othertimes you have to decide which mod you want the most.

As said above Inteen is one likely culprit
I think yellow pee by Pescado might be too (part of the directors cut)
and some mods don't play nicely with the Simlogical School system-although it doesn't sound as if you are using that.
If you have the trait system look over that as well, plenty of those clash with other mods as do mods by Simler90.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
If you do have Inteen installed, it might be a problem depending on which, if any, of the FlavorPaks of Inteen you have installed. Personally, I have been running Inteen for more than 15 years and have never had a problem with teens going to school either by bus or by walking.

I have the following FlavorPaks installed: BackToSchool, NoAdultTeens, NoAgeOfConsent, RiskyHoneymoon, RiskyRunaway, RiskySneakout and SilentPregnancy. If you do have Inteen installed and have the problem, then my guess is that the NoAdultTeens FlavorPak would likely correct it.

Sorry for the late reply, I only got around to responding now.
I installed the No Adult Teens flavour pak and it worked! I was aware that InTeenimater can give teen sims "adult perks" but I didn't know it was going to affect my game in this way so I assumed it was corruption. I probably just assumed the worst because I have worked so long on my save lol Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions! I'm glad I managed to fix it so easily and it wasn't caused by corruption.