Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 1:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Step by step instructions for a disc install
I have the Sims 2 Base Game and 14 expansion or stuff packs installed and working, but not really. I'm sure a lot of what I think I installed is not really installed. I have no shopping districts, no university, no downtowns, , only 3 hoods. Would someone please tell me step by step how to install expansion packs. Somehow when I think I installed them, I inadvertently uninstall. Don't be afraid to make it too simple, I'm 90 years old and think my brain has regressed a number of years.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 12:43 PM
Hi, do you have an option to add a University or downtown to one of your neighbourhoods? If not then it could be that your game did not install correctly. Are you using Windows 8 or 10? It may be that you need to use the Grumpy Loader if the game won't patch correctly. See here:
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...d=1#post4111566
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 1:23 PM
What Window version are you on?

Do you have enough room on your computer to install all the disks?
I assume you are installing to C drive? Computer> C dive. Check that to see how full it is.

Edit: I see you said on another post that you have plenty of room so you may need Grumpy Loader.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What Window version are you on?

Do you have enough room on your computer to install all the disks?
I assume you are installing to C drive? Computer> C dive. Check that to see how full it is.

Edit: I see you said on another post that you have plenty of room so you may need Grumpy Loader.

I have about 350 gigs on both C drive and D drive, it one TB SSD partioned. Space is not a problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi, do you have an option to add a University or downtown to one of your neighbourhoods? If not then it could be that your game did not install correctly. Are you using Windows 8 or 10? It may be that you need to use the Grumpy Loader if the game won't patch correctly. See here:
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...d=1#post4111566

I do not have an option to have a University, Downtown, Shopping Center, Vacation spot or anything else except 3 hoods, Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville, I have complete working games on a Windows 10 Laptop and another Windows 10 Desktop, only difference is this one is Windows 10 Pro, Trident 3 low form.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 2:47 PM
OK, I'll tell you exactly what I'm doing. Base Game is 4 disc, 1st disc 0%, but seems to be OK, 2nd, 3rd and 4th about 25 to 30 % each but finished OK. Quit and install update to base game. University is two discs, install both and when it comes up and says Wait, checking to see if installation is up to date, I shut down computer, then restart and add update to TS Bin folder. This doesn't seem right but if I don't shut down right after it quits loading it uninstalls the expansion pack. Do the same for the rest, don't have Pets and don't have 2 of the stuff packs, last is Mansion and Gardens Stuff Pack. Like I say, it is working but don't have a lot of things in my inventory that I should have but other wise OK, Miss the mirror that I can modify the face with and miss a lot of shopping centers and business districts. Only comment on the game is "You have uninstalled Bon Voyage"
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 6:40 PM
Try patching the basegame using the Grumpy Loader, then install each EP and patch (with Grumpy Loader) in turn.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...458#post4051458