Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:11 AM
Sims 3 Royal Kingdom Challenge by Tota (based on enblith's Sims 2 RKC)

This is my version of the Royal Kingdom Challenge. It's a hard-core challenge, for advanced/hard-core players. Casual players beware

In 2012 I started this Royal Kingdom Challenge version for TS3 based on the TS2 royal kingdom challenge created by enblith, that I used to play back in the day, now I wanted to share it with you here in Mod the Sims:
Original RKC post on the sims 3 forums

Do your Sims have a longing for days gone by? Do they want to shout "Huzzah! Long Live the King and Queen!?" Do they have a hankering for good old-fashioned servitude? Then it is you duty to transport them back in time several hundred years to live in Good Old Simland! Simland has a King and or Queen that presides over all of their loyal subjects. It's up to you to make the strongest Royal family that you can. The fate of the Kingdom depends of you!
from the original post by enblith

You need:
- A new neighborhood
- 1 royal family: 1 King (Young Adult/Adult/Elder) and 1 Queen (YA/A), and any number of servants (optional)
- 2 noble class families: 1 Lord (YA/A/E) and 1 Lady (YA/A), and any number of servants per household (optional)
- 2 merchant class families: 1 male (YA/A/E) and 1 female (young adult or adult) per family
- 2 peasant class families: 1 male (YA/A/E) and 1 female (YA/A) per family
- 1 monastery/church family: 1 male/female (YA/A/E) #

Only 1 family of each class is ok too

Playmode

I play all my families, but I guess you could only play one if you'd like
I play each family the same amount of time
I've added other "odd" households (wizards, trolls, witches etc.) to fill my neighborhood. I have story progression on for them

I use NRaas StoryProgression mod to allow me to set story progression off for my households and let the rest of the neighborhood have SP on. I also use it to transfer money from lower classes to the higher classes, according to the Taxation System

Goal
The point of this challenge is to make a themed neighborhood with a royal family, nobility, merchants, and peasants and reach 5 generations with at least one family from each category.

OPTIONS
Theme
If medieval isn't your style you can also play this challenge with another theme such as Victorian, Gothic, Egyptian, fantasy or any other theme that suits you.

Church
If you want to play with a church, you will have to add a church/chapel and monastery/abbey to your neighborhood that you can send sims to that you don't want to marry. Sims of the church are considered a separate class with their own rules. Church rules are marked with #

Moving Out Sims
If you move out a member of the family to create another household you can either choose to add it to your play list and play the household as any of the others, or just move them out and let SP take care of them.

Family-trait
When creating each household's founders in CAS, choose one of the founder's 5 traits to become the "family trait". There after, every sim born to that family must possess this trait by the time they reach young adulthood. If they do not inherit it at birth, you must choose that trait the moment you are given the option. The remaining traits still must be rolled for.

Patriarchy/Matriarchy
The challenge rules have been written assuming that the game play is of a patriarchal society (male inheritance of land and title), however, you can choose to play a matriarchy instead. All rules that apply to either males/females should then be reversed to apply to the opposite sex. These rules are marked with **