Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 1:17 PM Last edited by CrystalFlame360 : 16th Aug 2020 at 1:24 AM.
Default Why is my SimPE Running Slow / Not Doing Anything?
Okay, I don't know if I'm even going to get help on this issue, but it's worth a try.

So recently I had installed the HoodChecker and SimPE in an effort to keep one of my main custom hoods healthy. HoodChecker is great and isn't what my issue is about; it works well and brought a lot of odd issues to my attention, such as sims having an invalid relationship with themselves.

I backed up before using it, don't worry.

My issue lies with SimPE and how slow it is. I can't really do anything with it. The only thing I do is load my Neighbourhood using the neighbourhood browser and when I go to do anything else, such as Browse Sims, look at Sim Relations, and pretty much anything, it will be stuck loading indefinitely. I only wanted to look through my 'hood for abnormalities underneath the surface and clone a few sims for future 'hoods, but it won't do anything.

The longest I waited was 40 minutes, and I doubt that's normal. I had to go to bed at some point in the night. And my computer isn't slow either, so I don't know what the issue is.

I've tried loading other 'hoods and it's the same thing, so it's nothing to do with the 'hood itself.

I tried looking it up online and I found nothing with the exception of an older Mod the Sims thread about the same issue, or at least I think it was the same issue. The TC got a reply with a link to the SimPE forum, which my tablet and computer won't let me on, because it's unsafe. When I am able to get onto it, it's a dead link saying that the server is nonexistent, or something. Anyhing to do with the official forum I can't get onto.

So, I'm sat here in the dark not knowing if this is normal for the program, or if I've installed it wrong, or what?

I'd appreciate any help here.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 10:45 PM
It's a known issue, the filetable can take a long time to load with all EPs and SPs. What I do is to load SimPE in localmode, and then load the filetable manually if I'm going to make CC. In localmode you can still browse and edit neighbourhoods and package files, but without all of the object data from the game files being loaded to memory. Make a shortcut to your SimPE executable, and add -localmode at the end of the target to boot into localmode.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 1:23 AM
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I simply just installed the 0.72 version and that works much better. I will definitely keep this in mind when I have to upgrade, though.

Thank you, again!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...