Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:47 PM Last edited by justJones : 10th Feb 2014 at 3:00 PM.
Through History Legacy Challenge
Concept: This challenge was inspired by (and in turn, based off of) Pinstar's Legacy Challenge Rules. It follows a legacy family through 7 generations, each generation being modified to refelct a different time period (ie: Tribal Era, Medieval Period, Pioneering Period, Victorian Era, 1920's, 1950's, and present day).

Story: The time traveling device used byDon Lothario caused a ripple of time for the town of Riverview. Somehow, when Don Lothario was sent back in time, a family of sims from the past were brought into the future. With the town divided between the original sims and those of the time traveling persuasion, one family takes it upon themselves to enter a more modern lifestyle - one generation at a time.

Overall Game Play: The challenge mirrors the format of various Legacy Challenges; one family will be played on one lot through 7 generations, ending once the 8th generation takes control of the household. A new generation takes power once the heir reaches Young Adulthood. Upon transforming into a Young Adult, the heir is considered to be the head of the household, along with their spouse.
  • Sim's Lifespans must be set to "normal"
  • No cheats allowed. There are no exceptions to this other than the one specified below (under 'Generation #1'). Should a player cheat at any time they are to be penalized 50pts from their final score.
  • Should a sim be disowned (forced to move off of the lot due to certain rules listed below) by the legacy family a player will be penalized 75pts from their final score.
  • Clothing, hairstyles, and home of the legacy family must reflect the time period in which you are currently playing. When a new sim enters the household they are to plan their outfits to match that of the household's.
  • The legacy family is to start with two members - one male and one female created in CAS. No other sims made in CAS will be allowed to reside in the household.
  • The family must reside at 345 Riverblossom Hills Drive, which is located in the town of Riverview.
  • New sims may only be added to the household through marriage or (in later generations) adoption.
  • The heir is required to remain on the lot until a new heir becomes the head of the household. At this point the past heir may move off of the lot (they are not required to, however). Any other sim may move off of the lot at any time - however once they leave the household they are not allowed to move back again.
  • Custom content (so long as it does not effect game play) is not only allowed, but encouraged.

GENERATION ONE: Tribal

It's the early days of civilization for your family! Once entering CAS, it's up to you to create a strong female and male couple that reflect the times (I suggest lots of animal furs, and very little clothing). They are to share no relationship with the other - it's your job to develop that later. They should be placed on 345 Riverblossom Hills Drive, where you will then be allowed to enter a cheat. The "kaching" cheat is to be used 6 times - granting you 6,000 additional simelons to build a home for your family. No sims are allowed to work, although the family may make money by fishing and gardening. No sims on lot may complete "oppurtunities" offered by the game. No adoptions are to occur during the first generation.
  • 1 pt. for every gardening skill gained by a female family member.
  • 1 pt. for every fishing skill gained by a male family member.
  • 5 pt. for every sim that masters the painting skill.
  • 5 pt. for every female that masters the cooking skill.
  • 5 pt. for every male that masters the athletic skill.
  • 10 pt. for every child born on the lot.

GENERATION TWO: Medieval

Once the eldest son of the original couple reachs young adulthood, it's time for the family to come out of the dark ages (Well, sort of..)! Should the family have failed to produce a son, the eldest daughter may act as an heir and start to the new generation once she is married. Upon the heir's wedding or birthday (depending on their gender) it's up to you to redesign your lot - bring your sims one step closer to the future by dressing them appropiately (women in long, ornate dressers; men in ornate pants and shirts). If your budget allows, it's reccomended to redecorate your home. Male sims are now allowed to work any full-time job. Female sims are not permitted to work. Unmarried sims are not permitted to "kiss", "make-out", "woohoo", or "try for baby". Bathrooms must be detatched from the main home. No sims on lot may complete "oppurtunities" offered by the game. No adoptions are to occur during the second generation.
  • 1 pt. for every gardening skill gained by a female family member.
  • 1 pt. for every fishing skill gained by a male family member.
  • 1 pt. for every instrument skill gained by a family member of any gender.
  • 1 pt. for every painting skill gained by a family member of any gender.
  • 5 pt. for every female that masters the cooking skill.
  • 5 pt. for every male that masters the athletic skill.
  • 20 pt. for every sim that marries. (25 pt. should the sim be rich)

GENERATION THREE: Pioneer

Once the eldest son of the original couple reachs young adulthood, it's time for the family to actually come out of the dark ages! Should the family have failed to produce a son, the eldest daughter may bring the family into the next generation once she is married. Upon the heir's wedding or birthday (depending on their gender) it's up to you to redesign your lot - bring your sims one step closer to the future by dressing them appropiately for the time period. If your budget allows, it's reccomended to redecorate your home. Male sims are allowed to work any full-time job. Female sims are not permitted to work. Unmarried sims are not permitted to have children - although no actions are off limit, should an unwed female sim become pregnant she is to move off of the lot. No sims on lot may complete "oppurtunities" offered by the game. Adoptions may occur during the third generation, however these children are not able to become heirs.
  • 3 pt. for every gardening skill gained by a family member of any gender.
  • 3 pt. for every fishing skill gained by a male family member.
  • 10 pt. for every female that masters the cooking skill.
  • 10 pt. for every sim that marries.
  • 10 pt. for every lifetime wish fulfilled.

GENERATION FOUR: Victorian

After the long years of working farmland and pioneering their way to riches, it's time for your legacy family to relax and relish in the joys of life. It's the victorian era, and although your sims should still be working hard, the time calls for a new appreciation of recreation. Once the eldest child has reached young adulthood, the new generation will begin. It's once again up to you to redesign your lot - bring your sims one step closer to the future by dressing them appropiately. If your budget allows, it's reccomended to redecorate your home. Male sims are required to work a full-time job of their choice. Female sims are permitted to work as cooks, nurses/doctors, journalists, muscians, teachers, or daycare workers. Unmarried sims are to remain as chaste as possible - "kiss" and "shy kiss" should only be used between engaged or married sims, while "woohoo" and "makeout" are reserved solely for married couples. Sims may now complete oppurtunities offered by the game. Adoptions are allowed, and adopted family members are eligible to become heir.
  • 5 pt. for every painting skill gained by a family member.
  • 5 pt. for every instrument skill gained by a family member.
  • 5 pt. for every writing skill gained by a family member.
  • 10 pt. for every sim that marries. (15 pt. if an adult/elder male family member marries a young adult female sim) (25 pt. if a young adult female family member marries a rich adult/elder sim)
  • 25 pt. for every party held on the lot.

GENERATION FIVE: 1920's

Congratulations! Your sims have made it to the roaring '20s, the time when the real fun begins. As the start of the sexual revolution, this generation is in for a treat! Once the eldest child has reached young adulthood, this generation will begin. It's once again up to you to redesign your lot - bring your sims one step closer to the future by dressing them appropiately. If your budget allows, it's reccomended to redecorate your home. Male sims are required to work a full-time job of their choice. Female sims are required to work as cooks, nurses/doctors, journalists, muscians, teachers, or daycare workers. Although all interactions are now allowed, regardless of marital status, female sims who become pregnant are required to marry before the baby is born. If they fail to do so they will be required to move off of the lot and will be disowned by the family. Sims may complete oppurtunities offered by the game. Adoptions are allowed, and adopted family members are eligible to become heir.
  • 5 pt. for every painting skill gained by a family member.
  • 5 pt. for every instrument skill gained by a family member.
  • 5 pt. for every writing skill gained by a family member.
  • 25 pt. for every party held on the lot.
  • 50 pt. for every time an unwed female family member woohoos (Be careful with this though - if they become pregnant they risk being disowned, and you risk losing 75pts).

GENERATION SIX: 1950's

Things settle down for the sims of this generation - there's a new found sense of family for your sims. Once the eldest child has reached young adulthood, this generation will begin. It's once again up to you to redesign your lot - bring your sims one step closer to the future by dressing them appropiately. If your budget allows, it's reccomended to redecorate your home. Male sims are required to work a full-time job of their choice. Female sims are required to stay at home, unless they wish to persue a career in the music or acting industry. Although all interactions are now allowed, regardless of marital status, female sims who become pregnant are required to marry before the baby is born. If they fail to do so they will be required to move off of the lot and will be disowned by the family. Sims may complete oppurtunities offered by the game. Adoptions are allowed, and adopted family members are eligible to become heir.
  • 5 pt. for every cooking skill gained by a female family member.
  • 5 pt. for every handiness skill gained by male family member.
  • 15 pt. for every party held on the lot.
  • 50 pt. for reaching the top of their career.

GENERATION SEVEN: Present Day

Once the eldest child of the past generation reaches young adulthood you're ready to enter into present day! It's once again up to you to redesign your lot - bring your sims into present day by dressing them in modern clothing. If your budget allows, it's reccomended to redecorate your home. Sims are not required to work, however a sim of either gender may find a job in any field. Sims may complete oppurtunities offered by the game. Adoptions are allowed, and adopted family members are eligible to become heir. The challenge ends once the oldest child of this generation becomes a young adult.
  • 1 pt. for every skill point gained by any family member.
  • 10 pt. for every child born at the hospital.
  • 15 pt. for every party held on the lot.
  • 25 pt. for every party held off the lot.
  • 50 pt. for reaching the top of their career.
  • 50 pt. for every aspiration fulfilled.
  • 1 pt. for every 100 simelons in the available funds on the day of the transformation of the oldest child from teen to young adult.

Happy Simming!

*I take no credit for the photos supplied in this post. If any of the photos are yours please contact me and I will remove them or give credit to you, depending on your preference. Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 6:49 PM
wow. sounds like a good challenage just i would have no hope at the houses ;D
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 7:23 PM
Yes this challenge sounds like a good challenge, it will be interesting to add more restrict. like furnitures for each period: sample: tribal gene. a few furnitures was allowed for this period, no car, no computer, no dishwasher like that, another sample: medieval chess table allowed, no computer ect.. I think I will do that by myself with this challenge for more real.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 5:48 PM Last edited by ViviSims2 : 18th Sep 2011 at 7:10 AM.
This challenge is so awesome =)
I can't wait to play!

Accidental Murder
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 7:26 AM Last edited by RaptureQuinn : 4th Oct 2011 at 10:46 AM.
Wunderbar!
I plan on doing this right now.
I downloaded some content for it.
I hope other people see this again and post their stories, pics or blogs.
I'm really interested in the historical and social aspects of it, could be quite thoughtful and realistic.
x

EDIT:: http://timewarpsims.blogspot.com/ IT STARTS
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 5:25 AM
Im TOTALY doing this
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 8:26 AM
My Sims, Kadee & Apari, have had their first child! Her name is Alys.
And my legacy has a Facebook page now - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Time-...221922217871555
So go like that and see how I'm doing!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 4:42 PM
I'm going to give this one a try! This challenge seems like a lot of fun. Although I wish I had more historical objects/clothes for my Sims now...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 2:18 AM
You ought to add a "Future" themed generation with all the Future stuff on the sims store! (just random thoughts...) Also, "medieval" to "pioneer" seems quite a jump. Perhaps a "Renaissance" generation? "Industrial Age"? - steampunk? That would bring it to a "traditional" ten generation challenge, as well. Love the challenge, though. Definitely going to try it when I don't have so much on my plate.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 8:56 PM
I just started this. Meet my tribal couple (Hari & Cayna Tribal). They aren't married but have the same last name. They have a son (Mosl Tribal) and are pregnant again.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 1:53 AM
Hari and Cayna had 4 more children this morning! Mosl was joined by brother Esamu, sister Taash, and twins Daimer & Dayna. The twins birth was followed immediately by a quickie wedding and another successful Try for Baby. I need a break!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 9:54 PM
Hari is 37 and nearing the end, Cayna is 35 and can no longer conceive children. They have 9 kids (Mosl, Esamu, Taash, Daimer & Dayna, Bodba, Unga & Ungers, and Ishyi). They have 2 grandchildren (Hari Bayless and Cayna Tribal). Mosl is mated to Kizzie something and expecting a child.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 4:32 AM
Hari died at 40. Cayna is 51 now and no idea when she'll go. She already has a great granddaughter from her grandson Hari Bayless' girlfriend.
Mosl and Kizzie had 8 children before aging to elder (7 girls and 1 boy). Their son was born when they were both 0 days til elder. Close call there.
I've decided to stick Roman time period in-between tribal and medieval. Roman times will start either when Mosl dies or Alek ages to young adult.

Check out my weebly @ Elvis2010.weebly.com
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 4:23 AM
I Loved this Challenge im at the victorian legacy right now, but my Tribal sim Wont die she is so old lol
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 8:10 AM
I'm so excited to try this!! I just hope I can get the clothing and the decor right! Does the Pioneering Period really come before the Victorian Era? Is that a stupid question? Haha. I just feel like the Victorian Era would come first. Oh well. Haha. Also, I don't have Riverview downloaded. Do you know a replacement I could use in Sunset Valley? Thanks!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 11:27 AM
I think I'm going to try this challenge next, but since I'm not American I'm going to scrap pioneer and insert Classical period between Tribal and Medieval, since I think it's kind of an important time period to civilization. I'll have to come up with the restrictions and stuff but I'm sure I'll have enough historical knowledge.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:56 PM
I'm going to give this one a try, and for the first time blog it. So please check it out! FurbySims3.blogspot.com
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 6:06 PM
This sounds awesome. I'll probably restrict myself at bit more in the early time periods as well. I'm curious if I were to stream this on my twitch channel would people be interested?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 10:10 PM Last edited by OkamiFukuro : 22nd Dec 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Quick question. For the tribal stage, can we also have a sculpting station? I know that people back then would create things with their hands... not sure if sculpting counts.

And WildcatCait, the pioneering era was in the very early years of the world. The Victorian Era occurred in the 1800's, a few centuries AFTER the pioneering era. Also, you can use "15 Summerhill Court" in Sunset Valley as a replacement for the Riverview lot. That's what I'm doing, since I also don't have Riverview.

As well, during the Victorian Era, women couldn't work as cooks, doctors, musicians (although they could probably sing. Maybe.), journalists or anything like that. They were meant to be looked at, but were supposed to stay at home and take care of their husband and children, not work. The limit they could do is probably being a daycare person and watching their friends children when they went away, or being a painter.
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 7:24 PM
so cool
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 1:11 AM
awesome pawesome (i suck at spelling today)

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 3:55 PM
okay so instead of like one generation each, I was thinking that I would do a couple generations EACH. Like Tribal: 3 Medievil: 4 etc.

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 2:59 PM
I'm going to try this! Now that we have Roaring Heights and Into the Future it should be fun Not many people do it which I think will be cooler too <3
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 8:34 PM
I've started my challenge!
I made a tribal couple, Carteteeta Oomlis (Don't ask, my 6-year-old sister named her!), and Cooha Oofsha (again dooon't ask)
They have a large fishing pond, and Cooha has level 6 or 7 fishing
They also have a large garden, which Carteteeta tends, she has level 7 Gardening, and they have a beehive and painting easel as well
They've just had their first daughter, Taasha, she has the traits Easily Impressed (which the game gave her) and Artistic
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 2:31 AM
Might do it... Except for the building par =P