Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 6:01 PM
Default The Last Flight of Euro-Air flight 940: Crash and Investigation
So...here is my first attempt at horror/thriller stories so I hope you all like this short story! Inspirations include Final Destination,CSI,The Ring, and a Seconds From Disaster episode about TWA Flight 800.

Part 1:Beginning

On the evening May 18th, 2004, Sam looks at his airline ticket that's laying on the bureau in his room. It read....

"EURO AIRLINES FLIGHT#940 WEST PALM BEACH INT'L (PBI) TO BRUSSELS AIRPORT (BRU) DEPARTURE 10:05PM ARRIVAL 5:50AM"

Sam is taking two of his best friends, Anthony Kane and Carter Regan on a backpacking vaction around Belgium and parts of Scandinavian Europe for about 3 and a half weeks. Sam and his buddies are 18 years old, just graduated high school a few days ago and as an added bonus are now going on an extended holiday in another whole other continent.

They think they're on the highway to heaven, but they're really on the road to hell...

"Sam?" Sam's father Ned calls his name. "I just got off the phone with Anthony's dad, he said he's picking you and Carter up at 7:30 tommorrow so you can check your bags in, go through the security checks and catch your plane on time." "Ok Dad!"

"Hey...everything's gonna be alright son, I promise.." The reason why Sam is somewhat scared to go on this trip is because a few years back, a plane that him and his family were on had engine trouble and needed to make an emergency landing. Doubtlessly, that shook him up quite a bit.

The next morning, the morning of his trip he got up rather late. He looks at the clock radio which reads "9:40AM" he looks at his ticket "EURO AIRLINES FLIGHT#940" the time he got up matches his flight number.

He goes downstairs to the living room where he sees his dad watch a western movie. On the TV screen, he sees a man get violently stomped to death by an out of control horse. Somehow, the same weird feeling he got when he saw the 9:40 on the clock returned. But has no idea how a killer horse can be connected to going on a plane?

At around 8:00PM Sam,Carter and Anthony wave goodbye to Anthony's dad who was nice enough to drive the boys to the airport. They then walk to the main lobby of West Palm Beach International Airport, they hear an announcment over the loudspeaker "Attention all travellers. The airport does not endorse peddlers. You are by no means required to give your money to entrepeneurs."

Carter looks at the video screen marked Euro Airlines Arrivals and Departures which reads...
"FLIGHT 940 TO BRUSSLES, BELGIUM DEPARTS 10:05PM TERMINAL B GATE 5"

"That's good, we still have 2 hours to kill until our flight arrives."

After the 3 of them check their bags, they go through security, the line is short, but they see everyone waiting in line getting poked, prodded and patted down.
“Fuh-ck, Do we have to go through this shit every time we fly?” whined Anthony.

After getting scanned and patted down in security, the 3 of them walk down the terminal. “Motherfucker squeezed my balls! This is the absolute last time we’re flying, from now on its road trips.”

As the boys go to grab their boarding passes, Anthony looks at his visa and passport “Wow, I look soooooo fuckin’ high here.” Carter looks over and just laughs.

The ticket clerk gives Sam his boarding pass. "It's the same as your birthday!" "What?"
"Flight 940 takes off at 10:05 and your birthday is October 5th! Your special day is the same as your departure time! Just pointing it out! Have a very nice flight!" the clerk said in that overjoyed-about-my-job attitude that annoyed Sam.

Sam walks to the terminal window where he looks out at the massive Boeing 747-200 that him and his friends are about to board. "Damn...this plane is HUGE!!"

However Anthony has another thing on his mind as he checks out two beautiful college girls, clearly out of their league. “Sam...don’t tell Carter but I totally worked the ticket clerk so that your sitting next to the blonde, and I’m sitting next to the brunette....”

"What EVER" Sam scoffed. "Dude! get wisdom! The flight is 7 hours and most of it is in the dark." Sam keeps on walking through the terminal, ignoring Anthony. "If we don’t get something going on this fuckin’ flight. You better call Dr. Zhivago and put us out of our misery."

An announcement over the loudspeaker cuts into their coversation. "Ladies and Gentleman thank you so much for your patience. At this time, we would like to start pre-boarding for Euro-Air Flight 940 to Brussels,Belgium."

END OF PART 1. PART 2: THE CRASH IS COMING SOON

hope you like it so Far!!!
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 7:53 PM Last edited by fraroc : 24th Dec 2011 at 7:57 PM. Reason: accidentally put in the wrong pic :)
Default Part 2:The Crash
Part 2:The Crash

To Anthony's massive chagrin, the brunette college girl is striking up a conversation with another man.

"Belgium is a beautiful country, you know that?"
"I know, I really can't wait to get there!"
"I was actually supposed to go on location in Belgium ages ago, but then I heard about that TWA Flight 800 jet that took off from JFK, then out of the blue just burst into flames. 200 people died...
"That's SO sad!! I actually heard the government shot that plane down because they thought it was hijacked!"
"Oh that's just conspiracy rubbish, it was faulty wiring in the fuel tanks. But then the next year I heard about a Korean Airlines jumbo jet that crashed into a hill in Guam and almost everyone died...For about 7 years I was just TERRIFIED of flying. It was only last year I overcame my fear."

Outside the terminal, Sam peers out the window to see a Belgian dressage horse being loaded onto the jumbo jet, but it's putting up a fight.

"Woah there, easy there boy! steady boy!!!"
"Are you sure the cabin pressure and the sound of the engines won't bother him? He seems high strung."
"He'll be fine. He's been on a plane before."

Somehow the weird feeling he got this morning returned. "Carter...Is that a horse going on our plane?" "It looks like it,but why would a horse be going a flight to Europe?"

Suddenly, seating section C was called up.

"That's us! Let's go!"

When their section was called, all three of them boarded the giant Boeing 747, walking through the massive, wide-bodied cabin to find their seats.

The two college girls seem to approach Sam as he takes his seat. “Excuse me?” one of them said “Can you sit next your friend so that me and Shari can sit together? We asked him but he’s got like a penis stuck in his throat or something like that....say yeessssss

Sam looks over at Anthony signaling “No! Don’t do it!”

Sam, overwhelmed by the girl’s presence gives up his seat for them. Anthony is obviously angry at what Sam did. “Thank you, you’re so sweet!!”

Sam goes to sit next to Anthony. “Faggot.” “What?! You thought you were gonna tittie-bang them over Bermuda or shit like that?”

“Because of YOU, I have to sit here and watch fuckin’ Kate and Leopold for the next six and a half hours, thanks man....I really appreciate it.”

Then the boys hear a loud (CLANK). The doors shut on the 747. And the aircraft begins to roll out of the gate. “Flight attendants, please prepare for departure.” The stewardesses strap in for departure.

The 747 moves oh-so-slowly but surley to the runway and the engines power up. Sam glances at his ticket for the absolute last time. "Euro-Air Flight 940.....Palm Beach to Brussels." he repeats to himself....

What Sam,Anthony and Carter do not realize....is that....they will never make it to Belgium....

The aircraft begins to gain speed and gently pitch up for takeoff "ALRIGHT!!! Europe,here we come!!" Carter yells.

But then suddenly, It. Happens.

BOOOOM!!!

Everyone on board panics as the windows glow and two of the plane’s four engines explode! The cabin starts to vibrate as if it were passing through massive turbulence!

The heavily damaged Boeing 747 somehow is still able to become airborne and climb at a normal pace, but inside the cabin is pure. unadulterated. mayhem.

The cabin suddenly jolts to the left and starts violently banging,thumping and shaking! Passengers scream! Luggage falls out of the compartments, flying across the cabin, People violently thrown from their seats like ragdolls! The oxygen masks deploy from the compartments!!

A pre-recorded emergency transmission blares from the PA with a eerie calm. “Emergency, fasten seatbelts, put on oxygen masks.” Sam’s hand trembles as he puts on his mask. He looks out the window to see the plane is turning sharply and flying very erratically.

Suddenly, amid the mayhem, a bone chilling neigh is heard from the back of the plane!!

The horse that was being stored in the back of the plane becomes spooked! It breaks out of its containment and gallops down the isles!

The cabin starts to buffet back and forth violently, sending the steed into an absolute frenzy!! It begins to rear up and stomp a stewardess to death! Blood covering its hooves!

Passengers and flight attendants attempt to restrain the animal, but then they meet the same fate!! It then neighs viciously and stomps another flight attendant to death so hard that blood and guts cover the cabin isles!!

The horse then gallops over and kicks Carter in the head, knocking him out! Sam and Anthony scream! Then all hell breaks loose.

CRASH!!! BZZT-BZZT-BZZT!!!

A piece of the plane’s ceiling collapses! Exposing many short circuiting wires, which zap and electrocute several passengers! Sparks fly EVERYWHERE!! Then.....

KA BOOM!

An INCREDIBLE EXPLOSION triggered by the sparks rips through the cabin. Sam looks in fear as fire and flames ERUPT and see the silhouette of the spooked horse rearing up!

The massive explosion blasts a massive gaping hole in the plane, resulting in an extreme decompression of the aircraft!! Dead passengers slump over lifeless in their seats!!

Everything unrestrained flies out of the aircraft through the hole,Including several passengers and the horse!

A man tries in vain to save his friend from falling of the airplane but they are both PULLED INTO THE SKY!!!

Anthony and Sam scream, knowing that this is it. This is the end. A passenger hangs himself to death on an oxygen mask, a little girl crying her eyes out, all hope is lost. Then....

BOOM!!!!

BANG!!!

FWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHHHHHHHHHH

KA BOOM!!!!!

A massive blasting sound crescendoes across the cabin and fire erupts across the airplane, Billowing outside the aircraft, Killing all of the passengers, and breaking up the massive 747.

Sam can do absolutely nothing but scream as the massive torrent of fire burns his face off. The darkness envelops him, envelops Anthony and Carter and envelops 341 souls on board.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 11:49 PM
Default Part 3: The Aftermath
Part 3: The Aftermath

If there is one place that never sleeps, it's a large international airport. At around 10:09PM, just moments after Sam, Anthony, and Carter boarded Euro Airlines Flight 940 to Belgium, The airport is still as busy as ever.

Peter Sims is in the Euro Airlines terminal waiting for his 11:15 flight to Lausanne, Switzerland. He is also an aircraft enthusast and takes a lot of joy in looking at the massive jumbo jets that are taking off and landing. He has his eye on a certain Euro Airlines Boeing 747-200 that is about to take off. As it does lift off, he wonders..."Are those engines smoking?"

He does a double take and as he turns his head the other way, he sees the 747 swerve to the left and suddenly and violently ERUPT IN A MASSIVE TORRENT OF FLAMES!!!!

KA-BOOOM!!!!

The sound of the explosion is so loud that a window shatters! People gasp in dismay!
"Oh my GOD!!!" "Holy CRAP!!!" "There must have been SO many people on that plane!!"
People say in shock.

The sheer speed of the annihilation of three-hundred and fourty one lives is cruel as flaming wreckage spirals into the Atlantic Ocean...

News stations were quick to report the disaster.

"Today on RVN World News....what may be the deadliest aviation disaster in American history, a Euro Airlines jumbo jet with over 300 people on board reportadly exploded on takeoff from West Palm Beach Int'l Airport in Florida. Reporter Debra Owens has the story.

"Thanks Michelle, What you are seeing here is an image from hell as jet fuel burns on the ocean surface. According to eyewitnesses, Euro Airlines Flight 940 burst into flames shortly after a 10:05PM takeoff from Palm Beach International. The first objects to wash up on shore from the doomed flight are what appears to be the cargo door of the Boeing 747-200 as well as the carcass of a horse that I can assume was in the animal containment section in the plane, as well as several dead passengers.

"The police force are en-route to the crash site in hopes of finding anyone alive. But hope is fading as wreckage sinks into the ocean surface. All 341 passengers are feared dead, making Euro Airlines Flight FG940 the deadliest aircraft accident on American soil, surpassing American Airlines Flight 191 which was a McDonnell Douglass DC-10 that crashed into a trailer park shortly after takeoff, killing 271 people, but here 341 people died, which is an ENORMOUS amount of deaths for a plane crash. The National Transportation Saftey Bureau as well as the FBI has arrived at Palm Beach int'l to begin their initial investigation, although the cause of the explosion is undetermined. Many people in the airport as well as the West Palm Beach area reported seeing or hearing the plane explode.