Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2015 at 5:57 AM
Default The Academica Challenge *Note: use whatever town to be your Academcia town*
The Academica Challenge

*Backstory*

Academica residents prided itself on its learning choices, with students graduating with flying colours each year. However, one year a terrible virus broke out and killed half of Academica's population, leaving many jobs without employees. Now the town is on a race against time to get young people graduated and out into the working world!

Goal of challenge: Make sure your students have mastered required skills that each boarding school requires (See more below)

This challenge requires you to create three different households with young adults and an adult/elder for a teacher/principal.This is basically a large scale version of the School of Performing Arts challenge and I actually recommend you follow the same challenge for each of your boarding schools.

You must design 3 boarding schools for: Science and Technology, School of Arts and Industrial design and construction.

Each boarding school must have classrooms and living quarters for students to live and learn tailored towards their subject fields. Some ideas include:

School of Science & Technology:

- Computer room
- Chemistry lab
- Lecture theatre
- Advanced technology classroom
- robotics classroom
- biology lab
- Fitness Labs/Pools/gyms/archery/surfing

School of Arts:

- Dance studio
- music room
- art studio
- performance hall
- drama class (Showtime EP comes in handy)
- vocal lessons
- literature/English classroom
- On Site Radio station
- Tattoo and Fashion studios

School of Industry and Farming:

- Bee keeping farm
- milking cows/chickens
- food garden
- mining machines (to simulate learning to mine)
- inventing classroom
- design room (using the whiteboard and draft station, or sketchpads)
- Wood work room (use the toy makers shop machine)
- An industrial kitchen (cooking for chefs etc)
- auto-mechanics garage

Your students must be split into different groups like:

School of Arts:

- Dance Students
- Fashion Students
- Music Students
- Drama Students
- Literature and Media students

School of Science and Technology Students:

- Chemistry students
- Biology students
- sports students
- technology students

- Farming Students
- Industry Design Students
- Wood work and metal work students
- Cooking students

Each school must have subject themed excursions every weekend:

School of Arts:

Music and Drama Students can take trips to the local cinema/theatre/movie studio
Dance and Drama students can attend the local simfest, or have class assignments to perform in a simfest or go to the local gym
Fashion and Art students can attend the local gallery or go to the local beach or park for concept designing
Literature students can take their laptops to the local library or museum

School of Science and Technology:
Science sims can go to the science lab in town or travel to the future
Technology sims can travel into the future
Sport students can attend sporting events, go to the gym or local sports field for their own game

- Trips to local farms to help out
- trips to the consignment store
- trips to the local junkyard
- military base, restaurants and grocery stores are good places to go to as well

and basically you follow this for individual schools ---> http://modthesims.info/t/466146

MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL: these aren't about points, these are about using your imaginations and have fun and share your results to the threads. c:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 5:43 PM
I like this. I might do it when i finish my a-z legacy challenge.