Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 4:23 PM Last edited by spK : 21st Jan 2010 at 4:40 PM.
Default Grow up perfect with 1 parent, who is hateful and negletful
Introduction

OK, the story so far is this. Your father seduces/cons a female townie and moves into there house. Female Townie gets pregnant and has your sim. She raises your sim to childhood with all the love and compasion she can possibly give you, which enrages your dad as you are getting in the way of his gold digger plans. On your first day of school, you come home to find your mother is gone. She died although you aren't told this.

Summary
Raise a child from day one of childhood till day one of adult, normal lifespan, without any help or interference from anyone else, with the only adult in the house a hateful neglecting monster.

Settup
Create a male sim with traits that encourage making life difficult for other sims. Evil, mean spirited, slob, hot headed etc.
Marry him to a towny, for story purposes the richer the better.
If towny has a family, they need to go, it needs to be only you and your chosen wife.
Have a sim with her, any gender and name it what you will.
Raise kid to child (or cheat age him up, its irrelivent)
On day one of school, kill or imprison mother any way you wish. MOTHER MUST NOT HAVE FURTHER CONTACT WITH CHILD, EVEN VISUAL. Child must never see tombstone or ghost of mother.
Remove all forms of entertainment from the house asside from your bedroom, and lock the door
Child gets given the worst quality single bed in the house. No tv, no computer, no games, toys, telescopes, bookcase, kids stuff, stuffed toy, easel etc etc etc are allowed.
Only things child should have access to is his own bed, the fridge, table and chair, toilet and bath/shower

From this point on you will no longer control the adult sim in any way other than to save his own life in case he does something stupid like refuse to eat.

Rules
Game must be set on HIGH free will

Father doesnt care what you do unless it affects him. If you are caught after curfew you will be grounded for 1 week, so you better hope your toilet/shower isnt broken

Father is not to repair any broken items that the child could possibly get access to. If the toilet breaks it stays broken, so I suggest you give your adult sim an ensuite

Father will prob cook group meals even though he should be at max dislike for the child. Child is NOT to eat this food at all, let it go bad.

Child has to maintain a clean home. Obviously you cannot do anything about puddles created from broken items until you learn to fix them yourself.

Child is NEVER allowed to call any services

Fridge is not allowed to be stocked with fruit for child, nor is anything like that allowed to be lying around. If a child wants fruit he has to go elsewhere to find it

Father is not to be on good terms with child at all, which will cause the father to occasionaly abuse/harass/interupt the kid. You are not to clear anything father does from childs action queue

Child must get on honor roll within 1 week, and remain there there until adulthood.

Child cannot buy from buy mode, nor can anything be bought for him from this mode.

Every single thing in childs inventory is turned over to father apon ariving at home, minus schoolwork of course.

Child can ONLY spend money he has earned since leaving the house that day. When he arives home, anything he has left, as well as anything he has bought is turned over to father.

Child is never allowed to visit friends houses, nor are they allowed to visit him. If child brings home a friend, child must get rid of it before father sees it

NO CHEATS, HACKED OBJECTS, OR SPECIALLY SET UP COMMUNITY LOTS ARE TO BE USED.

Child MUST complete his life time wish before reaching adulthood
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spK
Child MUST complete his life time wish before reaching adulthood
This isn't actually physically possible in most cases: Most LTWs are not completeable without access to adult options. Other than that wrinkle, this is pretty much how I already do things. :P

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 6:16 PM
Quite a few life time wish's are possible before becoming an adult

Swimming in Cash (would be hard as you would have to make that in one day)
Become chess legend
Culinary librarian
Golden tongue/golden fingers
Heartbreaker
Illustrious Author
Master of the Arts
Perfect Mind/Perfect Body
Renaissance Sim
Professional Author (maybe, you would have to use library computer)
Super Popular
The Tinkerer
Visionary

Some of these would be hard as hell, though quite a few easily doable
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 6:21 PM
no they aren't
not if you arent allowed to use a computer, easel, chessboard, ect.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 9:35 AM
i ;ike it... i might have to give it a go
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 11:27 PM
You can use a computer at the library, you can use the chessboard in the park, and you can use an easle at any friends house that has one, you just cant make a house with stuff just to assist you, you gotta use whats already there.

And of course, you arent allowed to take any of this stuff home, or buy it for home unless its locked away from your sim
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 7:07 AM
iv been playing this (but i kind of changed you rules soz, i decided to make a really evil sim and he has "locked" mum in the basement. I have taken sum pics but i dunno how to upload them!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 7:12 AM
Oh and i have a couple fo questions! can we pay bills by the button thing that comes up or do we have to let the repoman come? and whats the consequence if dad sees a friend that comes home? And since at worst the child will be on neutral terms with the dad by the start of the challange, how do we sort that out?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 12:06 AM
In mine I used the dad to harass the kid constantly till it was lowest it could be, as for bills that was the dads job because the kid didn't own anything but 1 bed.

If the dad meets one of your sims friends your grounded, so if it says your bringing home a friend just cancel the bus ride home
Theorist
#10 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spK
You can use a computer at the library, you can use the chessboard in the park, and you can use an easle at any friends house that has one, you just cant make a house with stuff just to assist you, you gotta use whats already there.

How can we use an easel at a friend's house if our sims aren't allowed to visit friends' houses?

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 2:38 AM
What was the child suppose to eat? only quick meals, or does he have to survive on the food he gets from school?

Swimming in Cash, how would do this? marry a rich sim on the second you become an adult?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 1:17 AM
you can visit friends, they cant visit you, and you cant bring them home. your dad doesnt care what you do so long as it doesnt affect him, if you were to spend all day out it doesnt matter

The child can make money and buy apples, or harvest items and eat, or steel picnic baskets from the park

as for swimming in cash, as I said above, it would be hard but if you made all that cash in one day you could do it, writing and painting make good money, though you would have to have fished up a ton of life fruit or something to live long enough to get good enough that you could get high enough quality paintings, so I wouldnt recomend it
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
What was the child suppose to eat? only quick meals, or does he have to survive on the food he gets from school?

Swimming in Cash, how would do this? marry a rich sim on the second you become an adult?

It would actually be quite easy. When you're a teen find yourself a girlfriend then propose when you get to adult.
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyJS
It would actually be quite easy. When you're a teen find yourself a girlfriend then propose when you get to adult.

But then that negates one of the main goals of the challenge: completion of LTW before adulthood, assuming this includes YA stage.

If the sim in question is to achieve 'swimming in cash' via marriage, the sim cannot marry until they have their teen->YA birthday. Yet the challenge ends when the sim is no longer a teen, so marriage techniques will not work.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 7:45 AM
if the household has enough money to swim in cash it will satisfy that lifetime want for the child
Banned
#16 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:52 AM
Question: Is the father a stay-at-home dad, or can he go and get a job?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 8:03 PM
Father has no job. He married rich and killed his wife, now he just sits at home slowly destroying the house and wealth he "earned"
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 12:01 AM
That sounds like a real fun and challenging task, I might give it a try even if its barely impossible.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 3:07 PM
This is actually a challenge I think I can get into. However, I am going to refine the rules a bit. I want it to be difficult but also something that can be done. For example, I'll only have the child able to skill at community lots, without modifying those lots in any way. I'll also give him or her a curfew because the father, although he hates the child, will be controlling. That way he or she only has a minimal amount of hours in the day outside of school to learn particular skills. I won't allow him or her to harvest any food. He or she can only eat at the diner using money he or she makes from collecting bugs at the main city park. I hope this is hard enough.

I can't wait to get started!
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 7:56 AM
This sounds pretty epic. I also had the idea to 'lock up' the mother. But with the same setup as the child. That way there's no chance of a ghost mom ruining the challenge yet she gets the brunt of it as well. Then the dad having this huge suite of rooms with tons of cool stuff, but it's all locked up. And of course, Daddy Dearest has the only key. =O
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 4:46 AM
Technically...there's YA and then adult, so would you consider completing the LTW before adulthood as YA or Adult?