Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 7:19 AM
Default The Challenging Challenge
So, I was sitting at my computer thinking about Sims and what I could possibly do to make it more entertaining, more...challenging. And that's when it hit me: the most challenging challenge is a challenge that's challenging.
In other words, The Challenging Challenge.
The Challenging Challenge is a legacy challenge sorted into 6 generations with 6 different themes, all of which I can assure you are very challenging. And starting the challenge is really very simple.
Just like in almost any other legacy challenge, create two YA sims, one male and one female, with any appearance or traits you wish. But keep in mind this challenge is meant to be challenging, so consider giving your sims traits that contradict their goals, to make it even more challenging. The sims you create should preferably be married, but, on the other hand, you might want to marry them later on for an extra little challenge.

GENERATION 1: The Amature Farmer
Your sims have just moved in to persue their lifelong dream of becoming a farmer, and in their excitement, they forget to read all warnings or ask for any advice. They go to the supermarket and buy 25 apples, 25 grapes, 25 lettice, and 25 tomatos. Together your sims spend the next two days planting all their new crops, until no less than 100 crops are planted on your lot.
THE GOAL: Keep all 100 plants alive as long as possible, and every time a plant has wilted, replant it immediantly.
EXTRA CHALLENGE: Feeling as if they don't have enough help, your misguided farmers are sure that having a lot of children will make it so much easier. Have at least six children.

GENERATION 2: The Money Waster
Now that your sim has finally turned eighteen, they are desperate to get as far away from that farm as possible. They move out of their parents' house immediately. Unfortunately, it turns out that it's not so easy to survive on your own, especially after spending so many hours missing school to help out on the farm. No job will hire you, and your household funds are at zero. But there's no way you're going to move back there!
THE GOAL: Mooch and steal your way through life. If you run out of money, sell your furniture. It's better than moving back with Mom and Dad!
EXTRA CHALLENGE: It's pretty obvious that the best way to get money is to eat out a lot and marry the unemployed! So what if you lose your house in the divorce, or your ex-spouse won't pay child support? It's all worth it anyway!

GENERATION 3: The Womanizer/Manizer
Seeing Mom and Dad struggle to survive on the street really inspired your sim to make something of themselves. Immediantly, they join the Business career...only to find that their boss is REALLY hot. (WARNING: same sex romance most likely required)
THE GOAL: Have a romantic interest with your boss and all of your coworkers.
EXTRA CHALLENGE: You obviously don't expect to stay in your relationship with your boss, so either give them the boot or just stop working with them, and start another career. How many bosses can YOU schmooze?

GENERATION 4: The Horrible Foster Parent
After hearing about Mom or Dad's many affairs, and Grandma and Grandpa's struggles, your sim has suddenly found it in their hearts to give unfortunate kids what they never had: a loving home. It's not like it takes all that much work, right?
THE GOAL: Adopt three kids and have three more of your own. Don't feed them or help them with their homework, and the only job you can get is the Daycare profession if you have Generations.
EXTRA CHALLENGE: Once you have at least one teen, kill off your foster parent. Make your teen take care of all the kids.

GENERATION 5: The Ghost
Maybe it was because of your horrible parent, foster or real, or maybe it was because of your low self-asteem, but somehow, one of your sims have starved themselves to death. Now, your sim is determined to bring them back to life, and there's only one way to do that.
THE GOAL: Maximize your cooking, gardening, and fishing skills and earn enough money to make Ambrosia. Don't accept the opprotunity from the Science Facility.
EXTRA CHALLENGE: Join a very hard career and maximize it while you're trying to learn the skills. Add in other complicated distractions, like boyfriends and girlfriends, children, and maybe even your own death!

GENERATION 6: The Genderphobic
Nobody knows how or why, but somehow, your sim is absolutely terrified with whatever gender is not their own. They've got to stay away from them at all costs!
THE GOAL: Give your sim a profession like Politics that requires talking to people, but whenever they encounter a sim of the opposite sex, they must first woo-hoo with them, and then lock them up and starve them to death. (Pregnant sims will stay alive until they have the baby.)
EXTRA CHALLENGE: Are you crazy? Do you have any idea how many sims of the opposite gender you're going to have to kill already???

So there you have it. Six generations of The Challenging Challenge. To be honest, I don't know if generations 3-5 are as challenging as they could be, so PLEASE offer suggestions for the challenging challenge!!!! The more challenging The Challenging Challenge gets, the closer it becomes to becoming the most challenging challenge!!!!
And let's face it, we all want a challenging challenge every once and a while.

Oh, and for an extra challenging challenge, absolutely NO cheat codes of any sort regarding money or testingcheatsenabled true. Mods are also not considered very challenging. And PLEASE don't make your sims celebreties, because they get free stuff which gives them money which is NOT very challenging.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:54 AM
I'm not looking for a challenge this challenging, but I do see one potential problem: How do you prevent becoming famous? I think getting a high enough relationship with even one celebrity has at least a chance of making you one, too. Which means in generation 3, if you have any famous bosses or co-workers, you get famous. In generation 6, if you run across any celebrity of the opposite sex, you have to build enough of a relationship to woo-hoo with them, and then you're famous. Good luck never meeting any opposite-sex celebrities in the Sim's adulthood. And I don't think you can even fade into obscurity; once you're a celebrity, you stay that way.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 1:19 AM
There are mods which make it harder to reach celebrity status, or disable immigration of celebrities (so if you start in a town that has no celebrities by default, you shouldn't encounter any). Anyway, I think I'm going to try this sometime, sounds fun :D.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice that mods aren't allowed. Still think I'm gonna try this, but not without AM. Enduring EA story progression might be a tad too challenging even for me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 6:55 AM
I did think about the celebrity problem. And I agree, preventing it from happening is almost impossible. (Once I had a one-star celebrity marry another one-star celebrity and then they both became five stars.) But just try to avoid it as much as possible and ignore all your free stuff. And, now that I think about it, if you're a celebrity and do something scandalous, that could make it more challenging!
(Am I saying the word 'challenging' too much?)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 9:37 AM
LOL You're insane! ROFL I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Wish I played legacy challenges, but I'd rather build.

Still, this would be challenging...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:01 PM
True, usually when I get accidental celebrities (been happening a lot since I started playing Barnacle Bay), I simply ignore all the free stuff they're sent and leave it in the family inventory... usually they don't even have room for it in their houses . But there's still no way to prevent random discounts at the diner, bookstore etc.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 11:28 PM Last edited by Elanorea : 15th Jul 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Anyway, I started this challenge now. My farming couple are Eric and Madeline Scott. Madeline is Adventurous, Athletic, Childish, Clumsy and Dramatic, while Eric is Inappropriate, Neurotic, Workaholic, Couch Potato and Can't Stand Art. I moved them into the biggest lot in Riverview and they have 115 plants growing at the moment. So far they've had two kids; Michael is a toddler and has the traits Excitable and Genius, and Vivian is a baby and is Athletic and Friendly (traits were assigned automatically). Both kids have imaginary friends as well. I'm having a lot of fun with this so far :D. Here's a couple of pics:

ETA: Just a question though, does the heir have to be the oldest child in the family?

Update: Generation 1 is done! I chose Michael to be the heir and made him a Kleptomaniac (obviously), he also became Absent-minded and a Loser. At the time he turned into a young adult, there were 141 plants growing on the lot and the family had five kids with a sixth on the way. Now Michael's moved out, with nothing but the clothes on his back, his imaginary best friend Rags and a really dorky hairdo.

Michael as a young adult celebrating his IF's birthday
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 7:10 AM
Aw, Michael's so cute! I can't wait to see how he does on the streets!
The heir doesn't have to be the oldest if you don't want it to be. In fact, it being the youngest might make it more challenging!!!! But whichever kid is your favorite (and best-looking) should probably carry on the legacy. Whichever unfortunate sim encounters the next generation of challenges is up to you!!!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:00 PM
I haven't spent a lot of time on this challenge lately, so Michael's only about halfway through the young adult stage. I chose him to be the heir partly because he was the oldest, but also because Vivian had too many "good" traits - friendly, athletic, family-oriented and brave, which I didn't think fit this generation, and I didn't particularly care for any of the younger kids.

Anyway, Michael's modus operandi is simple - he befriends gullible old folks around the neighbourhood, then steals their stuff. He also spends a lot of time rummaging through trashcans - after all, one man's trash is another man's treasure! He still doesn't have a proper house, so he mostly lives in the neighbourhood park, where he can make use of the grilling facilities. I'm planning to have him marry his imaginary friend, so he's searching for a method to make her real - the trashcan rummaging is part of that, since you can sometimes find rare gems that way, but he's also improving his logic skill so he can make the potion if he doesn't manage to find a rainbow gem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 6:54 AM
That's so awesome! I didn't know you could marry an imaginary friend. I'll keep that in mind for later...
I'm glad to see that Michael's surviving on the streets so well, and I'm excited to see what will come next in the Womanizer Generation. :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 7:14 PM
Definitely doin' this one
I'll also be posting pics.. Should be done within a couple days hah. First challenge- How exciting!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cupahtea
Definitely doin' this one
I'll also be posting pics.. Should be done within a couple days hah. First challenge- How exciting!

Great! I can't wait to see how it goes!
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KayMacd
So, I was sitting at my computer thinking about Sims and what I could possibly do to make it more entertaining, more...challenging. And that's when it hit me: the most challenging challenge is a challenge that's challenging.
In other words, The Challenging Challenge.
The Challenging Challenge is a legacy challenge sorted into 6 generations with 6 different themes, all of which I can assure you are very challenging. And starting the challenge is really very simple.
Just like in almost any other legacy challenge, create two YA sims, one male and one female, with any appearance or traits you wish. But keep in mind this challenge is meant to be challenging, so consider giving your sims traits that contradict their goals, to make it even more challenging. The sims you create should preferably be married, but, on the other hand, you might want to marry them later on for an extra little challenge.

GENERATION 1: The Amature Farmer
Your sims have just moved in to persue their lifelong dream of becoming a farmer, and in their excitement, they forget to read all warnings or ask for any advice. They go to the supermarket and buy 25 apples, 25 grapes, 25 lettice, and 25 tomatos. Together your sims spend the next two days planting all their new crops, until no less than 100 crops are planted on your lot.
THE GOAL: Keep all 100 plants alive as long as possible, and every time a plant has wilted, replant it immediantly.
EXTRA CHALLENGE: Feeling as if they don't have enough help, your misguided farmers are sure that having a lot of children will make it so much easier. Have at least six children.

GENERATION 2: The Money Waster
Now that your sim has finally turned eighteen, they are desperate to get as far away from that farm as possible. They move out of their parents' house immediately. Unfortunately, it turns out that it's not so easy to survive on your own, especially after spending so many hours missing school to help out on the farm. No job will hire you, and your household funds are at zero. But there's no way you're going to move back there!
THE GOAL: Mooch and steal your way through life. If you run out of money, sell your furniture. It's better than moving back with Mom and Dad!
EXTRA CHALLENGE: It's pretty obvious that the best way to get money is to eat out a lot and marry the unemployed! So what if you lose your house in the divorce, or your ex-spouse won't pay child support? It's all worth it anyway!

GENERATION 3: The Womanizer/Manizer
Seeing Mom and Dad struggle to survive on the street really inspired your sim to make something of themselves. Immediantly, they join the Business career...only to find that their boss is REALLY hot. (WARNING: same sex romance most likely required)
THE GOAL: Have a romantic interest with your boss and all of your coworkers.
EXTRA CHALLENGE: You obviously don't expect to stay in your relationship with your boss, so either give them the boot or just stop working with them, and start another career. How many bosses can YOU schmooze?

GENERATION 4: The Horrible Foster Parent
After hearing about Mom or Dad's many affairs, and Grandma and Grandpa's struggles, your sim has suddenly found it in their hearts to give unfortunate kids what they never had: a loving home. It's not like it takes all that much work, right?
THE GOAL: Adopt three kids and have three more of your own. Don't feed them or help them with their homework, and the only job you can get is the Daycare profession if you have Generations.
EXTRA CHALLENGE: Once you have at least one teen, kill off your foster parent. Make your teen take care of all the kids.

GENERATION 5: The Ghost
Maybe it was because of your horrible parent, foster or real, or maybe it was because of your low self-asteem, but somehow, one of your sims have starved themselves to death. Now, your sim is determined to bring them back to life, and there's only one way to do that.
THE GOAL: Maximize your cooking, gardening, and fishing skills and earn enough money to make Ambrosia. Don't accept the opprotunity from the Science Facility.
EXTRA CHALLENGE: Join a very hard career and maximize it while you're trying to learn the skills. Add in other complicated distractions, like boyfriends and girlfriends, children, and maybe even your own death!

GENERATION 6: The Genderphobic
Nobody knows how or why, but somehow, your sim is absolutely terrified with whatever gender is not their own. They've got to stay away from them at all costs!
THE GOAL: Give your sim a profession like Politics that requires talking to people, but whenever they encounter a sim of the opposite sex, they must first woo-hoo with them, and then lock them up and starve them to death. (Pregnant sims will stay alive until they have the baby.)
EXTRA CHALLENGE: Are you crazy? Do you have any idea how many sims of the opposite gender you're going to have to kill already???

So there you have it. Six generations of The Challenging Challenge. To be honest, I don't know if generations 3-5 are as challenging as they could be, so PLEASE offer suggestions for the challenging challenge!!!! The more challenging The Challenging Challenge gets, the closer it becomes to becoming the most challenging challenge!!!!
And let's face it, we all want a challenging challenge every once and a while.

Oh, and for an extra challenging challenge, absolutely NO cheat codes of any sort regarding money or testingcheatsenabled true. Mods are also not considered very challenging. And PLEASE don't make your sims celebreties, because they get free stuff which gives them money which is NOT very challenging.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Ahh can’t wait to get my new computer to start this.