Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 5:09 AM
Default The Diary of Annie Harmon *Updated - 5/6/09 :)*
"The Diary of Annie Harmon"

Dear Diary,
You were a late birthday present from my aunt. Quite a pointless gift in my opinion, as I hate to write. None-the-less, as for now, if I want a way to spill my thoughts, then I am stuck writing in you.
You should know straight up that I hate my life, and I hate my mother. She's a real piece of work. Some times I wish that she would just give me up for adoption, or let me run away. I want out! She moved me to this new town, Trout Harbor, and I hate it. I mean, come on, who in their right mind wants to live on a freakin' island year round . . . I HATE THE BEACH. But, it's not like I had many friends in my old town, but atleast I knew who everyone was, who to talk to, who not to, and who talked about me behind my back . . . pretty much everyone. She said that she moved because the new house was too good of a deal to pass up. Don't let that fool you. She moved because she has a suicidal train-wreck for a daughter. After my sister was killed in a drive by, I have not been the same.
Again, my 'B' of a mother doesn't say it, but, I know she blames Kellie's death on me. Had I not been at that damn club at one in the morning, Kellie would have still been at home. Maybe I was suppose to die. Sometimes I wish that I would have been the target . . .
-x. Annie

**Credits to the wall mural go to: Deatherella, here on s2c!**

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
#2 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 12:38 AM
I loved your story cill! It was fabulous! Way to go!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 1:48 AM
I like it! I wanna know what happens next :D
#4 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 2:52 AM
this sounds good! i cant wait to read the next chapter! loving it already!
Inventor
#5 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 3:22 AM
I'm intersted in this. (wow, jewa. great spelling) Keep going!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 4:55 AM
Great start here! Your character is very pretty too, I love the lip piercings..it makes me connect to her a bit more (I've got my lip done, but not snakebites)

Keep it up
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 5:06 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragments but I won't have the next chapter up until tomorrow afternoon when my friend goes home

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
#8 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 5:44 AM
This sounds very promising I hope you continue!
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 6:36 AM
This is excellent so far.
Poor Annie, I can totally relate to how she's feeling. Can't wait to read the next update.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 2:19 AM
Default 2nd Diary Entry
Dear Diary,
Been 3 days now, since we first moved in. I've managed to stay put in my bedroom in the basement; it's the only place I feel comfortable. My mother is always coming down constantly, and it bugs me to death - one day, you might can take that literaly.

I spend most of my time just thinking. Thinking about how I've gotten to be where I am now. Why am I as I am? I'm different then most people, and stick out like a sore thumb. If I could have chosen what life to live from the get-go, it wouldn't have been this one. I really do hate my life, I say it, and I mean it.

Can you actually believe my mother told me to go out and get some sun today? Sun? Is that what I really need; sun? Of all the things in the world to worry about, I think that the color of my skin is the least of everybodies concerns. Of course, once I put on the horrid swim suit she bought for me, I didn't want to go out and be seen it it. I don't like the way I look in bathing suits, which may be one reason I hate the beach. Had I've went, I'd been faced with a hundred preppy jocks playing volleyball in skimpy things that barely classify as clothes. I'm smart enough to realize that unless I want to get in a load of legal trouble, that I'd better stay put in my graceful dungeon. And so, I spent my afternoon in the shade of a windowless basement, only soaking up the single 60 watt bulb that hung above my chair.

My 'fabulous' day concluded with a visit from some random neighbors. I, of course, didn't want to meet a single one of them, however, if I wanted to live to see another day - which I'm not so sure I really wanted to do - I had to go greet them, atleast. Oh yeah, it didn't go to slick, ofcourse. There's something I really hate about posers who try to 'relate' to you in some way, and mistakingly get caught up way to far in business they don't need to be in. I, fed up, proceeded in throwing iced water on her, and returned, again, to my basement paradise, where I remained the rest of the night, whilst writing this . . .

-x. Annie

Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 4:47 AM
Great update! I see a lot of myself in the character (more the not-fitting in, not the suicidal aspect luckily)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 10:53 AM
^ agree

Annie reminds me of myself in many ways. Except for the "my mom's a bitch" part, I only feel like that when she's throwing a fit on me for no reason :p

And I'm not that suicidal. I just feel like it sometimes.
Inventor
#13 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 12:13 PM
i love this story. your style of writing is really great. Poor Annie... I hope she gets a boyfriend. That might clear up some of the suicidal thoughts, hmm?
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 2:00 AM
Thanks for the comments you all, whom read this I plan on getting a third entry up soon, maybe even tonight!!

#15 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 12:35 PM
This was great. I think it will show a great moral in the end. Keep up the great work. And I can relate as well. My mom can be a B but sometimes she has her moments where she will have my back always. But sometimes i feel the need to jump out my window.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 1:14 AM
Default Diary Entry 3
Dear Diary,

Life has been going steady for the past three days. I have had time to conform a little more to my surroundings, in hopes to fit in - a little. Of course, I'll never be "one of the girls" or anyone's girl friend, I doubt. No matter though, that kind of stuff doesn't matter to me, even though it's all my mother seems to worry about. It's like she wants to jump into my body and get my life back on the right track, and fast.

I decided to go check out the theatre accross the street. The movie sucked, but, it was kinda nice to be out on my own - even though, as I've said....it was just right across the street. That was probably good though; I lost any and all driving prevleges back at our old home......long story, and so, I was able to just run across the road, and ta-dah, there.

And also.... I had a drank at the bar beside the theatre. Ok, it wasn't alcoholic, not like I haven't had an alcoholic beverage before though It was some sorta island punch. Supposedly it is a Trout Harbor signature drink - I, however, thought it was rather nasty, and don't plan on drinking another any time in the near future. I might be inclined to pull out my fake ID next time I go there, so I can get some real drink; instead of that filthy, seems like they drained liquid from a dumpster, island delicacy.

I also hit up a rather interesting conversation with this woman. I can't remember her name, don't even think I cared to ask. None the less, she seems like a twisted character, and that there is more that meets the eye. This doesn't really matter though, I doubt I will ever see her again. If I do, though, I might pick up another convo with her, and find out what she is hiding. Ha, look at me, playing "Inspector Gadget". I am so outa character here, I think that this island community is rubbing off on me. Ugh. I really don't wish to be part of some tight-nit environment, because then that gives people reason to pry into your business....and I don't want anyone in my business.

I went back, yesterday, in hopes to find some new clothes. I'm not a big shopper, nor do I like to run into a surplus of preppy clothes. And trust me, here on this island, about the only thing one can purchase is shorty-shorts, bikinis, tank tops, and flipflops. Heck, that's all everyone, well, all girls, wear. But, I did manage to put together a decent looking outfit using two differnet shirts, a black one, and a green one that had stuff written on it. The color is a little "out there" but, I guess that if I wait awhile before wearing it out in public, I'll get used to it. Who knows, it might help me look halfway normal in the eyes of haters....maybe then I can get a little lead before they come chasing after me to beat me down. They should be worn though... you don't beat me down, unless I totally fail at beating you up.

Until next time,
-Annie-

Forum Resident
#17 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 3:53 AM
Cute update, short but sweet.
Just a tip though, before you upload your pictures you might want to crop out the icons at the top. Things like that and Plumbobs seem to be a no-no..it breaks the illusion of the story, to me anyway.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 8:48 PM
yeah, danirawr - For the longest time I used the in game camera, but, for a while now I've been using screenhunter, but I always forget to put the game in options mode or press tab... and then I don't ever notice it until I post them up here... and by that time, I'm just too lazy to go back in and correct it, lol.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 9:51 PM
Hey great story! Looking forward to reading more and see where this story goes :]

Am Back and its Time to get BittersWeet xoxo
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th May 2009 at 1:24 AM
Default 4th Entry
Dear Diary.

Been a long while since I last wrote ya.
Loads of crap has been going on these past few weeks. The atmosphere that I imediately fell in a hate-hate relationship with, has begun to change me a little.

I'm a lot less depressed and suicidal then I have been in a long time, or atleast it seems that way to me. I've really tried to venture out in town a bit, and I even went to the beach: one time. However, I was correct about the beach, and don't think that I will be going back there for quite some time, if I ever do. Everyone stared, and it was really hot, seeings how I didn't have a bathing suit on: like I said, I don't like my body in bathing suits. yuck.

I have even settling down up stairs also. Though I still prefer my downstairs sanctuary, I have found that the furniture upstairs isn't that bad either. Infact, I had quite fun screwing up the sofa the other day when my mother was out! I don't think she has noticed the scuff mark I left on the armrest: yet!

And speaking of my mother, she has became a little less [w]itchy lately. I think that she is seeing some sort of effort on my part, and is trying to just accept me for who I am. Heck, she might as well, because though my attitude may change a little, I seriously doubt that my entire character will change; or atleast I hope that I dont' change identities completely.

We play occassional games once in a while. I like to choose more active, play-violent ones. For all the months of torcher I faced from her, it feels really nice to smack the doggone sh.t outa her with a pillow! She thinks it's just a silly little fun game. I think it's much deserved payback.

-X. Annie

Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th May 2009 at 2:20 AM
sorry everybody for accidentally having the action icon visible... I always forget about it, and don't notice it until it's posted on here.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 7th May 2009 at 2:47 AM
great update! i suggest taking screenies with a C button :D